Active Jeroth RWBY Mafia [Day 3]

13thforsworn

Ya, I haven't been paying enough attention to this game. Been juggling a couple of IRL things (school, toll payment in NY on behalf of someone else, preventing identity theft on behalf on someone else). I'm gonna try to catch up on the last couple pages of posts tomorrow, if that's cool.

Firedemon

While this is not a defense of Danny, nor possibly the best play, I'm going to Lynch Firedemon and I recommend y'all to do the same.
This game is at a standstill and I don't think it's acceptable when we all signed up to play. Jeroth won't have forever to Mod the game and we all won't have forever to be active. Either people can't spend 5 minutes a day reading to make at least a small post or we're completely off track and the mafia are keeping quiet.
@Firedemon @Cyonica @Dachande @Danny @Easy @13thforsworn (13th known you've had some toll troubles bruv I understand).
Yeah, fuck the inactives! Wait...

I don't fully trust Dunsparce and I believe he was the first one to label Danny as 'suspicious' when I didn't really see him do much wrong. Really just seeing FD as a neutral target.
Also happy to kill Walrus but again, so was Dunsparce, so goes against my hunch, and at least he's been active idk.
You're absolutely right to be confused, but i'd rather not go against my gut just because i've lost patience for the day, that's not what this game is about.
If you don't trust Dunsparce, why are you trying to lynch me? And if Danny and Walrus are legitimate alternatives for you if Dunsparce hadn't targeted them, wouldn't killing Dunsparce give you more information? If he flips town, you can act on your suspicion of them. If he flips scum, you know they're possibly/probably clear. I'd also feel that if your suspicion of Dunsparce outweighs your other suspicions enough that his attacks on them make them seem innocent, you should probably lynch Dunsparce.

I think the mafia wouldn't be wanting to draw attention to themselves day one, so I want to stick with my theory and fos all the quiet people. For the sake of getting things moving though, unlynch 13th, lynch Firedemon.
I don't do this; though it's fair that you wouldn't have the experience playing with me to know that I don't intentionally lurk.

slight reveal I know Cyon is 100% town.
*facepalm*

I have a similar arrangement with @Dachande, but without the speaking. We can't talk at night, from what I understand from not seeing the show, it's a one character obsessed with the other situation, or a maybe friendship or something, but anyway I get to know his alignment.
*facepalm harder*

I'm willing to buy for now that we may have a pro town block of 4; Cyon, Dachande, Andy and myself. Just because that is so similar to my own situation. As people within this group die at night (or in the day if it happens), it'll be verified even more.
*facedesk*

That's exactly why you shouldn't believe it.

Well, I'm down for hopping on the Firedemon lynch for today at this point.

*snip*

Other than me just trying to stay impartial and keeping in mind as many potentials as we can,
Unlynch
Lynch Firedemon
Why? Two roleclaims for four people just dropped. Some guy who's been inactive is the last thing you should care about.

As for the two sets of masons, that seems far too sketch. If it was just two, I'd have no reason not to believe it yet, but four 'confirmed' townies makes it more seems like a couple of them might be mafia. Just stressing that nobody should be considered 'confirmed' simply off of their own and someone else's word just yet, especially with an interesting situation like this.
This seems pretty forced to me. Makes me think that maybe Anatron might be a third mafia member with one of the groups that claimed masons. Just a possibility and I think that'd be pretty cool.
Third mafia member isn't absurd, since we do have 11 people. I don't really think this particular theory is likely, but the third mafia member thing isn't absurd. Two sets of mason esque pairs though... With 11 people... That's kinda absurd.

I don't see the Buddy claim honestly coming from Mafia members with such little pressure on them. Danny's story is most likely not going to stop me from voting him or Dach if it seems like they're more likely scum than my other options. I'm not dissuaded by you drawing lines between me and the people who posted above me.
Problem is, the claim makes no sense. I'm of the opinion that we should kill it with fire, as we should all things we don't understand*, because that absence of apparent sense suggests some game or some ploy on their part. Of course, there's always Occam's Razor; they could just be acting illogically.

