Legacy RP

Lotus

@Tirin Opening scene: The Great Hall of the Arcadian Grand Citadel. Moments before the High Sun Bell. (Noon)

Multiple citizens of Archades gathered together in a tight formation before Knight Captain Strauss, High Lord of the Dragon. Some of these young men and women were dressed in proper noble attire with inlaid gold and silver threads and embroidered with jewels that displayed their station above the common folk. Others wore shining armor that seemed as if it had recently been crafted and polished. A few of them wore older armor, that showed signs of use and marks of battle.

The Knight Lord spoke, "Men, women, my esteemed squires that have been called this day, today is the day you become Knights to the Throne! Today you will kneel before the Empress, Lydia Hawkwing, and proclaim your fealty to the Realm and Throne!" He pauses as a woman enters the grand hall followed by three knights. Each wore heavy plate armor adorned with the emblem of the Knighthood of the Gargoyle. One of the three wore the insignia of Captain, Garish the Stern.

The Empress wore a battle raiment, as was proper for a knighting ceremony. Her plate armor gleamed of silver and platinum, and emblazoned with rubies. The symbol of Hawkwing, a pair of hawks that hovered over the image of Archades, rested upon her breast. She approached Captain Strauss and stood at his right, bearing a heavy scroll.

The sudden sound of metal armor and chain in motion swept through the grand hall as the squires and would-be knights knelt before their Queen.

"Now, in the Queen's presence, each of you will be called to speak of your purpose for bearing the burden of Knighthood, and which Order you believe favors you most. The Queen shall decide whether you are worthy of Knighthood, and what Order you belong to." Captain Stauss continued.

Empress Hawkwing unfurled the heavy scroll in her arms and began calling out names, one after another. Each spoke their piece. Some gave long winded speeches, others gave a few short words to make their point heard.

"Squire Mathas, rise and give reason!" She proclaimed. A young man, hair black as coal stood up. He wore brigandine that was crafted with many black iron plates. At his side was a short sword and a curved knife.

He spoke loudly and boldly. "Mathas Black, my Queen. As a member of the Knighthood, I will use all of my power to slay those that threaten Archades. My skill with these blades is unmatch so that my fellow squires refer to me as Twin-Blade. They fear me as the enemies of Archades will soon fear me as a Knight of the Phoenix."

The Queen frowned. "These good men and women here are not your enemies, the mere fact that they fear you proves enough that you lack the honor and valor of the Knights. I have heard rumor of this 'Twin-Blade', I had never assumed it was one of our own squires that carried this title. I am not unaware of your actions, Mathas. These actions keep you from receiving the Sword and an Order today. May you seek the aid of Neustarr so that He might teach you of valor, and then you return here to train again to be a Knight of the Kingdom."

She grew silent and the air grew thick. Many among the squires knew about Mathas and were relieved that he'd been rejected, though none would probably speak of such. His reputation as Twin-Blade was exactly as proclaimed.

The silence shattered as she uttered the last name on the list. "Squire Salah, rise and give reason!"

Last edited:

Lotus

@coolpool2 Opening scene : Before the Tower of Tenebros. Time: Early Morning.

A party of gnomes gathered to celebrate Kappa's birthday and naming ceremony. His aunts, uncles and many, many cousins were generating a loud ruckus in the form of an argument about what sort of quest the Elder would send Kappa on. Bets and deals spun back and forth among the closely knit family. Kappa's own mother took on the image of a bookie, taking bets for and against her own son.

The Eldergnome stepped out of the holy sanctuary that is the Obsidian Tower. The family ruckus rapidly hushed to low mutterings. "I have communed. Tenebros has spoken. Today our young gnomeling has come to an age to receive his first life quest. Tenebros has declared that Kappa will be known as Kappa Upsilon upon discovering the secrets of elven grace and stealth. They are blessed by their Mother Goddess with an unrivaled ability to camouflage their homes and themselves from the rest of the world. Tenebros has ordered that Kappa discover the secret of their power and create a device that grants it to all gnomish kind! No longer will the elves keep this secret away from us!"

