Active Jeroth RWBY Mafia [Day 3]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I wonder if we have an SK or a Vigi.
Question of the Day, right here. Understanding both light and dark helps us manifest our Aura, so analyzing both Night and Day actions helps us lynch scum. QED.

Let's theorize on last Night:

The SK Theory:
Yeah, but who? Riyant's done an SK-that-hides-victim-roles thing* before, but RWBY doesn't exactly lend itself well to this possibility. Torchwick, for all his style, was clearly a subordinate of Cinder's, and the White Fang's her staunch ally at the least (and also not possessing any characters interesting enough to make the final cut of this game, with the number of available roles being as small as it is). Besides, whoever killed a Mafia member last night clearly didn't have any kind of role-hiding ability.

We can't rely on flavor a whole lot, if at all, but I'm down to generally assume that it has some merit. We know there's a Team RWBY, and although it's now impossible to sorta-confirm without lynching Dachande, it seems like we also started off with all four of JNPR. That leaves just three spots for non-Townies; as we can now be somewhat more confident that three of the Town were off-the-bat revealed to other Townies, and knowing that Town at least had a Cop role in addition to this, it'd seem really unfair to pit us against just two Mafia, give at least one of them a sorta weak power ability to work with, and make them deal with fighting us and battling an SK at the same time.

*Though whatever killed Anatron last night, of course, was clearly not an SK-that-hides-victim-roles. I'd say it's by far most likely that this is a Mafia trait; either on Cinder, who can right-up disintegrate people, or on Mercury, as would be implied by the "battered and bruised beyond recognition" line.

The Vig Theory:
Okay, so, there are a couple of good candidates for this position between RWBY and JNPR.

- Ruby's done the most independent villain-thwarting of them in the series so far, but lore-wise, that's kind of a weak possibility, because she's always getting wrecked by the non-mook villains in solo fights. She's got a lot of heart and a really inventive mind for battle strats; that's what makes her special.

- Yang, who's Team RWBY's strongest in 1v1, and can even take on top-tier legendary assassin slayer/top-tier legendary assassin Mercury, makes a lot more sense. She could be a Vig. Her semblance is what makes her special, though, and she's gotta take damage to activate it. She'd make a much better Bomb than Vig, imo, but that's admittedly kinda nit-picky. A Yang vig is totally within reason, as a possibility.

- Pyrrha, who can flawlessly 1v4 entire teams of other students, is at least as heroic as the others, and is the strongest of them by far. She's not nearly as quick to violence or as generally reckless as Yang, though, and so arguably also the less Vigilante-like personality of the two.

So at this point, you may be wondering: Why the heck did I just talk about RWBY characters in this section, instead of game mechanics and motives, when even I've already noted the highly questionable nature of its reliability and relevance? And the answer to that, basically, is Pyrrha. Danny's claim regarding Dachande made perfect sense for the Pyrrha role, but not a whole lot of sense for it being all of that role. That'd be weird. For a Mason pair to have no other abilities makes sense, because any other powers they can use become so much more powerful under their control, simply for the fact that they can coordinate their uses. (See: OPM Mafia, where the scum figured out that even one member's ability that did literally nothing but handicap the user could be wielded to their advantage.) For a one-sided reveal role to have no other value, in a theme game like this, is a lot less... expected.

Danny never claimed to have any additional abilities to his role; he threw out the knowing-Dachande's-alignment thing like it was no big deal, but remained conspicuously silent on whether there was more that he could do, even while under pressure and despite expecting a strong likelihood of his getting lynched or killed off. Maybe there just wasn't any more, and he also didn't notice the part where I'd brought it up. That's possible. Also possible: Danny was a slightly buffed-up Vig Pyrrha, figured that claiming the Dachande link early on would protect him from lynching (cause that'd help establish him with at least one of the Town), and from nightkilling (cause he wasn't expecting the role-hiding ability, and figured Mafia would avoid killing somebody that'd just end up confirming another Townie with the reveal). That he was clearly suspicious of Anatron at the end of Day 1 adds some credence to this possibility; that he also claimed to have suddenly realized, later on, that he'd screwed up big time, and was a terrible Townie, takes some credence away. But he also (effectively) claimed that, despite the lack of overall merit in the last time I did a spiel of flavor-based what-ifs like this, at least one of the shots at drawing character connections was spot-on in his case - meaning, his role must have included knowledge that he and Dachande made up one of the potential pairings I'd come up with, of which J/P is easily the best fit for his one-way thing.

Anyway, the point I'm making here is: There's a reasonably good chance that we had a Vig, but he's dead now. That's how it seems to me right now, anyway.

