Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

AndyM03

And I'll point out I was mad for the reasons I said in my posts, not cause Tirin guessed my role immediately because tbh I thought that was funny as fuck.
Also my Win condition didn't say "be the last one alive" so when I claimed townie day 1 I legitimately didn't know how anti town I was. My game plan was 100% what I projected onto Tirin, I was attempting to play a townie and was hoping we'd make mistakes but Easy and Tirin are too dang good.
Shoutout to Tirin for prolonging the game near the end by trying to lynch Easy cause I had literally nothing to work with and was busy preparing my funeral.

Requiem

And just to say it, I said that the day 1 meta discussion was just bickering townies so that we could move on and not use out of game things as basis for in game things. It wasn't meant to be a mafia throwing people off my scent thing but a legitimate "let's move on, day 1 was ass, quit bringing it up" move. It was all about just getting into the actual game and helping to drop the meta stuff that didn't have a place in the discussion.

Then Andy ends up being SK, so I'm technically wrong, lol.

AndyM03

Well this time I played like an SK from the get go, but I wasn't sure if I was fully an SK, regarding the game ending. I don't really know how evil Junkrst is but I thought it'd be funny if there was a townie character who cared more about his stats then the game, that would be fuckin flavour.
My two win conditions, highest kill count, and surviving, lead me to believe I could win with other townies existing. I think it'd be hard not to have the highest kill count if you're the last person alive, but later I guess that gave me a possibility of winning even in death.

AndyM03

In my posts defending myself as Genji I apologised to Jeroth for not being aggressive enough but actually I was apologising for not being an aggressive enough SK haha, I'm surprised I wasn't targeted as much as I thought I would be after day 1.

I almost claimed Pharah, which would have gone a lot better for me (both my characters would then use explosives) but ambiguity on Tirins role lead me to grit my teeth and choose Genji, even though I knew that would look worse.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Anyways, it legitimately seemed to me that Coolpool wasn't going to get lynched (and believe me, I was so fucking furious he gave up and then simply disappointed in him to the point that I wanted him dead the rest of day 2), so I switched over to Dunsparce to at least get the day moving so we didn't have a marathon day. That failed, we ended up having a marathon day anyways, I ended up looking scummy because coming up with multiple lies over the course of a week is frustratingly annoying to keep track of. The longer the day went, the more angry and frustrated I got. Me lynching myself was me being done with the game, mostly because of Coolpool. I couldn't explain that though because there's no way to explain that without looking scummy. Being mad at Coolpool for giving up is one thing, being done with the game completely because of the unprecedented fuckery that was Coolpool giving up is another entirely. Tirin being "mean" had nothing to do with it besides a passing annoyance I have with how annoyingly competitive he is, but I've come to accept that by now. So again, not Tirin or Easy, all Coolpool, plus major fatigue and trying to keep up with multiple different lies.
Yeah, I can empathize with you mate. I appreciate you putting in the effort and putting up the good ol' college try.

Oh and of course Andy was the fucking Aussie pyro. Typical, <3
I found it hilarious that Tirin got Hanzo and Coolpool got Widowmaker, given the former's adoration of the character and the latter's obsession with spiders. Also Easy getting Zenyatta was another hilarious coincidence.

Also my Win condition didn't say "be the last one alive" so when I claimed townie day 1 I legitimately didn't know how anti town I was. My game plan was 100% what I projected onto Tirin, I was attempting to play a townie and was hoping we'd make mistakes but Easy and Tirin are too dang good.
Yeah, originally, I considered having him be a survivor character, but with Coolpool's retirement; I wanted to keep the game up a bit longer. He was a weird blend.

I don't really know how evil Junkrst is but I thought it'd be funny if there was a townie character who cared more about his stats then the game, that would be fuckin flavour.
I wish I was that clever.

In my posts defending myself as Genji I apologised to Jeroth for not being aggressive enough but actually I was apologising for not being an aggressive enough SK haha, I'm surprised I wasn't targeted as much as I thought I would be after day 1.
It's all good, m8. You weren't the issue in the game and you made sick plays by avoiding @Easy 's balls. You would have died so fast. He charged them up for a while.

