MachCast: Top 3 Badasses Posted!

What Podcasts Do You Most Want to See?

• List Thread Redux

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • More "Forumer Spotlight" Interviews

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • GRR Style "Top 3" Lists

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Talking About Popular Show/Film (Rick and Morty, Something Marvel, Protomen etc)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Danger Squad Podcast (Talking About Vidya With the IRL Crew)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I can do Friday, just name a time.

For the first episode I'm thinking just Jeroth and I. Later episodes will expand to more guests and topics and things, but right now I'm thinking we should keep it pretty simple. You're time will come soon, Req bby.

@Jeroth Any particular subjects you wish to discuss? I'm thinking we'll keep things pretty loose and light-hearted since this is experimental and all. I have a couple ideas of what to talk about (mafia renaissance, how you came to be a part of the community, etc) but I'm open to suggestions.

Requiem

mafia renaissance
how RP & mafia boomed
I brought mafia to the forums way back when. Not like I created it or anything, so I'm not trying to act special, but if this is gonna be a big topic of the night, it'd be nice to be there for it. I think I have a nice side to the history of the game in our community that I haven't really gotten to tell people about.

I'm not gonna be around come June and July though, so oh well I guess.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I brought mafia to the forums way back when. Not like I created it or anything, so I'm not trying to act special, but if this is gonna be a big topic of the night, it'd be nice to be there for

You did? I remember that I started the clubhouse mafia games and managed the subforum.

Requiem

Yeah, pretty much right when I got onto URealms, maybe a month in I made the first mafia game. It was URealms themed, there was a Paladin (cop), a Wizard (Doctor), the mafia were Sorcerers, and there was a Familiar as a Traitor role. As far as I can remember, because again this is almost ten years ago (jesus christ), the game was a Town win and pretty much no one here now played in that first game, I don't think. That or the game ended with inactivity because all of the players gave up. They were mainly randos, I think. I don't remember any of them ever getting Adventurer.

When exactly did the clubhouse get put into place? Because I know I left the forums for a little while right before it started and came back pretty much right when it ended.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
When exactly did the clubhouse get put into place?
Whenever I got adventurer. So I want to say 2006-ish? I just know it was when we all used msn instead. I knew Mael and he got me into TTGL, so around then. When adventurers got to be bigger and Rob wanted to reward them. Since the adventurers were cool and not complete dummies like the other forumers, we started Mafia in the clubhouse. Then we ended up getting our own subforum. I think wolfy or I started the waiting list.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Whenever I got adventurer. So I want to say 2006-ish? I just know it was when we all used msn instead. I knew Mael and he got me into TTGL, so around then. When adventurers got to be bigger and Rob wanted to reward them. Since the adventurers were cool and not complete dummies like the other forumers, we started Mafia in the clubhouse. Then we ended up getting our own subforum. I think wolfy or I started the waiting list.
I remember that I did a game of pokemon mafia in the clubhouse and it was hot shit that everyone loved. That was the start of the mafia boom in Urealms where everyone wanted to host.

Requiem

Interesting. I don't think it was 2006 though because I didn't get to URealms until about a year later. Got Adventurer a month after joining and then pushed to get the CG&N board created because mafia didn't really fit anywhere on the forum.

I'm not saying it didn't get bigger in the clubhouse, but the first game and the creation of CG&N started with that thread and went on from there, that's all.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'm not saying it didn't get bigger in the clubhouse, but the first game and the creation of CG&N started with that thread and went on from there, that's all.
I mean, you definitely influenced CG&N, but I never saw mafia on the forums before then and it still went on to be a thing when I made my first clubhouse game, which got the ball rolling and started a subforum for the game.

Top Bottom