Ended Lotus's TC Mafia, Clean up that Poop. [5/???] Ended : Genocide Run Complete [Poop Victory!]

Requiem

YOU WONT PULL IT OFF
Again, you keep acting like paying $50 bucks to a charity is difficult. If anything, the charity aspect of things makes me want to do it even more.

I don't have rent to pay for buddy. I got a sublease. My next two months are free from money obligations. Hell, I can make $50 be the only expense I pay for the months of June and July. I get fed, I have housing, and people at camp don't ask for gas money. There's literally no way $50 won't get sent your way for a charity to goat children.

Do it for the kids, TC.

Lotus

So I bought Undertale and viciously murdered Toriel. There was a glimmer of awkward sadness in how the MC is displayed in that act of murder, which was interesting.

After that...the encounters are dull..I actually find a bit of the music annoying...especially the combat music. Thankfully encounters are quick and easy and randoms are super rare. The game setup feels very Earthbound, which is okay, but...the puzzles are dull. One was color based and that was annoying. I'll eventually get around to finishing a playthrough of this game, but actually playing it is dull, where watching the danger squad play it was at least somewhat amusing.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I keep saying, genocide is boring. Until you get to certain fights it's not interesting, and it's only those parts which are interesting.

Requiem

You're really not supposed to play it for the puzzles. There are puzzles, but it's not a puzzle game. There are combat mechanics, but it's not a game focused on combat. It's about the story, really. If you find yourself not liking the music, that's not something I can defend since that comes down to opinion and preference.

And again, Coolpool, you're not supposed to actually want to play Genocide. That's the whole point of it. It's incredibly easy to kill everything, except for when it's incredibly hard. The game was designed to actively make you not want to complete the Genocide run.

Lotus

You're really not supposed to play it for the puzzles. There are puzzles, but it's not a puzzle game.
I get that, but these puzzles are here only for silly purposes. It almost feels like they're just there to add snippets of length to a game, kinda like the extra long hallways between places that are unnecessarily long and empty. I guess its just that I mainly play a game for its challenges, and there are none in this, at least none that require any skill, just trial and error, which gets monotonous.
It's about the story, really.
Shit yeah and RPG better be about the story, but alas, this story feels mostly just silly. Even the neutral and pacifist run TC did felt just silly to me. Just joke after joke after joke. I don't feel anything of substance or depth to really grip me as much as the hype says it should. It's just puzzle, joke, puzzle, joke, puzzle, joke, encounter, joke, puzzle.

I was hyped about it when Tim said it was supposed to be good. I even got into the Danger Squad's play of it, but it's just not for me. I'd rate it 1/10 at best. Maybe not even that.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
No I have a soul. There are some characters who I would never be able to bring myself to kill. That's the second reason why I won't do genocide.

Top Bottom