[IC] Paladin Academy

Shizno

Brick/Jasper/Raven

"Duuuude, yeah, it'll be, like, pretty awesome." Blues said as he walked with the three.

"I'm Raven"

At that, Blues started to snicker a bit, eventually bursting out into a full laugh. His eyes were closed as he walked and his head thrown back as he bellowed. This went on for most of the walk to the arena, when the group of four finally arrived, Blues started to calm down a bit, theatrically wiping a tear from his eye as he let out a sigh of relief, "Alright, enough of that, let's go sign up."

A teenage boy in Manaphy Blue uniform sat behind the desk, idly letting his mind wander. When Blues approached, he just slid the sheet of paper and pen to the Celebi Green. Blues took the pen and signed everyone up, verbalizing as he went, "B105, Blues and Jasper. 104, Brick and Raven." He let out a small chuckle as he said Raven's name. The Manaphy Blue explained something to Blues and Blues nodded, "Alright, man, that's, like, pretty rad." He turned back to the group and smiled, "Awesome, news, dudes. We don't even have to wait for our turn. They already have a team or two waiting so we can go ahead. Let's, like, go do this." He strolled into the arena.

Lillis

Amber had started stretching for the upcoming match at somepoint, just an average routine: jumping a bit to get the blood flowing, bending over to touch her toes, etc. After a few moments, a student in Manaphy Blue entered the room, "Hey, you two, we got a match for you. Just stand at your end of the battle area and you'll start when the refs says begin." With that short explanation, they left. Amber turned to face Lillis, "Well, partner, ready to do this?" She grins as she returned her Chimchar, "More of a dramatic entrance," she explained as she walked out into the arena.

Everyone

The arena itself is large enough to contain multiple battles at once, but for this occasion, the battles are limited to two at a time. In the stands, there were a number of Manaphy Blues and flashes of red watching the matches between the Celebi Greens. Blues walked over to the battle area and smiled, giving a wave towards the spectators who either waved back or laughed at him. He didn't seem bothered by it, either way.

After Jasper, Brick, and Raven took their places, the doors on the opposite side of their areas opened, revealing four individuals who started to approach. On Jasper and Blues' side was the familiar girl with a black pony-tail following a taller girl with headphones around her neck. The taller girl took her place and waited for her roommate. Once Lillis was by her side, Amber pat the shorter girl's back. "You ready for this?"

At the other battle area, approached two other girls: one of which is fairly familiar. The one on the left was the same girl dressed completely in pink with the blond pony-tail. She seemed to be a mix of eager and nervous to battle someone else. The girl next to her was slightly taller with long black hair. If there was one thing that her face could be described as, it would be 'determined to win'.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Oh, it's those people from earlier. Looks like the body builder and mr. trench coat got put together. I wonder what pokemon they will have. Lillis puts her hand on her pokeball and puts on a confident face. “Of course, let's show them what we can do.” Misdreavus, I'm counting on you.

Dragonruby

"W-wait, let's all just hold on a minute here!" Jasper cries out, attempting to pry himself away from Blues' grip, though to no avail. The boy had a hand of iron.

Jasper continued to struggle, dragging his feet across the ground, even as he was pulled into the arena, Blues likely not even noticing his plight, even as his free arm reached out to try and find a hand hold in anything he could grab, the door way, the boy from Manaphy Blue, even digging his fingers into the wall. "Look man, I really don't wanna do this... Hell, I don't even have a pokemon!" Hopefully that'd be enough to get him out of this.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Brick looked over, pausing half-way before continuing to take the in the sights.

Bubblegum Blondie and the other girl, Toothpick? Yeah. I think that's her..

He glanced over at the Shrimp.

He's probably going to send out a whimpy pokemon. Looks like I'll need to carry this.

Brick pulled out the tiny red-and-white ball, not expanding it as he waited for a signal.

Shizno

Jasper/Lillis

"Duuuude," Blues said as he looked at JAsper with the smile that he's becoming known for, "Don't worry about it, man. I got you covered." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a Pokeball, "Good thing I realized you left it in your bag, otherwise you won't be able to battle man!" He placed the ball firmly in Jasper's hand, "Alright, now let's show these two how great our teamwork is, man."

The referee watched both sides of the arena and with a wave of his hand yelled, "Begin!" At that, both Blues and Amber reached for their pokeballs, tossing them out almost simultaneously. From one side, a familiar purple grass-type with green leaves on its head popped out. On Amber's side, A small red monkey with a flame for a tail revealed itself, eyeing the plant with confidence.

"Uh-oh, dude," Blues said to Jasper, "That's not good, man, hopefully you have something that can, like, handle a fire type." However, he didn't exactly seem concerned about the the possible outcome of the battle.