The collective of Kappa's family cheered! "Kappa Kappa Kappa!!!" paired with various racial slurs about the elven nation and elven kind.

"Surely the answer lies within the Sylvestrian Woodlands, within the Temple of the Elfmother herself. May brave Kappa be strong and swift in his discovery of their secret." The Eldergnome begins coughing lightly. The small fit becomes a serious and heavy wooping cough that brings him to his knees. A pair of gnomes help him to his feet again. "Forgive me." He clears his throat. "Speaking like this is becoming quite the task for me. It is now that I open the floor to Kappa. Young gnomeling that is now and forever a true gnome! Tell us of your plan to infiltrate the elves and steal away their secret gift!"

The crowd cheers loudly once again, this time mostly with just anti-elven slurs and curses.

Lotus

@Jeroth Opening scene: Pyrite Pubhouse Time: Morning.

A small band of dwarves drank and sang various drinking songs about slaying trolls and sleeping with women, and vice versa. The barwench, Goldie, squeezed her way through the gauntlet of gropes to deliver drinks and food to the bar's guests. At that moment, she carried a sweet morning lager and a cinnamon bun to a dwarf in the back that had ordered it. She stepped out of the gauntlet and sighed for the moment as she adjusted her bodice. "Valgen, here is your apple lager and cinnabon" She smiled sweetly.

Swiftly, a grimy armored hand grabs up the cinnabon from the platter. "Hey there, lass. This 'ere ain't a dwarf, and don't git your service." He gruffly grunts to affirm his point and glares at Valgen with his one good eye. "Any dwarf that fears a-carryin' a blade or 'ammer ain't no dwarf. You got that?" The older, gruff dwarf wore battered platemail and wielded a heavy miner's pick in one hand. He laughed. "So, I took yer sweet roll. Whatcha gon' do about it, boy?" The old one-eye'd dwarf taunted Valgen.

The whole of the pub grew silent as eyes fell on Valgen and ol' Gregg. There surely was to be a fight, and none wanted to miss it. Poor young Goldie stifled a whimper. She was afraid of the idea of impending bloodshed right in front of her.

Lotus

@TimTh33nchant3r Opening scene: Blackthorne Lumbercamp. Time: Early Morning.

As dawn cast its shadows across the small lumber camp on the edges of the Haunted Wood, shrieks awoke many of the lumberjacks.

"Tim is dead! Tim is dead! T'was wolves, or worse!"

The east wall of the camp, which was mostly made of whole trunks buried deep to create a barrier between the camp and the woodland, had a large section that had splintered and crashed to the ground. Three tents were crushed, along with their occupants. The morning guard of the east wall screamed through the camp, shrieking about the fact that a sole member of the night patrol had returned, horrifically maimed, and had died shortly after suggesting that demon wolves had attacked the patrol.

A bell rang out over the camp, usually the meal bell, but not today. This morning it called a meeting about that nights affairs. The head of the lumberyard called together a brave group of jacks and guards to venture deeper into the Haunted Wood, track down this pack of wolves and slay them.

"We cannot continue our work while this threat persists. Those brave and courageous enough to face this foe for Blackthorne will be paid justly for it. One month's pay will be awarded to every man who ventures into those woods, slays a wolf, and returns with its hide in hand. That's right! 300 Lucre!" As the sound of several jacks and guards speaking at once drowns away the Lumbermaster's words, he adds, "Be warned, Tim died not of his wounds, but of an unnatural poison. I fear this pack of wolves may indeed be lead by a vile Worg. The poison in their claws is deadly to all beings! I do not blame you for your cowardice if you choose not to go."

TimTh33nchant3r

Wilhelm frowned during the meeting. He couldn't say that the situation was anything resembling ideal, that was for certain. If the camp workers all got killed, he'd be out of a job as the camp cook, at least for a little while. On the other hand, was wandering the forest trying to kill wolves really going to fix anything? He supposed that the best thing to do would be to try and protect as many of the people who left camp as possible. At least he had the know-how to counter most poisons, so he reasoned that he should be able to help them out a little bit. Besides, all the hides might make for some pretty nice cloaks if there was anyone who could make them.

