Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Are you sure you want to walk back your original claim now? The team-spirit vibe doesn't gel very nicely with those first 3 pages.
*eye roll*

You act like I'm trying to apologize for something, when really, I'm about two half-steps away from a condescending "you're welcome." I'd think you of all people should be especially appreciative of any efforts to change up our usual, questionably effective, stagnating and worst of all, dully predictable Day 1 routine.

Oh. And so we're clear, I didn't say I'm not sure you've got any Townie points to give because I'm disparaging your Townie game - although the fact that you're calling a scum read on me as usual, but even more so, really is pretty ironically gratifying given that I'm Townie as usual, but even more so. I'm casting doubt on your stock of Townie points because of the way you've been actually pretty reasonable, but only selectively so - to an extent that I'd generally bet on being improbably incompetent for a scum player, since that'd mean it was being done on purpose, but not so improbable that it isn't still pretty scummy. If you hadn't already tripped my scum-sensor so hard with false positives on this kind of shit so many times before, I'd be looking at lynching you pretty hard about now.
I would have posted regardless of that - if you're suggesting that's scummy, that's about the same as Tirin's suggestion last game that lynching TC second was scummy. I'm not watching this thread 24/7, time will elapse between posts and someone may happen to say my name between my initial meme phase post and my playing the game posts. You also defended Tirin with this logic. In the exact same post.
Nope, nope, that's not the same logic at all, because Tirin didn't actively post in the thread or on the forums between Potential Tirin Lynch A and Potential Tirin Lynch B, and those two events took place in too short a time window to have reasonably expected he had the opportunity anyway and simply passed on it. Sure, you could easily and successfully argue that the second point applies to 24-hour windows as well, which is fair, but it takes both points to get a pass and he has them both and so does Req for now, and you two don't.
Okay guys, I don't think we can fairly make accusations of inactivity within 24 hours of the game starting on a weekday.
That's why I haven't lynched Req yet, but you and FD are another story because showing up to drop token participation posts is significantly more suspicious than not showing up at all - to a point, anyway. Props for the sick America joke, but game-wise, its only impact was to show that you were actually paying attention to the thread, and yet did more to simply make yourself seen than to actually impact the flow of gameplay.
Easy - I've made plenty of lynches this game, but I'm focused on you. It seems like you're playing to me in a passive-aggressive manner that I wouldn't expect, because you know I'm scumhunting and doing a damn fine job or dangerous scum doing a fine job of faking. What's strange to me, though, is the way that you swap between condemning and defending me with ease, after drawing attention and stating that players should focus on me. I suppose I'm swingy no matter who I am - but people who know (or think) I'm on their side obviously wouldn't target me. What makes you think a guy you'd swear is scumhunting isn't on your side?
Hey, don't flatter yourself kid. I don't actually think you'd merit condemning or defending outright at this point, but since other people disagree I'd rather we were clear on any actual points in favor of against. And frankly, if I were scum, you simply wouldn't ever have been considered so important that it'd be worth sticking my neck out for no other reason than to get a possible D1 lynch on you. (Also, if that were to be my play for some unfathomable reason, maybe like future post-game drunken mockery prospects or some such, probably wouldn't be all that difficult for me to pull it off at this point.)

As for calling to "focus" you, well, I was about to give an exasperated sigh and explain what a good play that was... but hold on, on second thought, why don't you try to figure it out? You, specifically. You're the one other guy here that I was had no doubt would be smart enough to, and if you really can't even come up with at least a working hypothesis on that then I gotta wonder if you just can't get past thinking everything revolves around you for long enough to grasp the bigger picture,* ever, or if you're just having trouble trying to approach the problem from another perspective.

*(Which is hilariously ironic from a guy who started off the game by telling everybody to use all their shit just for him, I know, but to be fair I don't expect anybody to actually do that unless I can get us some Mafia lynched today. That's right, folks - you heard it here first: my awesome, ingenius, foolproof master plan revolves around me successfully calling a Day 1 lynch. I'm going full-on PotG, viral gif recap, balls deep, full ham try hard mode on this motherfucker.)

