[IC] Paladin Academy

Shizno

The ship that brought you to the island was obviously high-class. It was large enough to house and feed around 100 students for the three day trip to Paladin academy. What the students did during that time was mostly their choice. They could have played games and swam in the pool on deck or just stayed in their room reading. Ever day, the ships’ cooks would make three meals a day for every passenger. This is the high life, right here. And if the students’ stay at Paladin Academy was going to be like the ship, they were in for a treat.

The ship docks around noon on Arche Island. From the docks, the students are led towards the large gates that serve as the entrance to the campus. Looking to the south, the mountain that takes residence in the middle of the island is visible. However, continuing their entrance ceremony, the students are all instructed to enter and take their assigned seat in the auditorium. The auditorium itself is as nice as you’d expect: three different sections of seats that are divided by small walkways. So it goes five seats, walkway, five seats, walkway and another five seats. There are plenty of seats to fit possibly the entire student body, but only the new students are present, so only roughly a third is taken.

Lillis’ assigned number is twenty-two. When she gets to her seat, there is another girl her age in the seat directly left of her with blonde hair tied into a pony-tail. To the right of Lillis is Brick’s seat, who was assigned twenty-three. And then it goes Raven and Jasper with twenty-four and five respectively. As the auditorium fills out, it leaves the students that already found their seat time to talk between one another.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Ship Ride

Pfft. Time to go to Paladin Academy and show those pompous brats what is what.

It was the afternoon when Brick arrived on the docks where the cruise ship was. He glanced around, looking at the nobodies that were strewn about the ship - playing and having fun.

Good. Enjoy your time for now.

He smirked to himself before slipping into the pool himself. He ran laps, refusing to swim around the kids if they got in his way and bulldozed past them. He stayed in the pool for ten laps, a light warm-up before he went back to his room. He tossed the poke ball in the air, kicking the door closed behind him.

A beam of red light shot out on the bed as the bipedal pokemon smugly glared at Brick.

“What are you looking at, Pan?”

The voice was sharp before it turned into a warm smile. The Pancham lazed about on the bed before giving a heartfelt “Pancham!”

“Pan, it’s exercise time.”

Brick fell to his knees, throwing his fists out to the ground. He hefted his knees up as he began to do sets of push-ups.

“Come on… Pan. No slacking. I’ll leave you in the dust, if you don’t keep up!”

The Pancham jumped off the bed before joining in the training.

From them on, it was the same thing every day. Work out. Eat. Sleep.

Docking on Arche Island

Here we are.. Paladin Academy…

Everything was unfamiliar and larger than life. Brick’s fingers touched the poke ball on his belt, bringing a wry smile to his face. Just because it was larger than life didn’t mean it was too large for him. He walked with the group, trying to shove his elbows out to give himself space.

“Twenty-Three. Got it.”

He shuffled in the seat, sitting next to a small girl in a black-ponytail. Cute. For a toothpick, I suppose. He looked her over as another kid took a seat next to him. A sinister grin fell on his mouth. Perfect. The shrimp next to him was wrapped in black with odd-colored eyes and blonde hair. The only kid that seemed normal was to the right of the shrimp. He was a lanky-looking kid who didn’t seem all there.

Brick folded his arms with a sigh, grumbling something about the chairs to himself.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Ship

Well, I guess this is it. Time to see what makes this academy so special...

Raven arrived fairly early, getting himself a room with a window. He didn't pay much attention to the people around him, deciding that there was time for that once they reached the island.

"Ralts! Come on out."

Ralts appeared on the floor in front of Raven, glowing slightly with psychic energy.

"I doubt we can get away with slacking off here, Ralts, so let's get a head start on everyone by training on the boat!"

Raven and Ralts train for most of the trip, although Raven also takes the time to relax and enjoy the trip, spending a good portion of his time sitting on deck, reading.

Arche Island

Guess this is it... The island is nice enough. I'll try to climb that mountain when I get some free time...

