Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Anatronman

Lynch Easy

suck my nutties I do what I want.
Unlynch Easy
Lynch Anatron

Mate can you not follow basic instructions?

if Easy proceeds to do nothing else this day other then say not to be lynched i'll be changing back to him pretty quickly.
You made that a little too easy.

I don't wanna look like a counter lyncher but this rubs me the wrong way. Piling on a second lynch for a jokey reason feels un-Tirin like. That being said you were quick to move to Easy.
As much as I want to kill Easy for bantz i'm gonna go with my gut that Tirin is scum.
Unlynch Anatron,
Lynch Tirin
I don't see any joke lynches from Tirin, your first post is one.

it's like you took legitimate offence at being analysed as less aggressive then usual last game. I'm just as curious as anyone about Easy's role but if you're gonna be an asshole all game i'm happy for you to die mate.
This isn't really analysis and you know that.

Totally agree, this might be the last mafia I play if Tirin doesn't fuck off.
You should probably be backing up your "gut feelings" before you lynch Tirin in your second(EDIT: Third, your second post was lynching me) post then. Those last two quotes aren't even insults.

And the only two posts you didn't quote were in fact meaningful contributions to the game.

At least I've got enough experience to know and play to my victory condition, and I almost always achieve it. You've fucked up the first before - and if you're town, you're fucking it up right now, gut feeling or no.

The fact that you're taking what was clearly a joke lynch as a big deal because it was the second lynch on a person, and then see absolutely no problem with jumping aboard an unfounded lynch on me 'cause Easy's waving his dick around, reeks of hypocrisy and scumminess.

My lynch on Easy was more founded on "fuck you for lynching me, you haven't done shit and are either town who doesn't know shit or scum who does", and his suggestion of focusing me is borderline retarded as a townie, who would almost certainly start the game with no information. You're both scum and/or playing like total ass, even by the minimal standards of day 1.
By the way - even though this was the archetypal "look at me, I'm totally not scum guys" move that TC pulled last (real) game
--

EDIT: To elaborate on why I think lynching Easy doesn't constitute a joke lynch, I'll drop one more quote in.

I'm honestly a bit on the fence with Easy. He's either trying really hard not to die, or trying really hard not to look suspicious.

the reason I'm uncertain is because he'd know that this would make him a target by telling people not to vote him. It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

AndyM03

I wasn't intending to omit Tirin's contributions, rather point out the aggressive language. It's an incredible idea but he can do one without the other. My first two posts are clear jokes, and by insulting you I insulted myself for what I did earlier, it's why I felt comfortable doing it.

I made no assumption as to whether or not Tirin's lynch was a joke or not, rather that the lynch he was agreeing with, for serious or not serious, was a joke lynch.

I haven't claimed to make much analysis, I've just spoken my mind where I can.

Gut feeling is pretty clearly a hard to explain phenomenon, not that it gets me a clear pass but yeah that's all I have to say there really.

AndyM03

I actually disagree with your middle two points.

You did imply his lynch wasn't serious, and you analyzed it.
Good points, lemme read back and clarify, I was just going off your quotes and memory

Yeeeah you're pretty much right on that second point, sorry about that. But you really don't think Tirin's lynch was jokey? his first one I mean?

And furthermore, analysing one post is not me claiming to make much analysis, which I have not really done. I don't like to be a heavy analyser in mafia, I like being a talker, for better or worse.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Beyond the two solid claims related directly to your role there, you also ask the entire Town to blow their resources.
Sorry - what "solid [and/or 'soft'] claims" would those be, and what makes you think that grouping up with me would be a waste of resources? Am I a Rein? A Zarya? A Mercy? A McCree? A Lucio? Orisa? Maybe a Bastion? A Mei? A motherfucking Torbjorn?

None of the above!?

You have no idea, of course - all of the above answers would be equally valid for what you assumed to be a suggestive roleclaim. (C'mon, man. Put some thought into it, and don't just assume the most obvious explanation every time.)
... My last post was four hours before this.