The CRAZY STUFF Theory of Night 1 Deaths:
Also, could be that Danny's role had a Doc ability, because shield and magnetism powers; if so, however I'd expect him to have used it on himself last night. Dude was pretty paranoid. It could also be that he was a Pyrrha with a Redirect ability, because magnetism powers; if so, it probably had no bearing on last night's death toll. He'd totally have been down to redirect Anatron's kill to himself, but a Vig who had a "bodies are beaten beyond recognition" kind of caveat, (and a Yang Vig would totally fit into that kind of role), wouldn't have gone for Danny, who would only made a somewhat decent Vig target for investigative purposes. Scum probably did that.

Also, it could be that Danny's role had a Bus Driver ability, and switched himself with Anatron last night. So then a Yang Vig targeted Anatron and killed Danny, while Anatron or his partners targeted Danny and killed Anatron.

Also, it could be that Yang is a Bomb, and Danny targeting her led to Danny getting brutally beaten to death, and then someone else screwed with Anatron.

There are honestly a lot of potential explanations that could remain valid, at least from where I'm sitting, without anyone else volunteering more info.

In a way, this is all really more of a call for contributions than it is a contribution itself. I have no relevant Night info to add, myself. Sure, it could be that I'm just fishing for roleclaims so I can pick out some solid nightkill targets, which is why I'm just sitting here speculating on game roles instead of calling out suspects, but... here's the thing:

Dunsparce? His Anatron-hunting was pretty legit. Could be just a scum-play, sure, but that's hardly ever not a realistic possibility. In this case, it'd also have been a well-executed one; he was neither particularly reluctant nor particularly eager to get onto the lynch. He was neither unusually confident nor unusually hesitant about arguing in favor of it. Neither my gut nor my logic have found anything particularly suspicious about his behavior. I do not at this time consider him to be one of the better candidates in our lynch pool.

Firedemon? Effectively a 'safe' random lynch. He claimed he was busy, and also acted like he was busy. This has been the sum of his distinction so far, as I read it. That, and a bit of nagging concern that he seems like he's not really trying to help, just trying to appear that he's trying to help.

13th? Also a random lynch, also a relatively 'safe' one given that he doesn't seem like he's likely to end up helping out much anyway. Which is fine, I guess - but with all that's happened, can we still not do any better than random guesses for the lynching?

Shizno?

Well... Shizno actually seems kinda suspicious to me. Can't exactly point to why, though. Kinda the same sort of of feeling as with Firedemon, but a lot more so.

___​

So...

Thoughts?

AndyM03

Yeah I'd have to agree that Dunsparce is probably not scum.
Definitely lean more on shzino then I do Firedemon so more agreeance there.
The only thing I can add is conviction, and so
Lynch Shizno

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Dunsparce - 1 (Shizno)
Firedemon - 1 (Dunsparce)
Shizno - 1 (Andy)

Votes Remaining: 5 (Cyonica, 13th, Daschande, Easy, Firedemon)

5 to Lynch

Cyonica

I agree with the Shizno lynch, just because I've been more suspicious of him throughout this game than i have anyone else. He did also mention suspicion about Anatronman yesterday, saying one of his posts seemed forced, but didn't go after him to the extent that Dunsparce did and he didn't press the issue. Could have just been trying to point it out before anyone else did, so it doesn't clear him for me. I'm also still suspicious of FD, but I'm interested to know the 'reasons' he alluded to earlier.

Lynch Shizno

Cyonica

As for the role theories, I don't know if we have a vigi or an SK but I'd be quite confident that scum killed Danny and someone else killed Anatronman. I can't speculate too much on roles as i'm still quite new to Mafia, but if the roles are visible to scum but not us after a kill, then if Danny had any other aspects to his role, scum are the only ones who know and therefore could pretend they have that role instead. That's all I've got though on that front.

Dachande

Fresh Meat
What an eventful night. I've distracted lately which is why I've not been posting. So I've come back to like 5 pages to read these through. I'm going to wait a little while before choosing a lynch I need some reading.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I can't speculate too much on roles as i'm still quite new to Mafia, but if the roles are visible to scum but not us after a kill, then if Danny had any other aspects to his role, scum are the only ones who know and therefore could pretend they have that role instead.
Usually, scum have to find tout from the death announcement, just like everyone else.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Alright, I ain't got forever.

Lynch Shizno.

Dunsparce

Welp, I guess I'll Unlynch Firedemon and Lynch Shizno. I was slightly more suspicious of FD, but if I'm in the minority opinion, then whatever.

It's possible that Shizno knows that FD is town and is trying to make himself look better if he gets lynched, or they're scumbuddies and trying to take heat off of each other. I find it much harder to believe that they're both town players who sincerely believe that neither of them could be scum.

Firedemon

I find it much harder to believe that they're both town players who sincerely believe that neither of them could be scum.
Kinda busy, will post TOMORROW FOR SURE YOU CAN CALL ME ON IT IF I DON'T, but I'm just going to address this by saying that this is demonstrably not the case.

I'm feeling the shizno FoS for... Reasons. I'm not feeling the prior advocated investigative Andy lynch for... Similar reasons. Might say more about this soonish.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh? Alright, then. Dunno if there's been a hammer already, but I don't wanna check up on that, so...

