Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

AndyM03

inb4 Easy is actually jester-Junkrat and Andy is Roadhog, and pissed 'cause of it.
it's like you took legitimate offence at being analysed as less aggressive then usual last game. I'm just as curious as anyone about Easy's role but if you're gonna be an asshole all game i'm happy for you to die mate.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
By the way - even though this was the archetypal "look at me, I'm totally not scum guys" move that TC pulled last (real) game: @Requiem @Firedemon @Colonel Thunder @coolpool2 @Dunsparce 'how about you guys get off your asses, the first two in particular?
Unlynch Tirin.

Le sigh.

The plan was to kick up a whole bunch of fuss, and see who tried to just quietly coast through it (because it's a really small game, and I could almost guarantee that at least one of the scum would play that strat).

Of course, for that to work would require that I didn't try explaining it. Ideally, there'd even be one or two other people on my team who could either come up with the same idea, or guess at what I was doing and try to play along - but all it really needed was for as much time as possible to go by before somebody inevitably went and woke up the sleepers.

Oh, well. Almost an entire day isn't too bad. FoS Req.

Anatronman

I don't much see the logic in lynching someone for being a jester type role. Best case, he wins, worst case, you die.

It's not the first time I've seen a play like this from Easy, although this was a good deal sloppier and involved a soft claim. All in all does't increase the probability of him being Town at all in my eyes.

Tirin is at least playing consistently, which gives off a Town feel in a pretty wild opening Day. Mild suspicion goes to Coolpool and Dunsparce for groupthink and unreasoned arguments.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
it's like you took legitimate offence at being analysed as less aggressive then usual last game. I'm just as curious as anyone about Easy's role but if you're gonna be an asshole all game i'm happy for you to die mate.
Yeah, being offended sure is a good reason to lynch somebody in a team-based game. It's great to just totally ignore all of that person's valid points in favor of calling them a dick, too; not lazy in the slightest.

I don't like your plan, Easy, but it at least has... some precedent. I guess. Whatever. Either way, you're being more useful than Andy over here, who apparently can't be bothered to defend himself in a fashion beyond shit-talk and crocodile tears. Unlynch; Lynch Andy.

AndyM03

It's not the first time I've seen a play like this from Easy, although this was a good deal sloppier and involved a soft claim. All in all does't increase the probability of him being Town at all in my eyes.
I agree with this. Well, except for the fact that it's the first time i've seen something like that, at least from what I can remember.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I don't like your plan, Easy, but it at least has... some precedent. I guess. Whatever.
Hey, it's not like I planned that all along. First couple of posts were just a way to get conversation started without making the usual poor saps reluctantly resign themselves to taking the fall for it, or start up a shit storm over some old-joke meme lynch. Since it spiraled way beyond my initial expectations in approximately no time flat, though, only thing to do became to double down and work it for the meta hunt.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh. Also, I didn't soft claim anything except that I'm important for the Town. This is role madness. We all have power roles. Any and every Townie can be legitimately important for the Town, (to a much greater level than usual).

Anatronman

Oh. Also, I didn't soft claim anything except that I'm important for the Town.
Do I actually, in fact, have an important role?

Yes, I absolutely do. In fact, not only should you all not Lynch Easy, but in addition to that the Doc should heal Easy, the Mercy should preemptively get set to posthumously rezz Easy, the Bus Driver should drive Easy, and the Vig should probably just not kill anybody in case he accidentally targets Easy due to bus driving or witchcraft or some other assorted combination of shenanigans. Which is not to say that Easy isn't the Vig - just that in the hypothetical scenario where Easy is super Vig DPS mode compared to everybody else's paltry silver/bronze/no damage medal floundering, Easy would seriously reconsider whether to go ahead and try to execute anybody at all, lest Easy gets somehow manipulated into suiciding himself a la Tirin and deprives the Town of his other, even more important functions.
Beyond the two solid claims related directly to your role there, you also ask the entire Town to blow their resources.

AndyM03

While I think Easy was exaggerating, suggesting that our Vig doesn't kill anyone is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty bad.