(Of course, for all you know I've been voluntarily kicking up a big scene for myself without any apparent need for it because I'm scum who's aiming for a repeat performance of my hugely successful "kill your own scumbuddy out of nowhere on Day 1" strat from Day Kill Mafia. But that was a troll strat for a troll game, and this isn't one of those. Cause Overwatch plays are srs bznz.)

Anatronman

Accusing me, yourself, and I of hypocrisy in the same post? That’s the closest thing you’ve ever given me to a compliment.

Beyond the public ego tripping, the two points to take away from the last day are that A) every player has had the opportunity to check the thread [barring Req, who hasn’t been online], and B) anyone reading this thread can tell that less than half the players are trying to push lynches onto each other with what I can comfortably call a lack of sound logic and reasoning. There is no reason to interject so long as the fires burn hot, so I suggest we step back from our keyboards for a few hours and read what we’ve said objectively.

Dunsparce

I don't really have much to say about all this, other than I agree with pretty much everything Anatron's said. It seems that it once again comes down to Team Easy vs Team Tirin, and honestly, the arguments on both sides seem to boil down to "Easy/Tirin is being a big meanie poophead." So I'm kinda at a loss for what to do.

Andy is definitely the most irrational player so far. I'm not gonna go through and fish out all the choice quotes from him, but his contributions have mainly been to yell at Tirin for flaming him, which is kinda like yelling at the sun for rising in the morning, or yelling at the tides for going in and out. He was also awfully quick to buddy up with Easy, another pretty scummy looking player, and in the past, Andy hasn't really had a problem blatantly supporting his scum buddies. But then again, it really doesn't strike me as a mafia play to be so aggressive. Maybe I'm just biased because that's typically how I play, but whatever.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Alright, I'm pretty bad at making verbose posts so I'll keep it short.

So far from my initial impressions Easy and Tirin are leaning towards town for me. Easy started out the game by putting a giant target on his head. Both him and Tirin and trying to get more conversation out of people to try and get some leads. Initially I was kind of suspicious of Andy since he seemed to be pretty aggressive with his lynching, but it's day one so I can't really get too heavy with that. Everyone else I'm kind of neutral on.

Also I don't think Requiem has said a single thing this game.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I don't really have much to say about all this, other than I agree with pretty much everything Anatron's said. It seems that it once again comes down to Team Easy vs Team Tirin, and honestly, the arguments on both sides seem to boil down to "Easy/Tirin is being a big meanie poophead." So I'm kinda at a loss for what to do.
Funny. I wasn't getting the impression that it was between me and Tirin.

Although more likely than not we're both Town, and that really would be an ideal D1 scenario for scum...

@Firedemon , I'm saying that you had opportunity to do something legitimate with your first post, but avoided the ongoing discussion and called it a meme phase instead. Req just doesn't appear to have had the opportunity.

Anatronman

I’m fucking drunk, good thing I wrote this in advance.

To start, I want to focus on that hypocrisy angle, because there are plenty of examples in the thread already. For one, your dismissal of every point in the thread and ridiculous condescension. Everyone here is capable of scum hunting, and narrowing the perspective of the Day serves ONLY YOU. For another, your claim that “I am the carry, everyone look at me,” versus “everyone has overpowered roles, anyone can carry.” Lastly, your attempts to deflect from your soft claim by shouting out Hero names. You specifically asked for support and defense heroes to rally around you so you could use your two powerful abilities. I don’t think I need to use process of elimination here, so I’m just going to go with my “gut instinct.”

Here are two possibilities (and I made you Town in both of them!):

A) Widowmaker claiming Widowmaker.

Vig/Cop. Powerful role, no survivability. In the case that this is you, you aren’t rolling your eyes at Mafia members; you’re rolling your eyes at your Support and Defense roles, who have a lot to lose when they pick their targets. I’d explain why this is a good play, but... but hold on, on second thought, why don’t you try to figure it out?