Raven felt slightly lost in this new place, but he adjusted to that quickly enough. The crowd of people around him was another matter. Raven made sure to break away from the crowd as soon as possible, and stood off to the side, waiting for directions.

"Twenty-four? Alright."

Raven went to his seat. On his left, he noticed a massive, hulking brute with spiky blond hair.

Just the kind of person I despise the most... Great.

One down from the brute was a small girl with black hair and green eyes. Kinda cute, I suppose. With that, Raven dismissed her for the time being.

Just then, a tall kid with messy black hair sat down next to Raven. Looks normal, but he seems kinda out there... Raven quickly passed over him and focused on the stage as he waited for the presentation to start.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Ship

The academy really must want to make a good impression with the ship. Well it is very nice.

Lillis stayed in her room for most of the trip between meals and exercise.

“Come get some air” Lillis gently tossed a pokeball in the air and a Misdreavus came out in front of her. I wonder if it ever gets cramped in pokeballs. “It's going to be a three day trip, so you better get comfortable. Have you ever seen the open sea like this?” Lillis pets Misdreavus's head before going to read some pokemon battle strategy books. “oh and I want to try and make a good impression so please don't scare anyone, at least for a few days.”

Island

It's a very nice island, hopefully I'll be able to find some nice scenic cliffs or beaches later. Lillis heads to the auditorium while trying to avoid attention.

Let's see, number twenty two. That girl to the left of me has a nice pony-tail, the guy on the right looks as tough as a boulder. I wonder if he is weaker to flying type moves... maybe I should just keep that thought to myself. The guy next to him has a nice coat, interesting colour scheme too, but not bad by any means. That boy next to him looks kind of average, but I'm usually not one to trust appearances.

Lillis sits quietly waiting for something to happen.

Dragonruby

Ship

Jasper tossed a duffelbag full of his belongings onto the ground as he put his hands on his waist and looked around his room for the next three days with a smile. "Yes! Finally!" he called out, reaching his hands up above him. "Three years! Three full years that I'll be away from mom and dad! Sweet, sweet freedom! Finally, no more stupid lessons or 'training' sessions with all their stupid pokemon, no more attempts at sending me to pokemon camp with a bunch of snot nosed kids, finally! I'm free!" Jasper cackled in sheer elation and joy, uncaring about the fact that his neighbors, and anyone out in the halls could probably hear him. He quickly set about unpacking his things that he'd brought with him for this three day journey, throwing clothes into the closet, pulling out books and a laptop, and making sure he had his toothbrush and toothpaste, and other such thins.

As soon as he was done, he sucked in a deep breath, and sighed in contentment, still riding on the high of finally getting away from his overbearing parents. He looked around his room one final time, the soft smile on his face slowly cracking into a toothy grin. "Alright! Time to do all the things my parents wouldn't let me do at home!"

Sometime Later

Jasper laid on his bed as he explored the dark and mysterious depths of his bellybutton, scratching at the lint that spawned there. His room was already a mess. Books lay strewn around on his bed, his laptop was left sitting on a desk afforded to each room, showing an error page after Jasper realized that there was no internet on this boat, and a deck of cards was scattered across the floor after he tried to build a house of cards, only for the rocking of the ship to send it all tumbling down around him. "Goddammit I'm bored..." he complained to himself, as he decided to stop poking at his bellybutton, seeing as how it turning rather red from all his prodding.

He sighed, staring at the ceiling letting his mind wander for a moment, drumming one hand idly against stomach, until he felt something in his jacket pocket. He furrowed his brow in confusion. He didn't remember putting anything there. Reaching in one hand, he pulled out a small orb, half white and half red, about the size of a large coin. A pokeball. "Oh right... I remember now..." Jasper mumbled to himself quietly as he enlarged it, letting it fill the palm of his hand. A final gift from his parents before he left home. He hadn't wanted the thing, and his parents had refused to tell him what was inside of it, or... Maybe they did, and Jasper just didn't listen. Either way, whatever was inside this thing was a mystery to him. He tossed it up on the air several times, letting it simply fall back into the palm of his hand. He wondered if he should let it out, just to see what it was. In the end, he decided against it, shaking his head. "No... If everything goes well, I won't need it at all..." he said quietly to himself, before miniaturizing it again and returning it into his pocket, turning his mind to other things now.

