Mach Entertainment Town Hall

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Mod-Mayor Jeroth adjusted his sleeves, rolling them up as he glanced out from behind the curtain. From what he could tell, there were only two people waiting front and center. @Colonel Thunder and @Requiem

Great... TC for the politics and Req for the free food. Well.. Showtime.

Glancing in the mirror, he brushed down his dress shirt to seem... presentable. He hadn't had to appear on the forums since everyone switched to video calls, so it was a bit strange to be all dressed up.

The garbled speaker played out an older campaign track as he walked out, avoiding the dust. He gave a light wave and a smile that faded as yelling could be heard outside. Is Walrus just stuck outside via the restraining order from the court case?

Reaching for the bottle of water on the podium, he uncapped it and took a quick sip to clear his throat.

"Hi, Welcome to the Town Hall... all... well, two of you. Req, there's food on the side if you want some. Tyler, what questions d'ya have?" Mod-Mayor Jeroth lounged over the podium; his arms sprawled over it as he leaned forward, curious as to the questions he would ask.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The leather let out a dull squeak as RECONmaster leaned back in his chair. From the unlit balcony it was hard to tell but the hall below seemed scarcely occupied. On stage Jeroth was still waiting for someone to ask him a question. RECONmaster folded his arms behind his head and crossed his leg deciding to let the events play out on their own rather than intervene. As per his usual.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
"Hi, Mod-Mayor Jeroth," said TC, with much less zeal in the RPing aspect set forth by Jeroth, lest the high bar of well-written posts discourage other posters.

"I'd like to see an outline on what our taxes are going towards ever since you started taxing us last year. I've been a good citizen and handed over half my paycheck every month. But I'd like to know what programs I'm funding. Frankly, I'm disappointed that I didn't even hear about this tax plan during your campaign. I've only ever heard about it from Firedemon, whose new job as a tax collector didn't even need public approval for some reason. He keeps saying you'll make some formal announcement about it soon, but so far there's been zippo. What am I paying for?"

Firedemon

FD slowly cracks the main door open and attempts to casually walk over to the free food without drawing attention to himself. He only makes it halfway before the door loudly latches behind him as it hits the door frame, alerting anyone who didn't already catch his feeble attempt at stealth.

FD stops and stares blankly at the "crowd" for a moment, internally shrugs at the thought of them even caring, and continues on to the free food having missed TC's question entirely.

This is stealing, right? Yes, as long as I try to leave with some of it

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Mod-Mayor Jeroth gave a puzzled look at TC.

"Taxes? I haven't enacted any taxes." The gears turned in his head before suppressing his laugh into a wry smile. "TC. For a renowned blunderer and bamboozler, I think you're experiencing what most of us have. I never appointed Firedemon to the position of a tax collector. I think you're being hornswaggled. Flim Flammed. Bamboozled."

His eyes fell to the back of the room, noticing FD quietly making his way to the free food table.

Is... is it stealing? It's free food, so I can't really contest that he's not allowed to it, but I feel like a thief shouldn't be entitled to it.

"Any other questions?"

AndyM03

The Chernobyl fallout zone covered an area of roughly 2,600 km² (or 1,000 plebian square miles). Coincidentally, this was also the radius in which the fallout of Andy's driving could be heard from the Town Hall. A roaring engine was followed by the screams of countless innocents and broken streetlights as he drove towards the most important meeting of the year.

"Musn't be late", Andy muttered to himself. He had been MIA at the forums for quite some time, only making brief vain appearances to mention his MIA status. But today, he was a man of substance. A man with a mission. He was going to tickle Mod-Mayor Jeroth.

He pulled into the Town Hall car park, running over Regis the dog, and running over him again as he completed his reverse park. He hopped out of his car and made haste to the front doors. With a long, sharp breath, Andy opened the fabled gates and was immediately struck by the clear thievery being conducted by Firedemon.
"Fire!", Andy cried. "I didn't know you were Australian!!" He then rushed forward to give him a large bearhug.

Top Bottom