On the opposite side of the arena, Amber simply laughed, "Oh wow, this'll be easier than I had thought!"

Brick/Raven

The two girls eyed their adversaries carefully, as if sizing them up. When the referee gave the signal, both girls reached into their packs and threw out their Pokemon. "Go, Terese!" Charm, the blond girl ordered. From her pokeball appeared a small round Pokemon that seems to have an eggshell covering most of its body.

The girl next to Charm also threw her pokeball, it landing and releasing a small brown reptile, "Go, Seymour, show them the will of a detective!" The Pokemon seemed to not be very interested in battling as it just sat there and sighed as it waited for the two boys to send out their Pokemon.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
At the referee's signal, Brick expanded his poke ball before throwing it out.

Pan popped out, striking the standard pose of a Pancham - leaf in mouth and hands on his hips. Pan!

Hmm.. The eggshell seems weaker.. and more fragile than the reptile.

"Shrimp. I'll handle the eggshell. You take the reptile."

Dragonruby

Jasper stared down at the pokeball in his hands, and let out a stream of muttered curses under his breath. In all honesty, he'd completely forgotten about this, having barely touched it ever since he pulled it out that one time during the very beginning of the start of his boat ride here to the island. He glanced up at Blues, a strained smile on his face. "Heh... Thanks..." Jasper said, not feeling very thankful at all. He turned from Blues to look at the rest of the audience. There were too many people here watching for him to just back out now... He sighed.

He enlarged the pokeball, tossing it up and down in his hand for a moment, staring down at it, and wondering if he was going to be regretting this soon. "Well... Here goes nothing." And with that, he tossed it out in a rather lazy looking underhanded throw. "Go, uhhh... Whatever you are..."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Lillis throws out her pokeball and misdreavus appears in the air. Lucky lucky, oddish is weak to fire and generally known for using status effect moves but is weak in terms of hp. As long as the other boy doesn't have anything to counter us this might be easy. I shouldn't let my guard down though.

Shizno

Lillis/Jasper

From the pokeball emerged a quick flash of light, releasing the Pokemon that was stored inside. When the light faded, there was a confused looking mammal glancing around, "Cub?" It said in bewilderment. The Pokemon had mostly white fur except for its head which was a light blue. It looks back at its trainer and tilts its head, "Choo?" From that angle both BLues and Jasper could see the long run of mucus coming from its nose. A large smile appeared on its face, "Cub!" It exclaimed as it turned back around to fight for its trainer.

"Duuude," Blues said, "That's a pretty nice Cubchoo, bro. Shame that we're both weak to fire type attacks, but that's, like, pretty rad." Blues then started to give his Pokemon orders, "Alright, Kurt, let's do it. Use, like, acid on that Chimchar." Amber, meanwhile continued to laugh, "Oh, wow, this just keeps getting easier and easier. Well, Lillis, let's team up on one of them." She said, "Carter! Use Ember on the Oddish!"

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Alright, focus. Ignore everyone in the arena watching, they don't matter. All that matters right now is the doubles battle. “Be careful, oddish knows a lot of status effect moves. We'll support you. Misdreavus, use confuse ray on cubchoo”

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Shrimp? Oh, he'll pay for that one, after this is over...

"...Shade."

Raven throws out his Pokeball, revealing a Pokemon that looked a little like a small girl in a dress.

"Brute. Your Pancham is a bad matchup against that Togepi. Togepi is fairy type, so fighting attacks will only do half damage. The brown one is a Sandile, though, which is dark type. I hope you know that fighting is twice as effective against dark, so go for that one while I take out the Togepi."

OOC: Thanks, Shinzo.

Last edited:

Dragonruby

"It's a... Snot-nosed... white... thing...?" Jasper said, tilting his head curiously. He'd never bothered to memorize pokemon names, so the majority of it all was just confusing to him. He looked to Blues as he mentioned the pokemon's name. "Cubchoo?" Jasper mimed back. "Well, uhh... What do I do- Oh right, the battle!"

Jasper looked out over the field, then down to the Cubchoo, wondering what to do now. "Uhh... Crap, how the hell do I do this... I'm supposed to tell you what to do, right? Aww, crap... What the hell can you do? Umm... Go get that, uhh... Flaming red guy... Sneeze on him or something maybe? That'll get him sick, right?" Jasper had no idea at all what he was doing.

Shizno

Jasper/Lillis

Cubchoo nodded, completely understanding what its trainer wants, no /needs/ it to do. But before it can act, a bright light radiating from the Misdreavus was shone on the Cubchoo, dazing it slightly. However, the effects of the confuse ray wasn't as helpful as Lilils had hoped as the Cubchoo manages to shake off the feeling and continue its attack. Taking a deep breath in, it sneezed, sending small bits of snow and ice at the Chimchar.

