Judgement Day

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Atlanta, Georgia.
CDC Headquarters.

It is spreading too quickly for us to contain. There is nothing more to do then to hope that we can attempt to synthesize a cure before civilization has entirely collapsed. May God protect us in our time of need. I fear that our Judgement Day has begun.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Riverdale, Georgia!

The lovely little city of 15,000 endured against that warm, summer rush. Temperatures were raised, the Ice Cream Trucks were out in a frenzy to make certain to earn their keep for the day. The sounds of pools, splashing and insects were spread throughout the city.

July 4th, 2016. The lovely little day of celebration for all things that were red, white and blue. Fireworks were being sold, Liquor was being bought, and barbecues were being held. The clock just struck noon as our little suburb was hosting a quaint little barbecue. The community leader personally knocking on doors and extending an invite to his neighbors. The heavy-set, jolly man wanted to make certain that everyone was feeling into the spirit before the fireworks at 9!

[Nine Hours Remain.]

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
The knock on the door jolted Joshua out of his reverie, and he put down the book he was reading for the first time in three hours.

"Hello, do you - Oh, right, Fourth of July..."

I WAS invited to that barbecue... Oh, shit, that's in half an hour!

"Thank you for the reminder! Erm, see you later!"

Joshua quickly shuts the door and gets ready to leave, rushing to make it to the barbecue on time. However, as he rushes out of the house, he makes sure to grab the book he was reading.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Annabelle Hastings sat in the back seat of a VW Jetta, owned by the Uber driver her parents had hired to bring her back for a holiday visit, though the "Advantage Ed" program of summer boarding at the school had very well appealed to the Hastings couple overall. Annabelle didn't really know that they'd be passing through Rivendale soon, and she especially didn't care. What she did know for sure was that she was very, very bored, so she vented that impatience for the time being by running repetitive trials on how hard she could kick into the back of the driver's seat from where she was sitting. The padding at certain points in the seat was not very thick at all, so she was occasionally managing to achieve very solid connections between her foot and the middle of the back of the young driver's spine. To his great credit, the impoverished, college-aged driver of the car was taking it very well so far. His anger had hardly even progressed beyond the point where he'd begun with grinding his teeth.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
((OOC: By the way I might have changed my character sheet a little since the last time you read it.))

The smell of the kitchen. It’s something I got used to pretty quickly. At least the restaurant is air conditioned. After I wash my hands twice. I slice and dice. Then put in some spice. I take some shrimp from the ice. And cook it all nice. I stir it around thrice before finishing the Chinese fried rice. I busily cook away in the kitchen of the restaurant with the other cooks. The lunch rush is relatively normal, so it’s nothing I can’t handle. I hum quietly as I finish up another order. I’m in a really good mood today, there’s no fireworks show like one on the fourth of July. I cook and cook then cook some more. Even if it’s a holiday everything seems pretty normal for me. A normal day is a nice one, it means that nothing has gone too badly. But that depends on your definition of normal.

Elliot

Confirmed Robot
Although they were French, Gabriel's family had always happily celebrated America's Independence Day, and he had a fondness for the holiday even if he thought some of the celebration was a little overboard. He was American, too, after all, and there was nothing inherently nationalistic in celebrating the founding of a new republic based on the ideas of liberty and equality. Still, by the time he arrived home at noon from his early shift and changed out of his scrubs, Gabriel was tired and in no mood to head out again, to the slight dismay of his fiancé.

"Come on, I know you love fireworks," said John, which was distinctly true, while waving a pack of sparklers at him, but Gabriel just smiled and returned to fixing himself a sandwich.

"The fireworks start at 9 this evening. We'll go later -- in time to socialize with some of the neighbors. Definitely in time for the fireworks. But I want a nap first. That's not too much to ask, I assume?"