. . .

Issues aside, I do hope that everyone enjoyed themselves with this game. While some of the concepts and wording were incredibly vague, I have to say: I had a ton of fun watching people try to figure out roles, such as whether there was a Sombra involved and they speculated really neat ideas for abilities like stealing other abilities, hacking health packs, redirects.

I know the first day will probably go down infamously in mafia history for being one of the most tense, and emotionally draining days, but in the same vein, I saw wonderful theory crafting and great scum hunting.

I look forward to @Colonel Thunder 's game of poop mafia!

Firedemon

So I feel you guys need a proper explanation of my absence and... Things. So first, I'm graduating this semester and between this god damn seminar course and multiple big things I was doing for my research, all of the shit just suddenly hit the fan for me. Day 3 finally hit and I was basically free (my brief return on day 2 was an "I have time now, no wait, I'm in Lubbock at a conference now, fuck, oh god what is all this shit I'm doing now") and I basically said "god damn, this will take a week anyways an extra day or two won't matter." Then you guys rushed through day 3. So Day 4 starts and Tirin starts throwing around this "FD is Zen and silenced" theory. I was somewhat intrigued and needed to catch up still anyways so I stayed silent to watch it play out a little. Then you guys started deciding to lynch me and I basically realized that your seeing that I'm Tracer was probably more valuable than anything I could possibly have brought to the table and I was sure the town was going to need to mislynch several times to be in danger. So, I opted to let you kill me and adjust your theories accordingly. I probably couldn't have talked you out of it anyways.

tl;dr I did not realize how badly and how long my shit was going to get rekt IRL and I'm bad and should feel bad. I apologize for my failure in this regard, because my absence definitely negatively impacted the game. Feels extra bad because I kinda did this last game, but I got night killed immediately and would have participated much more day 2 had I not.

Requiem

It's all good man, you made the right choice in the end.

Tracer was a fucking powerful role though, serious.

Anatronman

Back before I knew what Agents of Talon were I drew up a list of characters I would definitely include in a 9 player game. Ultimately, it had all the anti-Town characters in it, but it didn't include 76 so I scrapped it. I think it could have narrowed down Tracer to FD or Andy though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
It's all good, m8. You weren't the issue in the game and you made sick plays by avoiding @Easy 's balls. You would have died so fast. He charged them up for a while.
If I hadn't thought he was probably Sombra, because of alleged bus driver shenanigans (seriously, did Anatron actually target Req and then just forget it, like I did with Discording Andy?) and healing mismatch shenanigans (goddammit, Riyant, that shit almost got me killed), I'd have totally charged them another night too. But a Sombra ult would have probably resulted in my immediate and total demise, so it was hella important that I made sure he didn't get to use it and survive the night. That'd mean he actually managed to beat my Zen game, and I can't be having that.
Then you guys started deciding to lynch me and I basically realized that your seeing that I'm Tracer was probably more valuable than anything I could possibly have brought to the table and I was sure the town was going to need to mislynch several times to be in danger. So, I opted to let you kill me and adjust your theories accordingly. I probably couldn't have talked you out of it anyways.
Ironically, the very act of speaking up would likely have precluded that possibility, cause it would have outright forced Tirin to finally give up on the Sombra Silencer theory and unless you claimed healing on him, he'd have also had to acknowledge the mismatched numbers were a fluke and I was actually his Zen.*

(Which is also probably pretty true in a meta sense, not that he'd admit it.)

Anatronman

My PM definitely says to target FD. I think the redirect might have been a mistake.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Also yeah, the Pro-Town player who cared about his own stats more than about winning would have been great.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Also Easy getting Zenyatta was another hilarious coincidence.
There's a joke there about Easy's balls, but the comedy is not strong in me right now.
Even in forum Mafia Day phases, sowing Discord everywhere and being ballsy as fuck was my fighting style of choice.
My only success is failure.
Damn shame missing out on those big czhech'in balls.
(That's seriously not funny.)

Top Bottom