MachCast: Top 3 Badasses Posted!

What Podcasts Do You Most Want to See?

• List Thread Redux

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More "Forumer Spotlight" Interviews

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • GRR Style "Top 3" Lists

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Talking About Popular Show/Film (Rick and Morty, Something Marvel, Protomen etc)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Danger Squad Podcast (Talking About Vidya With the IRL Crew)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Special thanks to @Tirin and @Easy for guest-ing!

I uploaded the wrong audio file, so feel free to skip like a minute in to cut the small talk.

TC:
1) Jack Churchill
2) Ching Shih
3) Michael Malloy

Tirin:
1) Genghis Khan
2) Charles XII of Sweden
3) Simo_Häyhä

Easy:
1) Mas Oyama
2) Richard I of England
3) Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I vote TC for worst list.

Also, to clarify: drinking small amounts of antifreeze (more specifically, ethylene glycol), is not fine. Don't do it.

But if it does happen somehow, do actually get good and drunk. Ethanol (alcohol) acts as a strong competitive inhibitor to the stuff, preventing your system from breaking it down into its toxic metabolic end product. In fact, ethanol is the standard treatment hospitals and EMTs will use in cases of antifreeze poisoning - which is why it's actually not terribly surprising that some guys failed to kill an alcoholic by mixing antifreeze into his drink.

Still, pretty remarkable that the freezing thing didn't work.

Requiem

He meant on the lists, you jag!
It's been over a week now since that last podcast. I wasn't particularly interested in the lists, so with new activity showing up in this thread, I assumed he wanted more votes on what the next podcast should be about since it's more or less due time for a new one.

As for voting on the lists, eh.

Colonel Thunder

Remember when @Colonel Thunder used to be a humble radio jockey for 9 people and threw it away to be a Twitch Superstar for 10 people.
Laughed out loud at this. Truth.

Okay Jeroth, how's about you me and Tirin find a time to do a forum lore podcast? Y'all get predictable schedules the next few weeks?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Sounds pretty good to me. I'm free next Tuesday from 3-8pm EST, Wednesday from 3-12pm, and anytime after 2 on Thursday. I can make Friday or Saturday work, too, so long as we're scheduled beforehand.

Colonel Thunder

Hey hey now, this is going to be a multi-episode subject! Besides, we'll need an Honourable Justice to sign off on the forum lore. I doubt he'd do so without overseeing at least some of the process.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh please, like I'm gonna show up in my official capacity as a Right Honorable Justice and start personally correqting the press. No, thank you.

Colonel Thunder

Let me tell you the series of events that led to a Forum Lore Podcast not being posted tonight.

• Tirin, Jeroth, and I scheduled time today (which has taken months to pull off) to record the podcast. We show up to record it.
  • Just to be safe, I did a test run to make sure Audacity would record everybody's audio.
  • Audacity didn't work.
  • Did another test, using MP3 Skype Recorder.
  • It didn't work. Probably because Discord is not Skype but w/e.
  • Did another test, tried using OBS.
  • OBS didn't work.
  • Googled how to record conversations on Discord.
  • Internet suggests voicemeeter, download voicemeeter.
  • Installing voicemeter requires computer restart, I restart computer.
  • Microsoft runs updates for 20 minutes, then restarts computer.
  • Voicemeeter didn't work.
  • Looked up guide on getting Voicemeeter to work with Discord, followed instructions.
  • Voicemeeter didn't work.
  • Suggest we're gonna have to do this on Skype.
  • A windows update makes me have to re-download Skype.
  • Skype says it first needs to be downloaded on my Xbox One.
  • I do not own an Xbox One.
  • I have never used Skype on an Xbox One.
  • Further difficulties, give up on Skype.
  • Decide to use Discord, troubleshoot earlier problems.
  • Unplugging and replugging mic/headphones did not work. But now headphones can't be detected by voicemeeter.
  • Exit voicemeeter, restart it.
  • Voicemeeter detects no audio or recording voices, only offers several options of long incoherent code to choose from.
  • Error messages keep popping up, I close them as fast as can do.
  • Consult internet, no good advice found.
  • Decide to reinstall voicemeeter. Voicemeeter is mad I didn't uninstall first.
  • At this time, all of Discord for everyone in the server starts having issues.
  • I uninstall voicemeter, which is still linked to my Discord. Oops.
  • Voicemeeter needs my computer to restart to fully uninstall before reinstalling.
  • Fuck that, let's just make Skype work.
  • Try to tell Jeroth and Tirin that shit is fucked, I'll have to figure out how to download Skype.
  • They respond but I hear no sound.
  • The volume on my computer is at 100.
  • Test YouTube videos, no sound comes out of my computer.
  • I check recording and playback devices on my computer.
  • The settings are empty of all audio systems on computer
  • Get sad, tell Jeroth and Tirin we have to cancel.
  • Meanwhile, everyone in Discord talking about how the server is having massive issues.
  • I am very clearly the problem.
  • I begin to restart my computer.
  • Get BSOD
  • Computer restarts while I sob and make Blooky dinner.
  • Sound works fine now.
  • I haven't opened Voicemeter, Skype, or Discord yet.
  • MFW I got off work two hours early to record the podcast, and instead spent 2.5 hours trying to stabilize my computer.
  • My name is TC and fuck my life.

Top Bottom