*You're next Physical Chemistry, 4th edition by Silbey. Seriously, worst fucking textbook I have ever had. 2/10 would not recommend.

@Walrus thanks for the rule confirm, I guess I can't character name after all.

I easily deflected the few accusations that were already on me.
With Walrus so close to a lynch already, there was no pressure for me to make a buddy claim, or to even change my lynch.

As a mafia play, my claim doesn't make sense, because it makes me a prime target to be lynched in the day as a pretty good informational lynch; when I flip town Dach is cleared. If I flipped Mafia I'd just be a dumb Mafia bringing attention to myself day 1 for absolutely no reason; which is not how I play when I am mafia.

Likewise, I don't buy Andy making the claim and Cyon confirming it as a good Mafia play, because it links them. If there was a vigi for example who suspected they are mafia, it only takes one to flip mafia to out the other one.

Assuming not a bastard game, I am therefore forced to assume we have character pairings represented in the roles we have been given, and that we have been gifted 4 semi-confirmed town. Right now, I'm lynching firedemon because he's quiet and I don't have a better target; the Mafia loves a town that doesn't talk to each other because the more people are forced to talk the more likely it is for inconsistencies to appear and be pointed out.
I... Don't know what to make of this. I had something to say when I grabbed this quote, now I forgot.

(although, FD could just be busy and maybe this'll smoke him out.)
Nope, that book I was burning did it.

*Easy's massive wall of text*
I agree with this.

Looks like the information I was gifted is one way.
I did say previously I can't communicate with Dachande at night, but I was not aware he was unaware of my alignment.
So I'm actually thinking I believe Danny, because this one way thing kinda fits with a particular pair of characters very well I think, and Dachande not confirming it is consistent with what Danny initially said.

Again, throwing a fake claim like this would be a really dumb move for Mafia, since it clearly puts me under suspicion, particularly since a negative from Dachande makes my situation worse, so I'm just going to have to maintain that it is, in fact, true. But I would also like to say: If I wasn't me, I'd lynch me at this point, just for the information.

If I get lynched today, I will flip town, and that makes Dachande the natural mafia night kill, to get rid of a confirmed townie. But this reveal will also help us in that it may semi-confirm andy/cyons claim, I'm willing to believe that there is more then one mason group.
In this situation, we would lose two townies, instead of one.

Mafia has no urgent need to kill me, because of the suspicion already on me, the town will probably do it for them.
So I suggest a logical step would be to ask any role blocker to block me, or any investigator to investigate me.

Since I suspect I'll be lynched for information alone, I'm going to sum up my thoughts.

Easy is right on the money, I'm usually suspicious of easy since he plays quiet, but I think he's town.
Since Andy claimed the mason situation before I got a chance to mention it, (although I did hint at it before he said anything, just not in an solid way) and thanks to what easy posted about the possible pairings, I am willing to accept that the likely of there being more than one set of players with roles designed to cooperate is highly likely, and that I guess it was balanced somewhat by making mine a one way deal.

Anatron doesn't set off any alarm bells for me yet.

13th has been quiet, he only made one post to lynch walrus and has silently let town ruin itself so I'd watch him, and if I didn't think I was going to die, I'd try and pressure him into doing anything.

Because I will flip town, I'm vouching 100% for Dachande, so don't waste abilities killing him, or blocking him, put your focus elsewhere, maybe consider protecting him just to stop mafia making the town weaker.
I think this is just a case of a nervous townie saying way too much for no reason.

I believe Andy/Cyon are legit, the odds of them being scum buddies together two games in a row is very small,
Gambler's Fallacy.

and to the play of bringing up the mason thing and confirming each other would be too risky for the mafia, when a simple investigation or vigi could break that so easily, so that gives you 3 confirmed townies if I get lynched today.
It seems like such a bad idea either way. It seems to me the safest move is to lynch Andy, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just claimed for no reason just to make me facepalm.

