[Literature] Late Arrival

Milamber

Donor III
As the sun set, the streetlights dimly glowed as if awaking from a long slumber, their rays illuminating the shadows. Milamber strolled down the path, his briefcase swinging at his right side in tune with his typical holiday playlist. Quietly listening to his music he explored the big Mach seeing everything it had to offer. He never took the opportunity to fully explore the forums before but with a sense of tranquillity he didn’t want to miss this chance.

Leisurely exploring the sites reminded him of the old stories that the gang recounted time and time again. The Tales of Captain Balthier, The Day of the Blood Moon where some of the many stories, yet perhaps the most famous of them all was The Eternal Wedding. A chill flew up his spine while recollecting the past, turning to see if something had swept by. Milamber gazed into the empty streets and further into the darkness, nothing seemed to have stirred. Overcome with a sense of melancholy, he returned to a familiar path leading to his humble abode.

Fumbling outside his door, he tried to remain as quiet as he could so not to disturbing the neighbours. Rummaging through his pockets he attempted to account for all his possessions while locating his keys. With bated breath he grasped the chain and swiftly unlocked the door. Greeted with the warmth of his home and the glowing lights he closed the door to escape the crisp night. Checking each room systematically, he was satisfied that the house had remained untouched. Old habits die hard it seemed.

Falling into the embrace of his mattress, he lay silently waiting for sleep to take him. The busyness of the day replayed itself in his mind, thoughts and tasks seemed to endlessly wrestle with each other making it difficult to sleep.

I’m so late...I was supposed to be back a week ago.

Tirins going to kill me.. I’m so overdue with Fantasy Nations.

I suppose there are worse things...like salad.

Death by salad, yeah that’s definitely worse.

Yet just like every other night exhaustion would take its course and sleep would soon follow.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Pretty interesting, I'm still not sure if I should work on that character sheet I never finished even though I made a nation.

Top Bottom