Firedemon

By the way - even though this was the archetypal "look at me, I'm totally not scum guys" move that TC pulled last (real) game: @Requiem @Firedemon @Colonel Thunder @coolpool2 @Dunsparce 'how about you guys get off your asses, the first two in particular?
... My last post was four hours before this.

Not basing this on that specific post, but am I the only one who thinks Tirin is going full on aggressive here? Like, beyond normal Tirin aggression. Like some really shitty Reaper that keeps trying to just teleport into the enemy team's face. That kind of aggression.

Anatronman

Tirin seems pretty normal to me. What's strange is Andy liking Easy's post and then casting suspicion on him 8 minutes later.

EDIT: It was an hour, my time stamps are all fucked

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind

Not basing this on that specific post, but am I the only one who thinks Tirin is going full on aggressive here? Like, beyond normal Tirin aggression. Like some really shitty Reaper that keeps trying to just teleport into the enemy team's face. That kind of aggression.
I think what you mean is "your only post", which unsurprisingly was your self-critically-acclaimed day one lynch on TC. I want something valuable, not meme-tier bullshit that doesn't encourage discussion and doesn't even fucking mean anything. Get off your high horse, 'cause you're playing like a man who got hit by an Ana dart and I'm actually contributing.

AndyM03

Totally agree, this might be the last mafia I play if Tirin doesn't fuck off.

Firedemon

My post was clearly during the meme phase and you've made no defense for my accusation of excessive aggression.

I mean, I wasn't saying that was scummy per se, so I guess I don't actually expect a defense, but I guess I should have known that would be met with the aggression of a bronze Reinhardt that doesn't know when to not charge.

AndyM03

Tirin seems pretty normal to me. What's strange is Andy liking Easy's post and then casting suspicion on him 8 minutes later.

EDIT: It was an hour, my time stamps are all fucked
Nah not your bad, it does look pretty funny.
I liked it because I liked his reminding that all town roles are important in role madness.
I however after reading your post, which featured a convenient quote, noticed him telling the vig not the kill people (albeit.. jokingly I guess is the way to put it), which I decided to point out.

Anatronman

I'm going to have to disagree with you guys about Tirin being a dick this game. Everything I've read has been pretty solid scum hunting from him (and absolutely no one else).

Firedemon

I wouldn't say so much that he's being more or less of a dick than normal, just that his aggression is strangely higher in my opinion. I'm not really sure if that's even scummy for him, it just makes me... Suspicious? In a "what the fuck should I think of this?" kind of way. Which is actually similar to how I feel about Easy's... Thing that he did. Though I know Easy has tried to set things up before in a similar vein, so I'm somewhat at ease after his fairly plausible (albeit not necessarily bulletproof) explanation.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I had a feeling Easy was just trying to bait out someone. There's not really any other reason for a person to paint such a big target on them this early into the game. Tirin just seems very proactive to me so far.

AndyM03

At least I've got enough experience to know and play to my victory condition, and I almost always achieve it. You've fucked up the first before - and if you're town, you're fucking it up right now, gut feeling or no.

... and his suggestion of focusing me is borderline retarded as a townie...
inb4 Easy is actually jester-Junkrat and Andy is Roadhog, and pissed 'cause of it.
Before I had even replied to the first quote
Yeah, being offended sure is a good reason to lynch somebody in a team-based game. It's great to just totally ignore all of that person's valid points in favor of calling them a dick, too; not lazy in the slightest.
ignores that I had already lynched him and didn't have any strong opinions written up one way or another but acts aggro regardless.
who apparently can't be bothered to defend himself in a fashion beyond shit-talk and crocodile tears. Unlynch; Lynch Andy.
Just not really funny or necessary really

I want something valuable, not meme-tier bullshit that doesn't encourage discussion and doesn't even fucking mean anything. Get off your high horse, 'cause you're playing like a man who got hit by an Ana dart and I'm actually contributing.
speaks for itself.

The language that's annoyed me has been bolded.
I should be analysing for scum, not for big sticks up someones ass.

Top Bottom