School

Walking down the auditorium hallway, Jasper whistled a lazy tune to himself. Jasper had found a solution to his boredom, after discovering that the cruise ship had an arcade, and overall the trip went well for him. The joy of finally not having his parents breathing down his neck at every opportunity was beginning to wear off, though, and he had begun simply walking around with a lazy gait, hands shoved into his pocket, simply letting things take him where he was needed. He soon found his seat, taking a look at the people down the aisle where he was assigned before sitting down. Two girls and two guys. The two girls seemed pretty average, for the most part, but the two other boys... Well, the first was a tall and tan muscle head of some kind. He just oozed out that kind of personality, and Jasper hoped he either was more than he seemed, or that he could just simply avoid the boy. The other boy was the exact opposite of the first, short, kind of pale, and dressed in entirely black and purple... Seriously, who did that? Sure, Jasper himself wasn't exactly wearing the height of fashion either, but he had obviously coordinated his clothes, and if you put that much effort into dressing yourself, they should at least make it look good. He kept these thoughts to himself, though, and just sat there quietly, waiting for the whateveritwas that they were waiting for to start.

Shizno

The blonde girl sitting next to Lillis broke the silence of the row, "Erm, hello." She greeted the black-haired girl, "I'm Charm," she said as she held her hand out to Lillis. Charm seemed to be somewhat nervous about the entire ordeal and she might be introducing herself as a way to calm her nerves a bit. Charm's attire was that of a bright pink top matched with a skirt. She had her purse, also pink, on her lap. The only thing that wasn't pink was the blue hair ribbon that kept her pony-tail in place.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
What should I say? I should do a greeting right? Alright act confident, but nice. "H-hello, my name is Lillis, it's a pleasure to meet you. Are you anxious? I am a little."

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
School

Brick hunched over, feeling cramped from the massive sea of students that sat around him. He tapped his foot quickly, as his fists furled up.

This is taking way too much of my damned time.

His sharp eyes glared at the students that waddled into the auditorium like lost ducklings looking for their mother. His face twitching slightly.

Hurry up. You’re all like Psyducks.. I just want to go to my room, explore, then train.

His right hand opened and closed. The sound of his knuckles popping was quiet, but audible as he kept the rhythm going.

Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop.

It was somewhat therapeutic for him and took his mind off of the slow kids and the presence of the shrimp next to him.

Erm, Hello.

The voice of the girl rang out as the rhythm broke. He gave a sigh as the girl to the left of the toothpick. His left eye glanced over, looking her over. Bubblegum Blondie broke the silence. He looked back at the stage, listening in on the conversation.

H-hello, my name is Lillis, it's a pleasure to meet you. Are you anxious? I am a little.

The air was stuffy and the auditorium that housed them was becoming warm.

Sniff, Sniff.

His nose twitched as the room had a mixed scent - the odors of sweet perfume and sweat. The murmurs of conversation grew - white noise to the conversation between the Bubblegum Blondie and the Toothpick known as Lillis.

Shizno

Charm nods, "Yeah, at least I'm not the only one," She comments, letting out a sigh of relief. The two girls' small talk is cut short as the lights in the auditorium go dim. The stage in front's curtain open, revealing a large red creature with wings. Many people can easily recognize this as the Pokemon Charizard. Its wingspan is impressive and its height is a solid six feet tall. The students carefully watch the Pokemon as it looks across the sea of faces, "Good afternoon," the Charizard greets the room, "I am Charles Zarid, the dean of this academy."