B) Mercy claiming Widowmaker

Nobody would dare to shoot the person who said the Doc would be on them, right? ... right? In all honesty, I don’t see why you’d do this, but it’s the only non-straightforward reasoning that doesn’t assume you’re a Mafia member just trying to form the roots of discussion so you can manipulate them down the line.

Having said that all that, I don’t think Easy is the Lynch today. He can be helpful when he wants to be, and I’m sure his scanner is OP. But as far as the entire Town being on him? Beyond the actual waste of resources (yes Easy, if it were anyone but you you’d admit that everyone targeting the same person is a waste of resources) there is not a shred of evidence that this wouldn’t be a game losing mistake.

Personally I think the Mercy should be on me in case Widowmaker is Mafia and not Town. ***This is a soft claim.***

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Andy - 2 (Anatron, Tirin)
Tirin - 1 (Andy)
Easy - 1 ( Dunsparce)
Tag Ross - 1 (TC)
TC - 1 (Firedemon)

5 votes to finalize a lynch.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
...wow.

I may be getting played really hard right now, but I'm willing to take the risk and call a pro-Town Anatron because that kind of performance is hella difficult to fake. No, not the one where he sees me drawing as much attention as possible, repeatedly spamming the 'group up' ping and strolling out right into enemy territory proclaiming I've got a plan to win the game and decides: "hmm, that sounds like Widowmaker!" Not the general disregard for context, nuance, and obvious use of hyperbole when it doesn't suit him. Nope. But because that's all there, I have no problem buying the way it's immediately followed by his apparent unawareness that Talon are scum here. Now, see, I could totally understand him just missing that detail because it's way back in the OP, and not specified as part of a win condition or anything in my own role PM, but surel-

...wait.

Surely the scum players would've had that info detailed in their role PM's, right?

Right?

Oh, God.

What if the gimmick is that they don't even know who's on their own team...?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Sorry, I had to read that a couple times to get what you are saying. So you're saying that Anatronman isn't mafia because he think that widowmaker for some reason could be town?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yup, that's kinda the skinny of it. In fact, he thought Widowmaker could be the Town's Vig or something. Of course, he accounted for the hypothetical possibility that Widowmaker was Mafia - and man, if that isn't genuine blundering, it's pretty damn solid acting in my opinion.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Yeah I was really confused the first time I read that one post. I had no idea what he was talking about with the role claiming as widow stuff. It'd be very weird if widowmaker was not mafia considering she is a very evil character.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
*Hey, don't flatter yourself kid. I don't actually think you'd merit condemning or defending outright at this point, but since other people disagree I'd rather we were clear on any actual points in favor of against. And frankly, if I were scum, you simply wouldn't ever have been considered so important that it'd be worth sticking my neck out for no other reason than to get a possible D1 lynch on you. (Also, if that were to be my play for some unfathomable reason, maybe like future post-game drunken mockery prospects or some such, probably wouldn't be all that difficult for me to pull it off at this point.)
Oh, right, just like in Daykill Mafia where I was so dangerous to your lynch-your-buddy strategy that you shot me dead in your first post. I suppose, at least, that had less risk involved - I'm pretty good at getting people lynched. I see you've still got that hand down your pants, though; for the children's sake, keep it out of there. All I'm seeing from you is obfuscation and impossible-to-call softclaims.

As for calling to "focus" you, well, I was about to give an exasperated sigh and explain what a good play that was... but hold on, on second thought, why don't you try to figure it out? You, specifically. You're the one other guy here that I was had no doubt would be smart enough to, and if you really can't even come up with at least a working hypothesis on that then I gotta wonder if you just can't get past thinking everything revolves around you for long enough to grasp the bigger picture,* ever, or if you're just having trouble trying to approach the problem from another perspective.
What - a good reason to claim people should focus me? It'll get me talking (irrelevant, since I will anyway), but put pressure on me that might make me slip up if I'm scum (unlikely). If you're a tracker, you could determine who targeted me in a night if I were to die - but it probably wouldn't matter. I suspect that, given the nature of this game, plenty of people have damaging abilities to throw out, both scum and town. Your motivation is blurry at best - as is every plan you've thrown out so far, many of which have been easy to justify retroactively, since you'd never openly state one. Funny how you expect me to go out of my way to analyze your motives (probably just to discredit said analysis), but have been strangely lacking in active analysis yourself.

