Legacy RP info, signups and character creation [OOC]

Lotus

In the near future I'll be hosting an extensive and involved RP using a world that I created and have developed over a decade and a half. I've run several tabletop games in this world, and now I'd like to share it and it's legacy with you guys.

It is epic fantasy themed with common fantasy races and an extensive class selection. The world is very dynamic and ever changing. I have life and story literally everywhere that exists within it.

If you're interested in playing, either shoot me a PM or sign up here.

Players will need to choose a race and starting class, as well as a home location and professional skill (Some race and class combos will have limited, or unique locations)

The races are as follows:
Humans : pretty much good at everything, they gain one extra professional skill.
Humans can begin play in Archades, Knat, Northstarr or Rogueport.

Elves : typically pretentious and believe in Elven Supremacy. Elves are gifted when using magic, so magic comes easily to them. They can typically cast more spells before becoming fatigued than other races. Elves can begin play in Archades, Knat, Northstarr, or Sylvestra.

Half-elves : Half elves share the combined abilities of their parentage, and can begin play in any of the same locations.

Dwarves : Dwarfs are Hardy and tough. The also obsess over wealth and labor. Dwarves can take more hits than other races before being defeated, or killed in combat. Dwarves may begin play in Archades, Knat, or the Amber Mountain Quay.

Gnomes : Gnomes are ingenious little beings that slave away at the task of mastering magic and the ways of the world. Gnomes start with a single spell known regardless of class. (Arcane or divine). Gnomes begin play with a single short name and a life goal. Upon completing that life goal (which is usually given by one of the gnomish nations leaders) that goal is added to the gnome's name, and he is assigned a new goal. Gnomes may begin play in the Shadowvale.

Half-orc : These guys are rare outside the chaos legion, and are typically feared and hatemongered. Half-orc gain the blessings of Fuego, the God of Fire and can use it to enter a furious rage once a day that increases their physical might and permits them to ignore all but the deadliest of injuries. Half orcs can begin play in Northstarr or Rogueport.

Locations:
Archades, the Capitol of the human nation. It is the central hub of the civilized world and a place where people of every civilized race can be found. For clarification, Archades is the Capitol of Arcadia.

Knat, a trade city midway between many locations in the nation of Arcadia. Many races call this town home. It is also the home of the Hero's Guild.

Northstarr, a small farming community, that oddly enough is on the southernmost point of Archadian territory. Mostly humans and the occasional half elf or half orc call this place home.

Rogueport. Originally known as Rougeport, a port city at the easternmost point of Arcadia. It rests right against the Majestic Sea. It once was a fishing town until war with the Chaos Legion lead it to being a hub for vagrants, deserters, and similar miscreants.

Sylvestra, in the middle of the Sylvan Wood, the great elven city hides in secret. A magical barrier and blessing of the Elfmother prevent those that are unwelcome or seek to harm the elven nation from finding it.

Shadowvale, a valley hidden away between the Amber Mountains and the Black Reach Mountains that it watched closely by Tenebros, the God of Shadows. The Gnomish nation hides here under the veil cast by Tenebros. Here the research and study to discover the secrets of the world.

Amber Mountains, a mountain range that rises up through the center of Arcadia. The Dwarven people claim these peaks as their homes, build in mountainside cities known as Quay. The mountains themselves were given their name because of the Amber light they cast over the skies at dawn, probably due to the nature and material of the stone that made them. Deep within the Amber range are mines full of riches.

Classes:
Warrior: The brave and mighty heroes that fight in up to medium armor and have trained in a single weapon of their choice.

Knight: The noble, or ignoble, fighters that are trained to wear the heaviest of armors and fight with heavy weapons or sword and shield. There are two knighthoods in the civilized world the Imperial Knighthood in Archades, and the Sylvan Knights of Sylvestra. Only Elves may join the Sylvan Knighthood, of course.

Scout: Trained in light armor and a form of Archery, or in the case of Gnomes, Gunnery, these fighters have a knack for the land. Special skill :Cartography. Any land a Scout has surveyed will permanently be in their memory, and they are skilled in drawing maps.

Acolyte: Fighters specially trained in unarmed combat and defending themselves unarmored. Acolytes choose one of two powers: Pummel, the ability to unleash a barrage of many strikes in quick succession. Iron fist, the ability to focus ones inner strength into a single devastating blow. Acolytes are also trained in enhanced maneuverability and can move at twice the speed of other classes.

Apprentice. An arcane caster in training. Apprentices start with one spell known from the following list.
Force Shot, a damaging spell that never misses.
Force shield, a spell that provide perfect protection in a single direction.
Flame Shot, a burst of fire that damages an opponent at range.
Icerang, a damaging spell that conjures a thrown weapon out of ice.
Shockstick, a spell that enchants a weapon with lightning.
Shrapnel, a spell that causes a thrown item to explode.
Friendship, a spell that makes one person friendly.
Illusion, a spell that can manifest minor illusions.
Apprentices have the option of having the Wizard's Crystal Tower being their hometown. The Crystal Tower is an arcane focal point where the Arcadian Wizard's Guild gathers and studies. Only students and masters of the Arcane are ever allowed inside. It is located at the southern point of Arcadia, west of the Amber Mountains.