Not basing this on that specific post, but am I the only one who thinks Tirin is going full on aggressive here? Like, beyond normal Tirin aggression. Like some really shitty Reaper that keeps trying to just teleport into the enemy team's face. That kind of aggression.
Nope. If anything, Tirin's been suspiciously restrained this game. The fact that he passed on lynching Anatron, (first potential 'bandwagoner'), until the more justifiable lynch of Andy (first 'opportunist'), presented itself as an option would have almost been legitimately suspicious in and of itself, if we didn't have pretty good reason to believe that Tirin didn't even manage to get a look at the thread until the latter had already become an option.
The "actually contributing" part is somewhat laughable in my opinion as well. I see aggression, I don't see anything particularly meaningful coming of it.
He's gotten you to say more about this in the last few hours than you had in almost the entire first day of game time. He does this as Town: without second thoughts or reservations of any kind, always smack the hornet's nest and see what comes out. (Not necessarily a way of doing things that I'd wholeheartedly endorse, but it has its advantages.) He's also, although it pains me to admit it, smart enough to at least pretend to be doing the same thing as scum.

What pains me even more is to admit that there's been a lot of stuff that's happened since you first looked into this thread, and none of them seem to have motivated you so much as having your name come up on the suspect list that he threw out. That's results, that is.

Anatronman

I'm sure you know that if I started throwing out actual core Town roles that I'd be shooting us all in the foot if you're as important as you claim (emphasis on claim, as obviously you are not claiming to be AN Overwatch Hero, you are claiming to be a top tier carry). I weighted this against the odds of a Godfather (immune to Cop reports) type role, so if you're banking on vagueness you'll get no Townie points from me.

Not that you seem to care for them.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm not even sure you're eligible to give out Townie points in the first place. For one thing, you should already know that this game doesn't function like a typical Mafia game, and it doesn't even function like a typical role madness game. Any of our character roles could hella carry, in theory. I just happen to already have a plan to.

Anatronman

Are you sure you want to walk back your original claim now? The team-spirit vibe doesn't gel very nicely with those first 3 pages.

It seems as if we're divided into two camps, one which sees Easy's play as not particularly Town-oriented and the other which only talks about Tirin's tone. Personally, I feel as if I've said a good deal more than my fair share today (overcompensating for being the reason why Town lost the TouHou game I guess). I'll try not to post again until @Requiem, @Dunsparce, and @Colonel Thunder post their thoughts.

Anatronman

I know I said I wouldn't but
I don't like to be a heavy analyser in mafia, I like being a talker, for better or worse.
you actually posted this to start the bandwagon on me in TouHou.

Yeah I assumed it would be that. The general mafia win condition is pretty much just to speed the game along when victory is assured.

Anyways, Lynch Anatron. TC, you should pester him again.

AndyM03

a) I was mafia
b) I draw the line between being a "talker" and an "analyser" right about between Jeroths post in the Touhou game versus all of mine. You won't be getting game winning walls of text from me anytime soon.

Anatronman

I quoted it because you were Mafia.

I’m going to bed now. Gotta say, after the shit you guys talked about my inactivity last time, 5 of you sure did spend an entire day posting nothing.

AndyM03

I quoted it because you were Mafia.

I’m going to bed now. Gotta say, after the shit you guys talked about my inactivity last time, 5 of you sure did spend an entire day posting nothing.
I don't see you're point then haha sorry, I must be missing something.

Agreed on your second point, poor form lads.

Firedemon

Nope. If anything, Tirin's been suspiciously restrained this game. The fact that he passed on lynching Anatron, (first potential 'bandwagoner'), until the more justifiable lynch of Andy (first 'opportunist'), presented itself as an option would have almost been legitimately suspicious in and of itself, if we didn't have pretty good reason to believe that Tirin didn't even manage to get a look at the thread until the latter had already become an option.
I wouldn't say lynch votes are the only measure of aggression, but compared to the jumping around I think I remember from last game I can agree that's potentially suspicious.

He's gotten you to say more about this in the last few hours than you had in almost the entire first day of game time. He does this as Town: without second thoughts or reservations of any kind, always smack the hornet's nest and see what comes out. (Not necessarily a way of doing things that I'd wholeheartedly endorse, but it has its advantages.) He's also, although it pains me to admit it, smart enough to at least pretend to be doing the same thing as scum.

I was about to argue this, but I've basically only talked about Tirin, so... Fair enough.