It seems like something's wrong here: Wait, that's not a Charizard at all! Upon slightly closer inspection, the Charizard is actually just a man in a Charizard costume. The man continues as normal, "You students are the next generation of this Academy, and I am here to welcome you. I will be going over some basic things, but I'll try to keep it short. After all, I'm certain you're all eager to learn where you'll be staying during your time at Paladin Academy."

He goes on to explain general rules and regulations about the academy. Under everyone's chair is a folder with info on their classes and living conditions. Lillis's assigned room is G107. So the girl's dorm in Celebi Green. Brick and Raven will be roomed together in B104 and Jasper will be in B105, just across the hall from the other two. As for classes, they will start Monday. Most people note that today is Saturday, so that makes the rest of today and tomorrow a free day to get accustomed to school campus. After thirty minutes of explanations, Dean Zarid takes his leave, stating that the students are free to join clubs and explore the school at their leisure.

Charm stands from her seat and looks to Lillis, "Well, I should get to my dorm. It was nice meeting you." She gives a small bow before walking off.

Celebi Green Schedule and Club List

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Damn it, it just HAD to be him... Wonder if I can request a change? Anyway, let's take a look at these clubs...

OOC: I know enough telepathy to know his name.

Kendo looks interesting... So do these Occult clubs. Wonder what they're about?

After the presentation, Raven tries to find someone to ask about switching rooms.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
A poke maniac? or maybe he was just a cosplayer. Kind of seemed weird they had us sit down in the auditorium for that, a simple hand out would have been good enough. Charm seemed nice enough, but that boulder felt like he was glaring at people the whole time, including me. A few of these clubs look interesting, maybe I could meet some people with similar interests there. Although it doesn't say when the clubs meet. Well I guess it all begins from here on out. Lillis heads to her dorm to drop off her belongings.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Auditorium

Brick gave a nod, appreciating the Charizard until the unspeakable happened - it spoke. Brick sat there for a moment as he pieced it together - taking a bit longer than everyone else. A blank stare remained on his face even after figuring it out.

Why is the Dean so weird? He probably legally changed his name too…

He explained about the rules as Brick rolled his eyes, snatching the folder as he looked it over.

Raven Eminance - B104
Brick Red - B104.

Huh. Raven? Sounds like a pompous brat.

He closed the folder, walking past the rest of the kids to get out of the auditorium as soon as he could. Being one of the first ones outside, he took a deep breath of fresh air.

“Finally. Fresh air.”

He walked away from the auditorium, looking down at the piece of paper and disregarding the classes and looking at the clubs.

Martial Arts? Fantastic. Screw the sciences, recreational is stupid.. except for cooking. Breeder.. maybe if I have free time. The Occult is stupid as well, but legendaries sound interesting.

He didn’t carry much with him in his knapsack, but he figured it’d be best to drop it off. He didn’t want to forget it somewhere. He went to the boy’s dorm, unlocking the door to B104. He left it open as he tested out both beds. He went with whatever one felt comfier. Reaching to his belt, he threw the red-and-white ball into the air, letting out Pan.

“There’s some fresh air for you, Pan.”

He started to unpack his knapsack - mementos from home and his dojo spread out along his desk and dresser. A warm smile spread along his face.

“Still at home.”

Dragonruby

Jasper glanced over to the other students as they each did their own thing to pass the time. The two girls at the end seemed to be having a conversation, but Jasper stayed out of it. It'd be weird for him to simply butt in, especially when he was on the other side of the aisle as well. Turning his attention back towards the stage, he blinked in quiet surprise as the Charizard turned out to be a man dressed like a Charizard instead, and the Dean of the school to boot. Well... He had a sort of audacity to him that Jasper could respect, he supposed. Perhaps things here wouldn't be so bad after all.

These thoughts were quickly taken back as he saw that his mandatory classes were based nearly entirely around pokemon. He stuck his tongue out in disgust as he saw this. It looked like he'd have at least three days a week dedicated to something he disdained. Ah, well... Nothing he could do about that. Such was the price for moving away from home, he supposed. He'd just have to weather the storm and float on by.