Initiate: Humble priests in training that have access to one divine prayer. An initiate has yet to choose a single God to follow, and gains no special benefit fr selecting one.
Stitch, a prayer that heals minor wounds.
Rend, a prayer that inflicts pain upon a target.
Food, a prayer that generates a small amount of food or drink.
Poison, a prayer that poisons a target.
Cure, a prayer that heals poisons and minor diseases.
Disease, a prayer that inflicts a minor disease.
Holy smite, a prayer that inflicts a specific elemental damage as selected when prepared.

Rogue,
a deceitful combatant that is skilled in misdirection, stealth and the legendary Backstab. Rogues are skilled in light armor and one light melee or thrown weapon, as well as crossbows.

Pickpockets
are skilled in deceit, misdirection, and disguise. Pickpockets are skilled in light armor. Their special skill is Steal.

Also, characters start with the armor their class allows, and a single weapon, even if the class doesn't have skill or training in that weapon. You can also start with a single non-magical trinket of your own creation.
3. Posts can range from simply a single line of explaining what you want to do in a given situation, to paragraphs of exposition. Keep OOC talk on the OOC thread, of course.
4. There are times the story and events may seem bastardly toward the player. I know it can be discouraging and annoying to have a GM take things or dick over a character, but just know there's always a 'plan' and a 'reason'. If you feel salty about a bit of story progression, feel free to PM me about it, and I'll briefly explain the why, though I strongly dislike giving away story arc information, so many times the explanation will be brief and general. TL;DR Don't bitch when I take your stuff.
5. Goes along with rule number 2. There are hidden 'stats' that only I know for each character, that I use as a reference for growth and GM stuff. XP is one of these hidden stats. Don't ask for XP in the OOC chat, or ask me how soon you'll get a levelup or new ability. Play and they will come. Level should be an abstract thing that characters themselves shouldn't be very aware of. Using any sort of player knowledge that is not character knowledge that involves the developing game system to gain an edge in RP will be considered a moderate to major conflict with rule number 2.
Character development: At certain points during play I'll notify players through PM that their character has 'leveled up'. At this point they'll select a new skill, new spell/prayer, or new power, depending on class and race. I don't plan on having any of this information public, so that all character development is more organic, which I feel goes well in heavy RP.

After a few levels, characters will reach a different choice, and that is the 'class-change', where you're class will upgrade and you'll gain a slew of new powers and abilities based on the path chosen. Actions a character has done in the past will not effect class-change option, as I'll write the story around the class a character chooses, rather than railroad them into classes they've played like.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Interested, though I won't be able to get anything done for a couple of days. How d'you want us to format character sheets?

Lotus

Name:
Race:
Feature choices, like weapons, armor, spells and skills.
Hometown:
Other things you think are prevalent for your character.

I don't plan on starting immediately, but I will if I get a few players. I'm taking the daunting task of hosting this on my phone.

Last edited:

TimTh33nchant3r

Name: Wilhelm Woods
Race: Human
Class: Initiate
Prayer: Cure. Remove disease + poison.
Hometown: Knat
Professional skills: Lumberjack, Cooking

General gist of it. If you want more, ask and I'll make something up.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I have a couple ideas for characters, I'll make a sheet on this post later when I have more time.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
By the way, should we put things about backstory and personality? Or just show those things through role play.

Also what type of rp will this be (in terms of combat and role playing).

Lotus

You can write a brief back story if you like, personality traits might help me cater the story a little better.

I plan on winging the RP aspect til I get a feel for how you guys prefer it, and for combat, I plan on doing it cyoa style for pve, and PvP will be handled if it comes up. (Should I have said when?)

You encounter opponent, or combat otherwise initiates, you post what you'd like to do in that combat round, and I'll write up the story. How does that sound?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
By the way, just for clarification, this is a forum rp right? Or is it something else?

Lotus

My computer is up and running (for now). I didn't fix it or anything, just plugged it in out of agrivation at the idea that the motherboard was fried, and it worked, even though a few days ago it gave all signs that it was dead until repaired (no beep)

Because of this, I'm way more prepared to run this forum RP. Being able to use a keyboard for writing is, well, a beautiful thing.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So if I play a gnome do I choose the life goal? Can you give me some examples if I do?

Lotus

Yes, some examples might be, develop a teleportation spell that only works for Gnomes, find out how to secretly enter Sylvestra to obtain the elves secrets of magic, build a working toilet, it can really be anything...

TimTh33nchant3r

Yes, some examples might be, develop a teleportation spell that only works for Gnomes, find out how to secretly enter Sylvestra to obtain the elves secrets of magic, build a working toilet, it can really be anything...
Lupo Gnomeaportstealthingtonsloan... Sounds like fun.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Name: Kappa
Race: Gnome
Class: Scout
Feature choices: Icerang, light armour, pistol
Hometown: Shadowvale
Profession: Mechanical Engineer
Goal: Develop an optical camouflage technology that at least partially blends the user into the surroundings. It must require no magical input from the user, so that anyone may use it. It must be able to be reproduced, and not the product of a magical enchantment.
Personality: Kappa is a shy but cheerful gnome. He can often spend weeks in his workshop, tinkering and planning without socializing. His scatterbrain mind is often thinking up new ideas, but he can blank out during conversations. He loves to take things apart and put them back together.

Misc: Loves cucumbers.

I have some personal notes and ideas about how I want to play the character, but they aren't final so I didn't put them all down.

Top Bottom