Wilhelm stepped up from his seat-stump, and said, "I'll go. At least, if anyone wants to go with me and split the bonuses."

Lotus

@TimTh33nchant3r
A laugh spread across the camp until a black bearded dwarf spoke above them. "By Gaea's Forge, I go where the grub goes.". He lifted a mighty axe over his shoulder. "Asides, I hear worg be good etin'."

Across the way, a young half elf stood. His blonde-red hair barely covered his sharp knife ears. "If a dwarf is going in the woods, then there's no way I can back down."

The Lumbermaster waited a few moments but no other seemed brave enough to venture after beasts in the Haunted Wood. "Very well then, Wil'm the cook, Regas the lumberjack, and Camphor of the day patrol, I wish each of you luck and the guidance of Sera as you pass into those woods."

He then turned to the rest of his employ. "As for the rest of you cowards, there's a wall needs repaired, and naught but you'll fix it. Get ta work."

The men clutter about complaining about the cook leaving and not having had breakfast yet. The lumbermaster's own gut growled in agreement with his men. "Wil'm, could you be so kind as to whip up some grub afore ya go? I'll never get these sacks to work if'n ya don't."

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Valgen raised a quizzical eyebrow at Ol Gregg. "Well, I don't think I'd want that sweet roll after your grimy hands touched it." He cleared his throat as he looked at the battered plate mail and the heavy miner's pick in his hand. "It's adorable though, Gregg. You pretendin' tah be a big shot warrior when yer' carryin' a pick. You remind me of a wee little lad, now, I recommend apologizin' for your boorish nature before I have to beat some manners into ye."

Valgen took a sip of his morning lager, keeping an eye on Ol Gregg and getting ready to deed himself if Gregg decided to get too hasty after being berated.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Kappa looked towards the rest of the gnomes. It was a good thing a birthday only came once a year, so much ruckus would be hard to handle if he was dragged into it more often. His eyes were set upon the Eldergnome. Such a large task would not be easy. Progress was never easy. If Kappa was being honest, he didn't mind the elves. Sure sometimes they could be a bit old fashioned, but it's not like they are malicious.

Kappa put a hand on his green cap as he thought hard about how he would infiltrate the Sylvestrian nation. “Well, I would have to scout the area first, and try to gather information. I would try to find the source of their camouflage, and determine its nature. If I can understand it, then it would be much easier to replicate. Of course it would be good if I could find a way into the nation, but that I'll probably have to figure out on the fly. I'll say I'm just a traveler if anyone asks.”

TimTh33nchant3r

Wilhelm thought about it for a second, and decided that the chief had a point. It wasn't like it seemed wise to go hunting on an empty stomach if they could help it. He walked over to the field kitchen and pulled out a rasher of bacon and a bag of oats. Oatmeal and bacon, or maybe bacon oatmeal. He started cooking up the bacon as he looked at the other two who volunteered with him. Regas was a stout fellow, and doubtless would be good to bring, and he assumed that Camphor could fight or he wouldn't be a guard.

A short meal later, and it was time to head out. There was no telling what kind of dangers they would find in the so-called haunted forest, but apparently wolves with deadly poison was likely to be one of them. Wilhelm glanced back at the people running to and fro about the camp, and hoped he hadn't bitten off more than he could chew.

Lotus

@Jeroth
Gregg leered at the young upstart. "Boy, you should learn to 'spect yur elders, and I reckon to teach ya. The old dwarf's mighty pick crashed into the stone tabletop. Bits of shale chips flew in all directions as Gregg began delivering a slew of drunken curses with his swing.

The stone table cracked and split. A large section was thrown off balance and began sliding of the pedestal toward Goldie, whom was frozen in fear.

Gregg raised his pick, and readied for a second swing.

The crowd at the pub stepped away from the brawl to give the quarrelers space. Cheers and jeers filled the busy pub.