He turned his attention towards the clubs the school had. A lot of them seemed pretty interesting, other than the pokemon based ones of course. He idly wondered which ones he should join... Something sporty, perhaps? Maybe this could be the start of his rise to fame by becoming a star athlete? He gave a quiet chuckle to himself at that. Perhaps that was a little too ambitious. All of the recreational stuff he'd dipped into once or twice before, so those were decent possibilities... The sciences as well... Occult really caught his interest though. He'd never really looked much into that kind of thing before, and he wondered just what they were all about. Well, looking into that would have to be saved for later.

For now, getting himself set up in his room was probably a good start. At the very least, he had all his belongings before looking around the school, if he felt like it. Hell, maybe he'd meet his room mate too. Actually... Did he even have a room mate? He could've sworn it was mentioned he would have one, but it didn't seem to be mentioned here on this sheet. Well, again, that was something to worry about later. For now, he'd head to his dorm room.

Shizno

Raven
"I'm sorry, but we don't have any dorms to switch you into," The brunette woman behind the desk apologized, "It's the beginning of the semester and lots of people are just now meeting their roommates, so we can't transfer you with someone. We will, however, notify you if anyone decides to switch. We'll keep you updated." It appears that Raven will not get out of his dorm that easily.

Jasper
The door opened and the first thing Jasper noticed in his dorm was a vaguely sweet scent filling the room. Stepping inside, it appeared that his roommate was in the bathroom, judging by how it the door was closed and the water was running. His roommate's bookbag was on his bed on the left side of the room. From the bathroom, the water stopped and the door opened. A guy roughly Jasper's age with shaggy brown hair poked his head out.

A large smile spread across the teenager's face as he left the bathroom, "Duuuude," He said as he walked closer to you. "Hey, man, you my roommate?" Following the guy out of the bathroom was a small purple pokemon with green plants on its head. If seen by anyone other than Jasper, they'd probably be able to tell that this is an Oddish.

Lillis
She entered her dorm and immediately noticed her roommate on one of the beds. She was rather tall with short brown hair that stopped just short of her neck. It was somewhat hard to tell since she was lying on one of the beds, but she seemed rather tall, almost as tall as the large man from earlier, but not nearly as buff. At first, she didn't notice you due to the large headphones blasting music and her eyes were closed. However, this didn't last long as she eventually poked one eye open to look around the room, eventually falling on the girl with the pony-tail.

She looked up and down Lillis carefully before a grin that gave Lillis some discomfort appeared on the girl's face. Sitting up from the bed, she removed the headphones off of one ear to be able to hear, "So," She began, "I'm Amber," She gave a small wave and motioned opposite her to the bed so you can talk face-to-face, "So tell me, what's your name?"

Dragonruby

Jasper tilted his head in curiosity as he opened the room to his dorm. Just what was that smell? He shrugged to himself, closing the door behind him as he tossed his bag onto the empty bed, looking around for a moment until his presumed room mate walked out of the restroom and greeted him with an emphatic "Duuuude".

Jasper paused for a moment, looking the boy up and down, and glancing down at the Oddish following him around, before nodding to himself, or perhaps to the boy, and responding with a long "Suuuup," and turning around to unpack his things. "Yep, I'm you're new room mate, unless either one of us is in the wrong room here. Name's Jasper. Yours?"

Shizno

Jasper
The boy nods, "Hey, Jasper, it's like, nice to meet you and everything. The name's Blues." Blues talks somewhat slower than most people, sometimes elongating vowels. He turns around and picks up the Oddish, holding it in his arms, "And this little guy is Kurt." He sets the Oddish down on top of his bed and gives him a small pat on the head before turning back to Jasper, "So what's up, man, you have any plans for today? Because if not, I, like, have the perfect plan for us, if you're up for it."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So she's my roommate, she looks kind of cool with those headphones. “Hello” Lillis walks over and sits down. “I'm Lillis, it's nice to meet you” Lillis gives her smile after finishing. Upon closer inspection she also looks kind of cute.

Top Bottom