The attack of mucus and ice hit the Chimchar, slowing the flaming simian slightly, but thanks to its fire typing, the damage it took is minimal. The Chimchar named Carter continued with his trainer's orders and used his hand to reach behind himself to grab some of the flames that encompassed its tail. It flung the small flames as hard as it could towards the Oddish which it managed to land a hit. However, at the same time, the Oddish used its poisonous saliva to spit at the Chimchar, also landing a hit. It seems both the Chimchar and Oddish have taken about the same amount of damage this round.

"Duuuuude," Blues said, "That's a pretty clever tactic, slowing the Chimchar down, man. But it's gonna take more than that. Alright, Kurt, hit 'em, with like, a Poison Powder, man." Amber just shrugged, "Don't worry about, it Lillis, sometimes things hit, sometimes they don't. What's important is to keep attacking and wailing until it connects! Carter! Use another ember!"

Raven/Brick

To better describe the reptile, it was a quadraped with a large jaw. Its entire body was brown with the exception of the black stripes that covered it.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
“Ugh, how annoying.” It didn't work... I guess I will try again. I have to either help defeat oddish faster or delay cubchoo's attacks. I could try astonish but that's only has a small chance of flinching. I am not sure if I want to gamble on that and just focus on stronger attacks. If I spend too many attacks trying to confuse we might end up losing this battle. We should take care of oddish before both of our pokemon have status effects. “It will be trouble if they both get status effects, misdreavus hex on oddish.”

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
The kid is whimpy and probably relies on type advantage.. whatever they are. All I know is if you hit something hard enough it goes down.

"Pan. Arm Thrust on the Sand-something. Just hit the brown one on all fours."

Brick looked over at the Shrimp's pokemon, stifling his laughter. A big, dumb grin spread across his face.

A girly pokemon for a girly kid.

Dragonruby

"Huh? Uhh... Yea, tactics... I totally planned that..." Jasper said, having totally not planned that at all. He turned to stare out at the battlefield, his mind churning. Okay... So Cubchoo apparently does snow and cold stuff... Ice melts in contact with fire, turning into water... Water puts out fires... So Cubchoo must be strong against fire, right? Wait, but didn't Blues say Cubchoo was bad against that? Goddammit, how the hell do these things work. Screw it, I'll just wing it.

"Umm... Just... Sneeze again!" Jasper called out. "Or maybe punch it or something? Bite it? Just hurt it!"

Shizno

Raven/Brick

"Terese, you can do it, use Metronome!" On her cue, the Togepi started to wave its hands back and forth in a rhytym, chanting "Toge-prii, Toge-prii." as it walked towards the Ralts. Shade began to concentrate, focusing on sending out a small wave of psychic energy at the Togepi. When its preparation was complete, it released the small psychic blast, but before it could, Togepi stepped to the side and jabbed its paw into the Ralt's side. The psychic blast was weakened, not doing enough to confuse the attacking Togepi, but still doing some damage.

As Pan approached the Sandile, Seymour carefully watched the fighting-type's movements. That is, until its trainer called out, "Seymour, use Sand Attack!" The ground-type dragged its tail across the ground, throwing dirt and small pieces of rock into the eyes of the Pancham. The Pancham, now blinded, continued its charge, swinging its arm to hit the reptile. The panda's arm missed, hitting the ground, kicking up more dirt, but not doing any harm to itself or the Sandile.

Jasper/Lillis

The ice bear, understanding its trainer's wishes completely, nods as it rushes into battle as fast as it can. Its claws outstretched, aiming for the Chimchar. When it reaches, a flurry of fur and claws is all that could be seen. Taking a step away from the newly damaged fire-type, Oddish used this opportunity to gather its spores, blasting the monkey with enough toxins to surely poison the monkey.

But Carter isn't hindered by these actions, grabbing another handful of its tail-flames, it tosses its embers again at the Oddish. The small specks of fire make contact as Kurt flinches, one of its leaves slowly burning. With the newly injured Oddish, Mismagus focused on the injury, chanting a short incantation to use the burn to enhance its own attack. The leaves of Kurt's head grow to be inflamed for a moment as the Oddish cried out in pain. Trying to steady itself, it toppled over, fainting from the hex.

Blues looked over to his ally as he returned his Pokemon, "Sorry, dude, you're, like, gonna need to finish this without me, man. But don't worry, that Chimchar's pretty weak from the poison and attack. It won't be too much longer before it goes down, man."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Now that I really think about it I also could have used psybeam since it is effective against poison types. Well this time oddish was on fire so hex was a better choice. I need to focus more or I will not be able to win. “Use hex again on Cubchoo.”

Top Bottom