So yeah, uh, gonna maintain that defensive Walrus lynch for the time being. If more of you would like to commit to that investigative Andy lynch, I'll switch.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Walrus - 3( 13th, Daschande, Firedemon)
Danny - 1( Anatronman)
Shizno - 1 (Walrus)
Firedemon - 3 (Andy, Cyonica, Shizno,)
Anatronman - 1 (Dunsparce)

6 Required to Lynch

Remaining votes: 1 (Danny)

AndyM03

Implying that the subset of active posters (from like page 3 and 4) contained every mafia then I think that's a laugh. Yeah, I don't trust Dunsparce, but I made my odd Lynch in a period of big inactivity from about half the playerbase. I'm a lot happier with the amount of discussion we've had today and I can absolutely be convinced to not Lynch you, since it was mostly out of frustration. Just because I have a hunch doesn't make me anti town or odd for not following on it. I've also had a hunch on Easy despite how much I agree with his big post.

I'm also suspicious of Danny but I'm leaning on bad town rather then anything else. The double masons is a surprise.

Basically I suspect a lot of people. The town didn't have a consensus. I doubted all 3 or 2 mafia (if we have a Sk? Idk the math) were in the active discussion. I also admitted some meta arguments for lynching you rather then someone like Dach or 13th, because I was effectively shooting in the dark and I admitted that.

You facepalm at my claim but the day was inactive, Dunsparce and Anatron suspected me and I wanted to aggressively advance the day without trying to appear scummy. It wouldn't have surprised me if people came out of the dark to bandwagon citing that a death needed to happen for analysis' sake, which is honestly kind of where I personally stand because again, I've got a lot of suspicions.

You're just as good as any kill atm, but I think I will end up changing my Lynch, just not sure who yet.

Walrus

I'm not a fan of the Danny and Andy lynches being suggested by @Anatronman and @Firedemon. Firedemon is still a good lynch pick, and I have been admiring the growth of that bandwagon even as the Shizno train has continued to be ignored.

Walrus

A mix of gut, your wall not doing anything to lift my suspicions, and your suggesting of an Andy lynch. I understand that lurking is not a necessarily scum play of yours but, even if it was, your mere return to post-making is not quite enough to clear you.

Last edited:

Anatronman

So you're siding with the town claimers because you think confirmed town will save you from the bandwagon on you that's still as strong an option as any.

Shizno

I'm not a fan of the Danny and Andy lynches being suggested by @Anatronman and @Firedemon. Firedemon is still a good lynch pick, and I have been admiring the growth of that bandwagon even as the Shizno train has continued to be ignored.
It might be a hard concept, but usually it means that if there's not a bandwagon on someone, people aren't convinced. Be it due to lack of evidence or there being more pressing lynch targets.

And with Firedemon back and speaking again he does bring up some good points. And... admittedly, I'm kind've at a loss as to what to do...
Unlynch Firedemon
I guess Walrus would work as a lynch, but I'm not convinced that he'd be this far on my dick if he was mafia.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I guess Walrus would work as a lynch, but I'm not convinced that he'd be this far on my dick if he was mafia.
Bah. I made one big post, and automatically got all this...
Easy is right on the money
I'm weary of Easy's wall of death. I've seen him do it as Mafia, I've seen him do it as town. Good points as usual, but not to the point of putting him above suspicion.
I agree with this.
...even though it turned out to be all bullshit, first.

Cyonica

Dunsparce has sat back a bit for a while now and his name has been thrown around by a few people over the last few pages. I'm also interested to know why he would be more suspicious of me and Andy if Danny flipped town, especially as Andy roleclaimed first and it would be pretty fucking dumb of us if we were scum to link ourselves together like that, for any reason.

