Interest Gauging - Fate Shizno's / Dumb

Requiem

Kratour you dumb slab, this is the part where you give me the info for the Discord that you do use!

Kratoury

I do, yeah. Still wanting to get some feedback on rather or not people want to play servants as well as Masters. - And sorry for being absent for a while there. Got moved around a bunch and had with being able to sit down and get stuff connected.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Makes no difference to me; I'd prefer playing a master, personally, I've got a little bit of stuff thought up. On the other hand, I'd prefer some autonomy in picking my servant, whether it's an NPC or player.

Kratoury

Then in that case, with an overwhelming verdict of 1 [Basically neutral but kind of prefers masters] to [Literally no other opinions stated], I guess I'll just work off of the assumption that we're running Masters alone. That works well for me, since it means that I don't need to worry about doing up rules for rolling up a servant and also means that I can throttle the number of players to a smaller number which makes me happy.

So yeah, there you go. Players are going to be running masters. Put together your sheet and let me know that you're good to go and we'll discuss a servant for you. I'll do my best to hit a nice balance of what makes you happy with what makes since for your character.

A few things to note. If you aren't completely sure of your character concept settling nicely within the realm of things that I'm going to accept, just hit me up. I don't want you to spend time on a character only for me to have to say that the core concept behind it is dumb and I'm not going to let you play a literal Power Ranger or what-have-you. Second, and this is more a note I'm leaving to remind myself of such things, your characters will generally be summoning servants via affinity. I guess it's possible to use a catalyst, but that's a bit tricky for several reasons. Not the least of those reasons is that there's decent odds that Chaldea has already summoned whatever servant your catalyst is connected to. ... Not that I have a big comprehensive list of all of the pre-summoned servants or anything, it's just something to keep in mind from a logical standpoint.

But whatever, y'all kids have fun and be sure to let me know here or on Discord or even Skype if you have any questions or feel like sitting through a long-winded rant about some random aspect of Fate that you could not possibly care about.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Still interested, but I know that this is going to be one of those games where I'll need to sit down and deliberate for a day. I considered making a gag character as a placeholder, but I don't want to sully this thread.

Requiem

If it helps any, I'd be interested in reading both master characters and servant characters. I'll keep up with the posts as an audience member for what it's worth.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
The more I think about this, the more I would have liked to have fun playing a servant. Masters are fun too I guess. I'm going to start writing up a sheet. Might take a bit to consolidate it.

Not sure what I should go with for element. Something normal or something wacky (looking at you Emiya). I'll probably just go with water.

Last edited:

Walrus

@Kratoury If everyone is running Masters, then you would be controlling and resolving the actions of all servants? (e.g. players issue orders to servants, then you control how/if the servants respect said orders)

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So stat wise is having two Bs, a C and a D too much, or good? I'm not really sure what we're going with. I can lower them if they're not good.

Edit: Also is there an age range/restriction for our characters?

Last edited:

Kratoury

Okay, sorry for the absence. I'm not exactly stable at the moment, what with my routes getting fucked over left and right, but whatever. So let's see here...

Walrus asks: "Is Kratour gonna be using our servants to throw down sick rhymes? I dunno if I want Marie Antoinette to be spitting hot fires left and right, but I respect Kratour enough that I know he would do it in a tasteless but hilariously overdone fashion."

- Well Walrus, let me put it this way. I'm not completely sure yet, I'm kind of thinking of doing a bit of both. Ideally, I would be controlling servants during social situations and allowing you guys to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL during combat so as not to create any situations where people would be like, "Yo Kratour, why'd my servant ignore me and go for ice-cream rather than blocking that attack? I'm beginning to feel as though I don't have all that much influence over combat y'know?" That said, I guess it sort of depends on how much work I'll be willing to put into things? I suppose that given my busy schedule it might be best to redact a previous ruling and allow players to pair up so-as to take some pressure off of myself..? Mm.

Coolpool asks: "Yo Kratour, I wanna play Marie Antoinette as an OG Berserker who just like... rolls around in her car and blam-blam drops other servants left and right with her gats yo."

- To that, I say... Well, I'm considering it now actually. Given that it looks like I'm going to be driving weird times for the most part, and further that it's hard to say what my routes are going to be like for a while since dispatch isn't exactly helping me get where I wanna be... I may swap that shit over? We'll see how people feel about it I guess. Then again, no one's going to actually chip in their opinions because... I dunno, why would they? So maybe I'll just have to throw out a proper ruling myself...

Coolpool also asks: "Hey so my dawg is like... stronk A/F and shit yo, is that cool in the hood... fridge or..?" Uh, that one got away from me, let's try again, "Are these stats okay for my character?"