*(Which is hilariously ironic from a guy who started off the game by telling everybody to use all their shit just for him, I know, but to be fair I don't expect anybody to actually do that unless I can get us some Mafia lynched today. That's right, folks - you heard it here first: my awesome, ingenius, foolproof master plan revolves around me successfully calling a Day 1 lynch. I'm going full-on PotG, viral gif recap, balls deep, full ham try hard mode on this motherfucker.)
Yeah, yeah, completely hype yourself up as being the world's best scumhunter. You started the day with a lynch on a townie that hasn't gone anywhere, and progressed to saying that Firedemon is probably scum because he showed up after he was pinged. It looks to me like you're trying hard to establish reasons for town to trust you. Funnily enough, though, you've been more than content to completely ignore any connection I've made between you and Andy, and also haven't put your microscope up to him once throughout this game even though he's done plenty of things that could be interpreted as scummy - as myself and other players (namely Anatron) have commented on. I can't think of any good reason you'd be so happy not to mention stuff like that - oh, wait. I can think of one.

I'm serious when I say that I think it's possible that Andy and Easy are the scum pair; while I acknowledge I could be misreading Easy since he's been hyper as fuck this game, his switch from putting all the pressure on me to easing off (in fact, with some parts of his posts defending mine) strikes me as weird, as does how gladly he jumped onto Firedemon as a suspect because... you know, he posted, but apparently not soon enough. Because of my uncertainty, though, along with my strong suspicions of Andy even as an individual player, I think that Andy is the best lynch for town today. I doubt my mind is gonna be changed easily, barring other players doing something pretty fucking dumb.

I'd like if we, y'know, could get a lynch - especially an accurate one, but I don't think your scumdar is the one to trust for it. Matter of fact, it isn't anybody's but mine, 'cause I know I'm town and can't be certain about anyone else at this point.

I may be getting played really hard right now, but I'm willing to take the risk and call a pro-Town Anatron because that kind of performance is hella difficult to fake. No, not the one where he sees me drawing as much attention as possible, repeatedly spamming the 'group up' ping and strolling out right into enemy territory proclaiming I've got a plan to win the game and decides: "hmm, that sounds like Widowmaker!" Not the general disregard for context, nuance, and obvious use of hyperbole when it doesn't suit him. Nope. But because that's all there, I have no problem buying the way it's immediately followed by his apparent unawareness that Talon are scum here. Now, see, I could totally understand him just missing that detail because it's way back in the OP, and not specified as part of a win condition or anything in my own role PM, but surel-
Yeah, I'm totally sure that the ways that we're posting reflect not only our alignment, but also the Overwatch characters randomly selected for us. You know what he meant, come the fuck on.

Anatronman

So I googled it and it turns out a couple non-white characters are in this group called Talon (which makes me feel less bad about this racist ass list I almost posted yesterday).

While I am a dumbass for not triple checking the OP for the one tiny line about agents of Talon (which is pretty ambiguous for someone who doesn’t know what that means), it would be fucking hard to write all that shit if I knew I was wrong from the start.

I guess you’re saying you wouldn’t be playing like this unless you had a lot of health. To which I say

Hmm? And what play would that be, good sir?

the Doc should heal Easy, the Mercy should preemptively get set to posthumously rezz Easy, the Bus Driver should drive Easy, and the Vig should probably just not kill anybody in case he accidentally targets Easy due to bus driving or witchcraft or some other assorted combination of shenanigans. Which is not to say that Easy isn't the Vig - just that in the hypothetical scenario where Easy is super Vig DPS mode
I mean, what’s the claim here? You can solo the entire enemy team with everybody’s help? Could you say that with a straight face again please?

FoS Coolpool and TC for posting enough to get by.

