Ended Lotus's Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Mafia [Beastman Victory]

Lotus

I'm pretty sure that Shadow's game comes before mine, but I suppose that still puts me on-deck, so I'm opening up sign-ups for what will likely be my most complex, and yet least complex mafia game so far!

For those of you that don't remember my 8-bit mafia, it was awesome. It was far more role madness than this game (roles there ranged from 1 role power to 4 powers, and that's not counting passive abilities.) This Mafia, each role has 1 to 3 powers, though there is rumor of a super role that has far more powers as each day goes by...

This Mafia (TTGL) is more complex in that it has a table-top like element to it. Characters have stats, gain xp (Spiral power) and can grow and develop however their respective player determines.

Some changes from standard Mafia. Everyone on Earth knows the beastmen only attack at dawn, and must sleep at night to recuperate or they die. During the Strategy (Day) Phase, the players may discuss strategy and plan their attacks (Lynch). Lynching will also work very differently than typical Mafia games. Each character has LP (Lynch Points). Each lynch vote on a character counts toward this value. Yes, that means certain roles are /harder/ to lynch than others, and yes this is an attribute that can be increased with Spiral Power.

Secondly, LP determine how resistant to attack (Night) actions you are. Receiving an attack from a player will lower your LP, making you easier to Lynch the next night phase. That also means that people that have been targeted with multiple lynches in a day is easier to kill with an attack action. Not all roles have attack actions.

One other thing about phases, each phase will be 24 hours long, with the attack (Night) phase being shorter given that actions are received in a timely manner.

Other important stats: Power (the effectiveness of your Lynch Vote, and of your night actions), Speed (The order that night actions are determined to happen), Defense (your resistance to loss of LP), and Healing Factor (how quickly you recover lost LP) This amount of LP is recovered at the end of every night phase.

The two Factions in this game are Humanity (Town, or maybe Mafia) vs. Beastmen (Mafia, or maybe Town)

The Humanity Faction are creatures with Hexadecimal DNA that reacts with and generates spiral power. This faction starts the game with lower stats, but greater number and has the ability to grow in power the longer the game lasts.

The Beastmen Faction are beasts created by Lordgenome to prevent the humans from repopulating the Earth. They are powerful and mighty creatures that wield the power of Gunmen, but do not generate Spiral power, and thus do not grow in strength as the game rolls on. The beastmen also gather in Tepplin at night to converse and receive orders from Lordgenome himself.

Another feature of this game is that a few roles have Death Powers, and Roleclaim powers.
Death powers activate whenever that role dies, either via Lynch or during battle. Marvelous (or bad) things happen when these roles die. When a player with a role power comes up as dead, I will PM them that they can activate their role power.
Roleclaim powers: Only roles with Roleclaim powers may ever roleclaim. These powers activate and provide substantial bonuses (or penalties) once activated.

Roleclaiming rule : This means no stating your Role Name. You are 100% free to claim any power you have, but do not quote your role PM.

Memes..... : TTGL themed memes only, but only if you find that you must post a meme.

No doubleposting, obviously.

I have 15 roles crafted, and definitive room for more if necessary, but I've organized them from most crucial to least, so if I get less than 15 players, the game will still be balanced as intended.

Signed up list : [9 Humans, 6 Beastmen]
Lotus - GM
1. Rondait
2. Jeroth - Attenborough, the trigger happy gunner aboard the Daigurren!
3. Stealthy - The mascot of Team Daigurren!
4. Easy - Kamina, the leader of Team Daigurren!

5. Coolpool2
6. Requiem - Simon, the Digger!
7. Tirin - Yoko, the Sniper of Team Daigurren!
8. Shizno
9. Tag Ross
10. TimTh33nchant3r - Cytomander the Swift
11. Whitetiger
12. Firedemon - Nia Teppelin, Princess and Daughter of the Spiral King!
13. AndyM03
14. Rayeon
15. Walrus

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
"I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of those huge ears of yours and listen! The reputation of Mach Entertainment echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader - the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity - they're talking about me! The mighty Jeroth!"

/in

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I don't think I'm a good mafia player, but I can't turn down a TTGL themed game with interesting mechanics.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
RIIIIYYYYYYAAAANNNNT! COMBIIIIIIINE!!!

(Sp)in.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm down with waiting. FD's starting soon, right? Should be a very quick game.

Top Bottom