- Well dude, that really just has to do with what kind of character you're making. Are they a homunculus or enforcer? In that case it would be perfectly fine to have stats like that, to the point where I'd comment on them being a bit low. Are they a bookish shota who does nothing but play card-games and snort cotton candy all day? In that case, I'd probably say they're a bit too high... Basically, throw some further details at me on Discord and I'll give a proper judgement.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Okay, sorry for the absence. I'm not exactly stable at the moment, what with my routes getting fucked over left and right, but whatever. So let's see here...
Love you, bby. <3 Stay strong.

Given that it looks like I'm going to be driving weird times for the most part, and further that it's hard to say what my routes are going to be like for a while since dispatch isn't exactly helping me get where I wanna be... I may swap that shit over? We'll see how people feel about it I guess. Then again, no one's going to actually chip in their opinions because... I dunno, why would they? So maybe I'll just have to throw out a proper ruling myself...
So wait. Are we gang war Fate now?

Are they a bookish shota who does nothing but play card-games and snort cotton candy all day?
Because this could easily be my gang-war character.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Oh, boy, I've got a few ideas kickin' around. I promise none of them will be underage.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Alright let's get the ball rolling. Tell me what I need to fix, I tried to keep things a bit short.
Name: Kin Jincan

Elements: Water (Wu Xing), & Darkness/Shadow
Origin: Balance and Harmony

Sorcery Trait: None

Attributes
STR D
AGI B
END C
MAN B

Skills and Abilities

Naginata Weapon Skill | Rank: D
Long Bow Weapon Skill | Rank: C
During her youth she trained in combat both magical and physical seeking a balance of fighting styles. She trained often with her weapons until she was confident in her skills.

Dancing | Rank: B
Acrobatics | Rank: B
Kin was raised to be graceful and elegant. She enjoys dancing in her free time.

Medicine | Rank: C
Kin studied medicine and anatomy to better read the flow of energy in the body.

English | Rank: A
Chinese | Rank: A
She is fluent in Chinese (Mandarin), and English.

Balanced Meal Planning | Rank: A+

Magecraft
Aquatic Flow | Rank: B
Yin Flow | Rank: C

Kin specializes in seeing the flow of the world. Her magic allows her to see the flow of negative energy and liquids. She can also manipulate water and shadows. The more impurities there are in the liquid the harder it is for her to manipulate it. Water can be pulled from the air, but she cannot gather a large amount of water unless there is a nearby body of liquid. Her magecraft allows her to attack or make barriers with the water, she can also walk on water with enough focus. She can manipulate existing shadows and create darkness, but they are still just shadows without mass. Even though her Yin Flow is a lower rank, she can manipulate shadows from a farther range due to their lack of mass.

Mystic Codes and Sorcery Traits
Mystic Code: Raiment of the Oar Fish – A long enchanted cloth. It is a beautiful red and white cloth with its fabric designed to resemble scales of a fish. It is very long, able to completely cover a limb and some of a torso and is very durable. Due to its heavy enchantments only a high grade blade can penetrate it, but against blunt damage it serves the same protection as regular cloth. It is designed to hold small pockets of water so that it can be easily manipulated by Kin. In a pinch it can be manipulated and used as a weapon with limited effectiveness.

Appearance
A tall and elegant lady with a casual air about her. Her wavy faded blue hair goes below her shoulders, often a bit unkempt but still neat. She has a soft face and blue eyes. Her body is slim but nimble. Her skin is well maintained, giving a smooth appearance. Her magic crest is on her back.

Personality
Most of the time she’s a well mannered lady, but despite her well groomed background Kin is very casual with people she’s comfortable with. She’s a kind and hardworking person who just wants a quiet life. Kin is a meticulous person who likes to do things slowly. Overtime she grew a complex for taking care of others, especially vulnerable people. This complex often manifests in her habit of taking in injured animals. Although she wants to live a quiet life, she can’t help but want to help others. She’s a patient person, and can try to help someone or hold a grudge for a long time. Although she acts kind towards others, she can be very paranoid and untrusting of others.

History
Kin was raised in a normal magus household as the single child who inherited the family’s magic crest. Since before her birth her parents planned to raise her to be the perfect heir to their lineage. They were extreme in their measures to raise her. Controlling every aspect of her life and often pushing her to the limit and punishing any misbehaviour. This led to her suppressing her personality, her only solace was her friendship with her homunculus maid. By the time she was 14 years old she had learned how to put on a mask to please her parents. One night when her frustration had bottled up she stole a dagger and stabbed them in their sleep.

From then on Kin lived with her servant and continued her parents magical study where they left off. She made a vow to herself that even if she had children she would never pass on her magic crest, thus letting her lineage die with her.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Alright, I've legit brainstormed a dope as fuck character concept, but on account of an exam coming up and some friends being in town this week, I will not be able to write it out until this weekend or early next week.

Fair warning, uh... this guy may be a little on the stronk side, and while I intend to have that well-justified I also plan to balance it out through some character traits. @Kratoury I'll pop you a message on Discord about it.

Top Bottom