Ended Jeroth's Evolution Mafia [Town Win]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Mafia Rulebook: See below
Phase Time

Without a hammer, day phases will be ended 24 hours after the most recent post of substance is made.

• "Post of substance" is a term to be interpreted at my (probably generous) discretion, but cannot be expected to include posts that are strictly comedic or otherwise non-sequitur.
Night phases will have a maximum duration of 36 hours. I will not necessarily get on your case about submitting an action during this time; any failure to send in an action by the 36-hour mark will result in a no-action for that player.

"Twilight" phases will be treated as day phases for the purpose of conversation up until 72 hours after the start of that day phase. Otherwise, they will be treated as night phases.

Roleclaiming
As usual, role PM's may not be quoted. Less usually, they also may not be paraphrased. Very general summations like "doctor," "vig" etc. will be permitted.

Each player will be assigned a “Character” role. Character names may also not be roleclaimed.

Talk

Day-talk is unrestricted, barring specifically mentioned exceptions.

Night-talk is allowed, provided that:
  • No player makes two consecutive posts at any time during the night, and
  • Any post made during night phase is limited to 20 words or less in length. Images, GIF's, videos or other media containing more than 20 words of substance will be treated according to transcript.
Talking about the game to any forumers outside of specifically approved channels is always and absolutely disallowed.

Dead Chat

Unless otherwise specified, dead chat is allowed only provided that:

• Dead chat takes place within the chat specifically created by the GM for such purpose, or individually with said GM, and
  • Dead chat does not contain any content likely to influence the future course of the game, either directly or by unintended leakage.
Post Edits

Editing your own posts is allowed at any time. If you wanna risk getting called out on an edit, so be it.

Editing another player's posts is in no way allowed, ever. If you wanna risk me modkilling and/or blacklisting the shit out of you, so be it.

This is a role madness game and a variant of my own design that I want to try.

To briefly address what this means:

There are no roles to start out with. You are only in a faction.

Every player will have the capability to evolve in a specific way: Offensively, Defensively or Intellect.

Ideally, no one player will be the same. A player that evolves into offense then defense will not be the same as a player that evolved defense into offense.

Warning: This game will not be balanced due to the player's choice.

With that in mind, if you're interested - feel free to sign up and please try to stay active. Mafia has been dying and I'm hoping this may spark some interest.

Players: 4/8
Firedemon
Andy
Anatronman
Tirin

Dead: 4/8
Dunsparce - Hivemind
Tag Ross - Hivemind
Thunderclaw - Hivemind
Ro - Anomaly

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'll give this a try 'cause I've been off the maf for a while, but don't expect me to be super active. School's startin' up and shit.

Ro Ro Ro

Yeah, I'll join. This is a pretty cool looking variant, and I know that I am able to be active.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I think I'll start this up on Friday, September 16th.

Everyone, feel free to sign up.

If we don't get enough, I'm mulling over making this even more of a bizarre game.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I think I'll start this up on Friday, September 16th.
Sending out the role PM's now. As far as the faction divides:

There are seven in the hivemind and one anomaly.

We will be starting in the day phase. Everyone will choose one trait before the game starts in a PM.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Day 1 Start:

5 to lynch.

The day phase will end at Tuesday, September 20th 2:00 PM, unless significant progression has been made.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Lynch TC.

Why? 'cause this way I've got a one in seven chance of killing the anomalous individual. How 'bout that shit?

Ro Ro Ro

Alright, sorry Tirin, but because there's only one post to go on right now, I already have two issues with your post. First, is that you felt the need to explain your lynch when we have nothing to go on. No shit that as long as you are not the anomaly, you have a 1 in 7 to lynch it. That's most of what day 1 is. A roll of the dice. But yeah, giving a reason in this particular situation just seems like you're worried about protecting your own ass too much.

The second reason is the player you chose to lynch. It is a safe lynch for you to make. Lynching TC is always a safe bet. Not only will Firedemon follow up on the lynch with a 100% guarantee, but TC is a punching bag of self deprecating humour. Noone will think anything of it, because everyone knows TC will take it. You're protecting your ass again by lynching a player who won't react in a unexpected way.

That said, I'm not lynching yet. To keep town alive, I'd rather keep the veteran players around, and in the end, you likely just made the post to get the ball rolling.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Alright, sorry Tirin, but because there's only one post to go on right now, I already have two issues with your post. First, is that you felt the need to explain your lynch when we have nothing to go on. No shit that as long as you are not the anomaly, you have a 1 in 7 to lynch it. That's most of what day 1 is. A roll of the dice. But yeah, giving a reason in this particular situation just seems like you're worried about protecting your own ass too much.

The second reason is the player you chose to lynch. It is a safe lynch for you to make. Lynching TC is always a safe bet. Not only will Firedemon follow up on the lynch with a 100% guarantee, but TC is a punching bag of self deprecating humour. Noone will think anything of it, because everyone knows TC will take it. You're protecting your ass again by lynching a player who won't react in a unexpected way.

That said, I'm not lynching yet. To keep town alive, I'd rather keep the veteran players around, and in the end, you likely just made the post to get the ball rolling.
Looks like you're a lot bigger into protectin' your ass, since you drafted some overanalyzed post throwing suspicion on me just to go "but, uh, could've been legit, I'm all for vets not being lynched on day 1". Truth is, Dunsparce is the least experienced person here, and he's not what I'd call new to mafia; a "vet" lynch is guaranteed here, unless by vet you were referring to the skill level of whoever's lynched.

In any case, your read on TC is wrong, 'cause he's been known to play mafia like some total loose cannon psycho cop who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing, as was the case when he was Squanchy in Rick and Morty mafia. I doubt he'd roll over and die just for the memes, and if he would then fuck him, he's an anomaly in that regard.

Top Bottom