I don't have time right now, but I'll go through again this evening and read everything over properly. For now though, I'm satisfied enough with FD's post to unlynch Firedemon for the time being, as I think we now have better leads.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
I'm not a fan of the Danny and Andy lynches being suggested by @Anatronman and @Firedemon.
I'm not a fan of the Danny lynches being suggested by @Firedemon.
Except that's actually the complete opposite of what Firedemon said. You basically took Firedemon saying, eh Danny is a bit sus but he just looks like a nervous townie, and I can think of characters the relationship he has described would relate to, and completely misrepresented it to throw attention back at Firedemon.

I mean, this on it's own:
Firedemon is still a good lynch pick, and I have been admiring the growth of that bandwagon even as the Shizno train has continued to be ignored.
Is pretty scummy, particularly just as Firedemon has shown up and made some really good points. Even if you ignore everything defending me, he's basically pointed out to town that two mason groups are really fishy; and is not something to be taken at face value.

I'm not going to say that Anatronman looks clean, and FD's point that two masons are unlikely and is exactly why I should be mistrustful of Andy/Cyon, but yesterday I was already thinking Walrus, because of his vendetta against Shizno. Nobody has really directly targeted Shizno, because there isn't a whole lot to go on, likewise, all the people who I think are Townies backed off FD once he made some compelling arguments, because we can get more information this way, even if it turns out he is scum, everyone that is, except you Walrus.

And that has to make me wonder, what is it that you're seeing that the rest of us don't?
The only thing I can think is that you're not thinking like a Townie because you're not one.

Lynch Walrus.

It was really good sounding bullshit.
All I'm going to say is it was not all bullshit; he got at least one thing exactly correct, that's what I was referring to when I said he was right on the money.
But I can't actually say more than that without breaking rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walrus

Sorry for not being more clear Danny. I definitely agree that Firedemon was not trying to lynch you. Rather, I would say he was defending you in a rather clear fashion. I was using parallel structure in not the clearest of ways there, and your selective editing out of the "Andy" and "Anatronman" parts of my post misrepresent my point. To rephrase for clarity -

I'm not a fan of the Danny and Andy lynches being suggested by @Anatronman and @Firedemon, respectively.
In other words,

I'm not a fan of the Danny lynch being suggested by @Anatronman, nor the Andyman lynch being suggested by @Firedemon. Better?

The main point of my "not a fan" post there is that today I will not be joining any bandwagon against you or Andyman.

Walrus

As for whether lynching Andyman today is a good idea or not, you, Danny, should understand why it isn't more than anyone. Think back to your own earlier experience, when you were freaking out about your own demise and how horrible it would be for the town. All of that logic you used to defend yourself is the logic why lynching Andyman would be an identically bad idea. Firedemon suggested this move I see as a bad idea. Therefore, I haven't cleared him.

Walrus

So you're siding with the town claimers because you think confirmed town will save you from the bandwagon on you that's still as strong an option as any
If you’re insistent on using my disinterest in lynching one of the Day 1 roleclaimers to build a case against me, then feel free to pursue that train of thought to your heart’s content.

Anatronman

I don't see any of your plays as disinterest. I see you targeting people that view the unconfirmed quadruple Day I Town claim with a grain of salt, and the best reason for you to do that is to throw suspicion off yourself, not to provide any information for Town at all.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Honestly, it strikes me that giving the scum an obvious night target wouldn't be such a bad idea, assuming we have somebody on our side who can protect them. (Which, we probably do.) Thing is, Danny's claim is pretty believable - enough so that I'd rather agree with Anatron and Lynch Walrus here.
It seems like such a bad idea either way. It seems to me the safest move is to lynch Andy, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he just claimed for no reason just to make me facepalm.
We're talking about the guy who roleclaimed SK while playing the SK, and on the last day - when there were only three Townies and no Mafia left in the game. Remember?

Top Bottom