"Not too much," he agreed, and Gabriel kissed him on the cheek as he sat down on the couch to eat his sandwich and curl up with a book.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Joshua

The Community leader chuckled at Joshua's startled response. "Not a problem, son!" A meaty hand clapped him on the shoulder, accompanied with a hearty chuckle. "Weeeellll, I reckon we'll be seeing you soon." He waddled away from the door, heading to the next house.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Annabelle Hastings

The audible sounds of the driver's teeth grinding against one another were muffled by the sound of the radio that was playing. The only thing that prevented him from snapping was the sweet payment that would let him afford a nice handle of booze to drink with his friends that night, where he'd vent his frustrations about the spoiled brat that he had to drive. "W-we're almost there, Miss.." His voice was a mixture of anger and politeness as another firm kick was delivered to his back. His fingers clenched the leather-bound wheel as his knuckles drained of color as he took a deep breath. Just think of the reward. Think of the reward...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yu San

The lunch rush, if you could call it a rush, wasn't as bad as it usually was. With the Fourth of July celebrations abuzz, not that many folks in Georgia were looking forward to eating fried rice when they could be devouring delicious ribs that were slathered in sauce. Nonetheless, a few folks with cravings for the asian cuisine raced out to grab the lunch specials with the majority of them being poor college kids that didn't have an invitation to a barbecue.

François Gabriel Beauchene

A firm knock could be heard in the lovely abode of Gabriel and John. The rotund figure at their door was none other than Atticus, the figurehead of the the community. He rocked back and forth on his heels as he waited for the door to open.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
"We're almost there, Misssss" Annabelle mocked, punctuated with another vicious kick that, by a mixture of chance and vigor, managed to strike the poor kid directly dead-center in the small of his back. "How much longer? Is this the fastest this piece of crap can go? God. You drive like one of those stupid old nuns at that stupid old school. Maybe you should try signing up there, instead. You've got the figure for it." She kicked him again. "You'd have to go celibate, though, so I'm guessing your boyfriend won't like it." Actually, the kid was in pretty good shape, and didn't have anything like the body of a nun at all. Time would soon tell, though, whether or not he had the patience of one.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
As the orders coming in slowed down to a crawl Yu lets out a sigh of relief. “Most people probably don’t want to get noodles on the Fourth of July.” She says to herself. It isn’t long until her break comes. She stretches her arms in the air and then takes a seat by a window. On days like these when the skies are bright and the weather is hot. She looks around and thinks about all the things that are and are not. Like her friend far away, or a cloud shaped like a yacht. Sometimes she feels a little lonely without any plans on the most patriotic of American holidays. But those feelings didn’t last long, today was the Fourth of July. Nothing could possibly be bad enough to ruin a day like today. “Well, time to get back to work~”

Elliot

Confirmed Robot
Hearing a knock at the door, Gabriel let out a tired sigh and stood, waving for John to stay where he was (that was, pouring over a heavy law book). He answered the door, straightening up when he saw exactly who it was, and gave Atticus a light smile. "Hello. Are you here to tell us about the celebration today?" he asked, waving him in. "I can get you a coffee, if you want. You folks are serving supper before the fireworks, right?" It would be nice not to have to cook.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Joshua walks down the sidewalk, book in hand, only half-paying attention to where he's going. His casual pace might seem strange to an onlooker, especially in comparison to his mad rush of moments before, but to those who know him it's rather normal. Most of his neighbors just walk around him at this point, so he rarely runs into people these days.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Annabelle Hastings

The driver grunted as the kick shoved him forward. He didn't want to get penalized and the cost of the trip was well-worth it. He turned up the music as the radio blared from the speakers. He took a deep sigh as he was only a few minutes from the home and managed to pull in front of her house without snapping at her. "Here you are, miss!" The smile on his face was incredibly forced as he eagerly waited for her to get out of her vehicle.

Yu San

The work day was rather lax, having an order or two every half-hour. It wasn't the best day for the business, but soon Yu would be free from her job.

François Gabriel Beauchene

"Ah! Gabriel. Not a problem, not a problem." Atticus brushed his hair to fix it up, trying to make certain that he looked presentable. "Now, I'd love a cup of coffee, but I really oughta be heading back to my humble abode to prepare for the festival." His lips pulled back, revealing a toothy smile. "And yup! Me and the Misses will be cookin' up a storm fro everyone!" He chuckled, looking up at Gabriel. "It'd be great if you and John would make an appearance and I promise you that my ribs are the best on this side of the Mississippi River!"
Joshua

The members of the community gave polite greetings and apologies as they walked around them. Families were frolicking to Atticus' house in the hopes of fun festivities and mouth-watering barbecue!