What pains me even more is to admit that there's been a lot of stuff that's happened since you first looked into this thread, and none of them seem to have motivated you so much as having your name come up on the suspect list that he threw out. That's results, that is.
I would have posted regardless of that - if you're suggesting that's scummy, that's about the same as Tirin's suggestion last game that lynching TC second was scummy. I'm not watching this thread 24/7, time will elapse between posts and someone may happen to say my name between my initial meme phase post and my playing the game posts. You also defended Tirin with this logic. In the exact same post.

if we didn't have pretty good reason to believe that Tirin didn't even manage to get a look at the thread until the latter had already become an option.

Anatronman

I think I can respond to both those posts nicely before I turn in at 8AM.

Andy, your gut needs to analyze along with its talking if you want your posts to look like anything more than pointing fingers.

And as far as Tirin goes, I was fully aware from the beginning that if I defended anything he said, eventually someone was going to draw a line between two people that agree. Here, I think it’s justified in that several players appear to be disregarding his actual cogent points in favor of focusing on his well documented tendency to lash out.

If I hadn’t done this (and had instead gone to sleep) the narrative that held the Day could very easily have been that Tirin is suspicious for ______ reason and also just look at how angry he is.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Okay guys, I don't think we can fairly make accusations of inactivity within 24 hours of the game starting on a weekday.

I'll read the thread and post something more productive tomorrow. My only notes for now are that I'm disheartened by the hostility in this game so far. Jeroth worked real hard and late on this, we're all excited about the theme, Anatron's finally active again, Coolpool's testing the waters, and the number of players/role madness will probably make this another short game. Let's try our best to be sportsmanlike while we kill each other please.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I was admittedly savage in my approach, I was provoked by Andy and Easy, by Easy's lynching me and jerking himself off, and Andy's quote:

you day 1 lynched someone over a math error lmao I don't mind trusting my gut until more discussion happens.

That's pretty saucy. If you gonna shit-talk somebody, you gotta prepare to be shit-talked back. Besides, most of my "be[ing] an asshole all game" or whatever nonexistent forum crime you'd call those jokes about Australian heritage was mild banter at best. Calm the fuck down.

TC's right, though; we should give newbies a chance to speak their minds without being brutalized. In any case, I'm gonna unlynch Easy for now - but FoS Easy and lynch Andy. I'll be honest, I haven't been ready timestamps prettymuch at all, but trying to discourage me for being proactive by criticizing me saying bad words isn't gonna work. Andy hasn't given any real criticism of my analysis of the game, just my admittedly crude language and implying that he was scum because he was an Australian, which was obviously a joke but apparently struck a nerve with him. I'll fully acknowledge my initial lynch on him was for laughs, but that's why I so readily changed it. However, this and my earlier posts explain why I think Andy may be scum, memes aside.

Easy - I've made plenty of lynches this game, but I'm focused on you. It seems like you're playing to me in a passive-aggressive manner that I wouldn't expect, because you know I'm scumhunting and doing a damn fine job or dangerous scum doing a fine job of faking. What's strange to me, though, is the way that you swap between condemning and defending me with ease, after drawing attention and stating that players should focus on me. I suppose I'm swingy no matter who I am - but people who know (or think) I'm on their side obviously wouldn't target me. What makes you think a guy you'd swear is scumhunting isn't on your side?

Firedemon - I can't believe I'm being called unaggressive, then too aggressive because I'm less aggressive than in the scum game where we had most of a lynch by ourselves and I knew that I had the rhetorical abilities to deflect suspicion from me - which Easy has suggested I possess. But Easy thinks I'm being provocative and restrained at the same time in this game, and mentioned the latter as a "suspicious" trait to compel people against me. Personally, I think I'm leaning a lot more to the provocative side of things, which he at least somewhat recognizes - but I think Andy is more likely to be scum, or a townie who's letting saltiness outpace his common sense.

AndyM03

I was admittedly savage in my approach
I'll ignore the rest of that post and take that as an apology and move on.

A majority of my posts have unfortunately been meta but I'll provide a better defence tomorrow if more lynches are thrown my way.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I think I've more or less said my basic thoughts. But I'll give the thread a re-read later and try to condense it.

Top Bottom