EDIT: also FD.

WHEW DOUBLE EDIT: Actually FoS all those people saying Tirin was being a dick who apparently aren’t reading Easy’s posts.

Last edited:

Anatronman

Sorry for the double post but without any role claiming or quoting PMs, does anybody but Easy have a win condition in their role PM?

EDIT (it’s fucked up how much I’m editing this game, I know): Easy you’ve been so fucking sarcastic this game I can’t even tell if you were saying exactly what you said or the exact opposite. FoS your shit.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Sorry for the double post but without any role claiming or quoting PMs, does anybody but Easy have a win condition in their role PM?
To chime in here:

I messed up and sent some win conditions to people and I forgot to send them to others. It was a tiring job to format that all nice and neat.

The situation has been remedied. Everyone has their win conditions now.

Anatronman

Gonna use that as a quick opportunity to apologize for basically FoSing 5 people. I’m posting right when I wake up and late into the night to have any hope of catching an active player since Andy popped out.

Requiem

Jesus, I'm sorry everybody. Friday was hectic for me, family stuff happened, nothing serious, don't worry. Just time consuming. Then today or at least what was Saturday, I honestly forgot to check the forum at all. It's kinda why I didn't join mafia last game, I have a tendency to dip out on the forum without thinking about it.

Anyways, after having read everything, I just wanna say a few things.

Thanks to everyone who pointed me out in earlier posts. I didn't get any notifications in my emails like I sometimes do when I get @'d, so thanks for at least trying to get my attention. It really was my bad.

Secondly, Easy and Tirin seem to be part of the main discussion. Tirin playing aggressively isn't really out of the ordinary and I can see how what Andy said got him riled up. That seems like normal Tirin moves to me in regards to someone else riling him up. As for Easy, his Lightning Rod Maneuver (as I shall henceforth call it) was an interesting one. I can see the benefit of it and how it would draw out players who tend to stay quietly off to the side or those who are uncharacteristically being quiet for their usual mafia play style. Being so loud and out there should have drawn out more people, but Tirin wasn't unjustified in tagging people to get them to be active. Everyone knows an inactive day 1 is no good, it kills games. Either way, if I misunderstood what you were doing, Easy, let me know.

That said, after seeing the manner in which Tirin and Easy were doing what they do, I'd be hard pressed to say that they're mafia. I've yet to truly see Tirin be mafia, iirc, I can't think of the last time he actually had a mafia role (or, for clarity's sake, an "evil" role). That said, I get the feeling he's town. We don't have much to go off of besides gut calls and all of the fine discussion we've had so far (which is good evidence, to be fair), but I feel like putting a townie star by Tirin's name is an okay decision. We'll see how that goes in the future of course, but for now, that's my view on him.

As for Easy, the Lightning Rod Maneuver is a ballsy one and if anyone has a day kill, I'm surprised they didn't use it right then and there, barring any potential game mechanics preventing that. It's honestly not a hard call for me to make to say that Easy is leaning towards Town in my eyes. That said, it's still an odd move to make, in a role madness game no less. I don't think that's suspicious, but it is worth noting for future reference is all.

As for everyone else, I can't really point anyone out in earnest as suspicious besides maybe Andy. I need more time to really read everything, I didn't do as thorough a job as I could have (it's 1:30am right now, so I apologize for that). Andy went in hard on Tirin for the aggressive language in his posts and did antagonize (hurr hurr I said it) him originally, but once that fuse got cut, it's difficult for me to say that makes Andy mafia.

It's tentative, but I'm going to FoS Andy for the time being and then see if my post does anything come tomorrow. Again, I'm sorry for not posting until now, I really am excited for this game. It's been a while since my last mafia game, so I'm ready to play. I'll try my best to stay up to date and posting.

And to help me out, what is our Discord information? I can download the app and if I forget to check the site again (I don't foresee that happening), y'all can get a hold of me there. Or even on Facebook if that works for some of you. Anyways, good morning everyone reading this on Sunday morning and good afternoon Andy.

Top Bottom