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Business is slow as usual during the off peak hours. To pass the time she starts a conversation with another chef, mainly about the holidays. He is a nice guy, if a little quiet. Somehow along the way, the conversation changes to one about the best way to prepare eggs. And then what sort of mythological eggs would be the tastiest. It’s only periodically interrupted by the rare order. Soon enough it’s time for her shift to end. The girl gathers her things and leaves after some swift goodbyes. She briskly walks down the familiar streets. Overall it has been a rather normal day. The girl appreciates it. she supposes things could always be worse. Normal means that nothing overly bad is happening. Unless that’s your idea of normal. That being said, it’s not a good day to be out in the heat, so she hurries things up. Luckily the walk isn’t too long. Yu arrives to the grey walls of her apartment. She slumps into her chair with a happy sigh and turns on her computer. With nothing better to do on a day like today she starts to browse various websites and message boards.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Annabelle folded her arms and stared down the driver's fake smile for a moment, then turned her nose up with vigor and glanced out the window. Empty driveway, nobody waiting to greet her. "Hmph!" Without looking back at the kid, she popped the seatbelt and lept out of the car, strutting off down the street and away from the house without even bothering to close the car door again behind her. She felt like taking a walk.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Annabelle Hastings

The driver quickly locked the door once Annabelle had left. Ecstatic at the fact that it happened! She was finally gone and that sweet money for his drinking tonight! The car made a quickly turned around and sped off to his apartment.

Meanwhile, you notice flocks of people heading to the big house on the block. You remember that the man who lived there was the community leader. It was the Fourth of July, so he must be having a party and invited everyone! ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yu San

While scrolling through a popular message board, you stumble upon a link. Apparently, there was a bizarre thread on it that linked to 4chan that spread like fire. Amateur news articles spreading.

GeorgiaBro 07/04/16(Wed) 23:28:56 No. 520399999 [Reply] >

[Attached is a photo of through chicken-wire glass. Through it, you can see a woman hunched over a bleeding body seeming to eat it.]

I'm sorry. There's nothing that much time. You have to hurry. Get to the countryside. The military won't help. You can only handle this on your own.

Anonymous 07/04/16(Wed) 23:28:56 No. 520400004 [Reply]

>520399999

HOLY SHIT QUINTS

Anonymous 07/04/16(Wed) 23:29:50 No. 520400040 [Reply]

>520399999

Nice movie advertisement.

The comment chain continues until posts begin to flood in about the location. It seems that they've identified it as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. People are bickering whether it's an ad for a movie, reality or whether it was edited.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
“Well that’s… disturbing. It’s got to be fake right?” Yu thinks to herself. “Who take the time to photograph something like this. If it is real, well one cannibal is no reason to run for the hills, as disturbing as it is. Besides, I’m practically in the countryside already. Those quints though.” The girl tries to shake the feelings of unease out of her mind, but for some reason she can’t get the image out of her mind. She reads the thread a while longer before stopping. That’s enough internet for now.

She jumps face first into her bed and embraces the soft covers. With a pillow tightly held in her arms she turns to stare at the ceiling. A boring way to spend the Fourth of July for a boring person. A boring day isn’t too bad though. One gets used to them quickly, and learns to enjoy the little things in life. Many are probably going to that barbeque. Partying, celebrating, it could be fun, but Yu thinks she would just feel awkward being at something like that by herself.

Reaching down from the bed, she grabs her umbrella out of her bag. It’s an old study purple umbrella that’s been repaired many times. The girl just stares at it for a bit. “Wonder what she’s up to today.” She sighs, and then puts it away. The girl goes to the kitchen to get something. Today’s not a day for thoughts like that.

With a plate of steam buns nearby, she reads a book to pass the time.

Top Bottom