Unlynch Shizno.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Dunsparce - 1 (Shizno)
Shizno - 3 (Andy, Cyonica, Dunsparce)

Votes Remaining: 4 (13th, Daschande, Easy, Firedemon)

5 to Lynch

Firedemon

I'm feeling the shizno FoS for... Reasons. I'm not feeling the prior advocated investigative Andy lynch for... Similar reasons. Might say more about this soonish.
First off, I have decided I will not be talking about these reasons.

Wuh? Butt-friction between mafia members isn't unheard of, even if it's all just to make themselves seem more divisive and antagonistic.I wouldn't quite say such things put you in a good light. And even Easy is like the best mafia player here or something so I'm always cautious to say whether or not he's even town as he could pretty much play us all.

Turns out if you're aiming for inactives it only makes sense that the players active won't be on that list. Great job still trying to make connections where there are none. I'm still fairly certain that Firedemon is townie at this point and right now the best option for a lynch would be Dunsparce, who everyone seems to find scummy. Or from what I understand they do.

Lynch Dunsparce
I'm not opposed to a Dunsparce lynch, but it's not something I have a particular interest in. This is how I feel about the Shizno lynch as well at the moment.

Hm... You guys have really said jack shit today in my opinion. I will therefore return momentarily after reviewing yesterday some more.

Firedemon

Unlynch 13th

Calling a vanilla post like that "bloodthirsty" is, in and of itself, bloodthirsty.

We're still in the Day 1 shitposting part of the game. If he continues to do it into Day 2, you might be justified, but there's no reason to think he's scum right now.

Lynching someone for no reason sounds pretty fucking scummy to me, but I'll overlook it since we're still in the aforementioned shitposting phase, and you're still pretty new to this.

Right now I'm thinking we either lynch Andy or Danny. Hmm... Dandy.

I'm leaning more towards Danny, because Andy at least had reason to suspect Easy. Lynching someone because they suck at the game isn't a good reason.

Lynch Danny
This came, in my opinion (and apparently Dunsparce's opinion) in the shitposting phase. In fact, I would argue this brought us out of the shitposting phase. This struck me as an oddly sorry-not-sorry, aggressive-not-aggressive kind of post. It seems to assign meaning to shitposts while also discarding other shitposts as shitposts. Rubs me the wrong way, but I'm not sure what to really think of this.

Oh! That sounds rather familiar, so heya there~

But on the topic of Walrus, I'm conflicted. On one hand he really is just doing what people default to at the moment so I can't blame him. But that is just an excuse he could use for scummy behavior. Not gonna lynch just yet because we don't want someone to swoop in and hammer just yet, but so far it seems to be between Walrus and Danny
Walrus was on 4/6 here if I remember correctly, pre-Andy/Cyonica-claim and pre-FD-bandwagon, for context. Seems to be speculating about shitposting as a guise for scummy behavior, which is just as silly as Dunsparce's above post in my opinion.

Well if the argument is that Dach, Cyon, Andy, and possibly Danny are confirmed, that immediately makes Easy and Dunsparce my top two and FoS Walrus for trying to lead a bandwagon while there are confirmed Townies.
This shines a very good light on Easy and Dunsparce, in my opinion. This basically establishes how I feel right now and reinforces the approach I was taking in the beginning of this day; process of elimination. I'm reasonably confident that Andy and Cyonica are actually masons. For reasons. I think we're all pretty 100% on Dach being town, due to Danny's death. Anatron did go for Easy and Dunsparce. That leaves myself, Shizno, and 13th. I know I'm town. So in my mind, Shizno and 13th are both solid lynches. Of course, Anatron COULD have been trying to take swings at his scum buddy(s) to make us less suspicious in the event of his or their untimely demise. But I also can't help but feel that he wouldn't have been setting that up day 1 without any pressure on himself, Easy, or Dunsparce. I'm not expecting that level of planning ahead, basically.

I feel 13th is a slightly better lynch than Shizno though, for one specific reason. We have no expectations of getting any information out of 13th any time soon, since he's been so inactive (for very good reasons). Unless 13th can definitively say he'll be back soonish, or someone replaces him, I actually feel the 13th lynch is better. In my mind, he is just as likely to flip scum as Shizno but Shizno is actually talking and providing us some form of information. So, I'm gonna drop this Lynch 13th in the hopes that you'll join me. If you guys really don't like that idea, I'm also good with the Shizno lynch.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Pretty sure FD is scum now, still reckon we kill Shizno first though.
That basically sums up what I was thinking, weirdly enough.

Anyway, Lynch Shizno.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Dunsparce - 1 (Shizno)
Shizno - 4 (Andy, Cyonica, Dunsparce, Easy)
13th - 1 (Firedemon)

Votes Remaining: 2 (13th, Daschande)

5 to Lynch

Top Bottom