[Video] I made two videos recently

13thforsworn

I made two videos in the past month. One is a short video of me fucking up (as usual) in video games, the other was more for the purpose of improving my video editing skills. The stream clips are from a year and a half ago, but the point was to learn something.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
@13thforsworn I got a little confused in the second video with the perspective switching, and the content itself seemed a little dry. All of your editing though was pretty spot on! The Metal Gear Alert (!), MS Paint drawing, and the transition to seeing two screens at once. All really well done.

You want to do this stuff professionally or something?

13thforsworn

@13thforsworn I got a little confused in the second video with the perspective switching, and the content itself seemed a little dry. All of your editing though was pretty spot on! The Metal Gear Alert (!), MS Paint drawing, and the transition to seeing two screens at once. All really well done.

You want to do this stuff professionally or something?
Thanks dude. I realize the content itself is pretty niche, you'd have to be a fan of both crendor/Gmart AND steel to remotely care or find it interesting, but like I said, I just thought it would be a good learning experience. I set the screen splitting specificially as the learning goal, but as I was making it, the scope of the video went beyond that, hence the addition of the 'memes' and the slow motion recap. Right now I'm just doing it for fun, although video editing could be something I could add to a resume if I really honed my skills. My friend keeps trying to convince me to become a Youtuber and do it full-time, but I think that would be a really bad idea, especially now that video monitization is in the dumps. I'm not nearly creative enough to come up with ideas consistently, much less editing it all together.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Dude, definitely put video editing on at least one variant of your resume! Even if it wouldn't apply directly to a job you're applying to, that communicates a skill-set that most applicants won't have. If nothing else, it makes you stand out a little. And, best case scenario, a white baby boomer that doesn't know much about technology reads way too much into it and thinks you must be brilliant to self-teach a skill that sounds difficult to them.

(This is only anecdotal evidence, but putting my shoddy video game development experience on my resume is what landed me my first big-boy job due to the "best case" mentioned above. I still shake my head over the fact that making a nonsense game about stick figures indirectly increased by income by 50%)

Top Bottom