Lotus

@coolpool2
The Eldergnome smiled as Kappa gave his piece. "Excellent, my son. Now, for a second piece of business, the Blackthorne Lumberyard based in Knat has sent out a missive for a new bureaucratic assistant to handle monetary affairs. We will send you to handle this. The camp in question ventures near the Haunted Wood, which used to be part of the Sylvestrian Wood. The elvish magic is broken there, and might permit you entrance. Go forth my young one, we place our faith in you. May all the world's secrets be yours."

The gathering gave one last cheer before slowly dissipating as various gnomes went about their business.

Last edited:

Lotus

@TimTh33nchant3r
After a hearty breakfast, most of the grumbles and complains of the jacks at camp quieted and they went about the business of repairing the wall.

Regas and Camphor both entered the cook's tent as Wilhelm cleaned up.

Regas wore a hardened leather breastplate that was lined with fur that looked to be bear. His helmet was a decorated bearskull with a hinged jaw. "You about ready, Cookie? Killing beasts is a man's work. You'n ever kilt a beast?"

Camphor wore a silvery chainmail that bore mithril leaves that defined the armor as elven make. A pair of small crossbows rested over each hip, and an edged machete hung over his left shoulder. "Leave him be, Regas. Once a man makes a decision to risk his life, you shouldn't try to break his spirit. Sometimes spirit is all you've got." He tipped his feathered hat to Wilhelm. "Wilhelm, correct? I'm Camphor Roo, and this hairy beast is Regas Blackscythe. He might love to bark, but biting is his true calling." The young half elf laughs lightly. The elven blood coursing through his veins makes his voice musical, and his words dance to the ear.

"Whatever, knife-ear. I jes wanted to know what our cook can do before we 'ead out to slay a pack o' beasts that've claimed this territory as their own. An Alpha Worg is no thing to just shake a stick at, ya know."

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Valgen watched as the old drunk’s pick was lifted and brought down at the stone table. His large hand holding onto his beverage - refusing to let it drop as it’d be a sin to let a perfectly fine drink spill. His green eyes darted around the bar, making certain that Gregg didn’t have any allies. The only thing that held his attention was his favorite wench, Goldie, frozen in fear as the slab of stone slid towards her.

Taking a step forward, his large hand wrapped around her wrist, tugging her towards him and, hopefully, out of harm’s way.

“Gregg. I really don’t want to be doin’ this. For bein’ an adult, yer’ actin’ like a child. Ye’ve already broken enuff. Be a mahn! Apologize, pay the bar and we’ll call it even. Otherwise, the next thing that’s goin’ to be broken is yer’ face, arm and maybe a few ribs.”

Valgen’s face showed a mix of emotions. The most prominent one being pity for the poor bastard. After what he’d do, he’d be out of commission and that would mean no drinks and maybe even no food.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
The gnome thanked the Eldergnome and said his goodbyes to his family members. He would have to return to his workshop to prepare. He left the tower of tenebros thinking. Thinking about the tough task ahead of him. Thinking about ways to implement cloaking technology. And thinking about ways to weaponize cucumbers.

Kappa sat in his workshop as he took in the smell of oil and smoke. Pieces of metal and scrap lined a wall. Notes and half finished diagrams were thrown about desks and cabinets. He cleaned his furnace while gathering the things he would need. The workshop wasn't much to look at, but it was his. After he finished putting supplies into his large trusty backpack, and his pistol in its holster, Kappa locked up shop with a smile on his face. He set out towards the Blackthorne lumberyard. There was work to be done.

TimTh33nchant3r

Wilhelm just grinned cheerfully at the dwarf and said lightly, "Well, I'm not really much of a fighter at all; I just figured that someone had to do something. I can promise you that I can butcher and cook the beastie without poisoning us all though." The smiling, slim human picked up his woodcutting ax and hefted it over his shoulder as he added, "Plus, I know a bit of woodcraft that can cure the poison if I were to somehow mess up the cooking. You know, or if someone gets bitten, which is much more likely when you think about it."

Lotus

@Easy Opening scene: Outside the Grand Citadel just before noon.

Just outside the Knighting ceremony, several knights stood in wait to greet their fledgling fellows after the ceremony. A short man in splint and chain approached the group. "I hate to cut this party short, but there's a bit of an emergency in Northstarr. Word of some dark or invisible killer of mystical origins. I have papers here for a-" The blonde haired man reads the name on the scroll casing to himself before speaking it aloud. "Ser Gabriel La'Glan of the Phoenix."

