Let's Stop Forum Spam

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
After seeing multiple threads and discerning, perhaps with some difficulty, that the threads are spam I have decided that enough is enough. Spam is nothing new to forum boards but never has it been a welcomed thing. Personally I find it to be the most ineffective method of product advertisement. Seriously, if I wanted a product I wouldn't even consider purchasing it from a really shady company that uses spam as a marketing method.

Spam, how I despise thee. Spam is probably my pet peeve of the internet. So, when I say it finding its way onto my website, which is my pride and joy, it kinda pisses me off. In order to prevent more advertisers from trying to sell us muscle enhancers and male "performance" products I have implemented several anti-spam prevention systems. These vary from checking databases during registration to scanning a new users first few messages. Mach Entertainment is not and does not want to be a place for spam.

We ask that you, the user, please report any spam that makes it through the system. I still can't believe that you guys greet the spammers by name but don't report the post. Let's do our part of spam prevention.

Thanks guys and gals,
RECONmaster

P.S I hate spam.

Last edited:

Requiem

I guess spam is just second nature to us, really. We saw a lot of it and as long as it wasn't straight up applying a malware program just from viewing the thread, we were sorta conditioned to their presence. Seriously, it was that bad at URealms and a little bad at Geek2.

We can report the posts more though, sure.

Firedemon

It got to the point where it was funny and incorporated in forum lore honestly. 13th is actually a benevolent spam bot that posts interesting news stories. That's why we're kinda bad about it. I'll make sure I report it in the future.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe if the admins weren't so god damn lazy, there'd be less spam...

Also I should come on here more often, heh.

Top Bottom