The small gathering of men looked at Ser Gabriel in awe. "This must be a serious matter if they're sending a Phoenix.."

The short, squat man looks at the group of knights before him before stepping toward one who wore armor that brandished the Phoenix emblem. "Are you Ser Gabriel? I have this missive for you, m'lord."

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
"I am he." The knife-ear, in his red-and-gold plate bearing the Phoenix on the breastplate, didn't look friendly. What he did look was... well, serious. Serious, and big. Mostly big. Nearly six and a half feet high in his armor, he stood tall even for an elf, yet boasted a broadness of shoulder and well-developed musculature that even a human fighter might envy. Of course, such would be expected of a Knight of the Phoenix, especially one of his talent. It was just strange that he wore his hair so long; platinum-blond locks falling nearly to shoulder height, tied back to keep them out of his face.

Wordlessly, Ser Gabriel took the missive, and broke open the seal on it. Cold blue eyes flicked back and forth as he labored to read it, though the impassive expression on his face gave no hint as to his difficulty. Ser Gabriel was an exceptional fighter and rider, even among his company, but he'd hardly had much of what could be called a 'classical education'.

Lotus

@Easy
The missive details about a dark stalker murderer that is devouring the souls of elven folk around Northstarr.

No signs of harm can be found on any of the elves, except one obvious injury. Their eyes are sucked straight out of their sockets and are nowhere to be found. The death toll to this unknown murderer stands at 30 over the last month. One death every day. The people of Northstarr are growing in fear of this beast. Racial enmity is a growing concern. If this threat isn't discovered and dealt with, we fear war with the elves. If word spreads too far, we worry that panic will spread across Archades.

Ser Gabriel, you are to go immediately to Knat to discover if word has traveled that far yet. Take the newest Phoenix Knight with you. It'll be good for him to see how we operate first hand.

I realise that sending you puts you at great risk of being hunted by this beast, but know that this is on purpose. I have utmost faith that you will not become a victim of this racial hatred against your kind. May the Phoenix burn bright and turn your enemies to ashes.

Lady Phoebe, Knight Lord of the Phoenix

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Salah knelt with the rest of the squires upon the Empress' entry, silent despite being cloaked in shining full plate inlaid with veins of polished gold. Having no reason to believe he would again have the opportunity to address the Queen directly, he kept his handsome face bare and the pointed ears that betrayed his lineage uncovered by his hair, which was colored the rich brown of caramel. He remained silent as Mathas' attitude and actions both were met with reprimand from the Queen, but was thankful along with many others; as he was now, Black was a disgrace to the Knighthood, and she was right to refuse him entry. Hopefully, Salah thought, she would see his good intentions and dedication, and reward him. He steeled himself and stood, bowing his head to the Queen as he did before meeting her gaze. His eyes burned with a matchless fervor and desire for justice, as well as resolve stronger than the plate protecting him.

Noble and proud, his voice resonated throughout the Great Hall as he spoke. "Salah Saralis, your Majesty. I do not wish to be a knight for my own gain; my only desires are to protect the people of Arcadia, and ensure that justice is served throughout the realm - and brought to the furthest reaches of the world, should you will it. My blade has never erred before, in judgment or combat, and as a Knight of the Phoenix, I will fight tirelessly for the good of the realm and its citizens." His reason given, he waited for the Queen's verdict, unsure as to what life he would take up were he rejected. The sovereign knew already that he had the spirit of a knight, and refusing him would do nothing to quell it, merely force him to fulfill his dreams elsewhere.

Lotus

@ Tirin
"Another request for the Phoenix." The Queen cast a long glance over Salah and raised an eyebrow at him as she focused intently. "Such fervor and passion for Justice sounds like you'd do well among the Dragons. Tell me, why would you prefer the Phoenix, or, more correctly, why does the Phoenix deserve you more than the Dragon?"

Edited because the Queen cannot break the fourth wall...

Last edited:
Top Bottom