Continuous Mafia Sign-Ups & Discussion Mega Thread

AndyM03

Is anyone lining up to host a game after TC poopfest?
Otherwise I'll start planning a World War I themed mafia. Will probably be Vanilla roles but role madness victory conditions. Unless I think of a better theme haha.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm working on a RWBY Mafia that I'm hoping is gonna be the tits.

Last edited:

AndyM03

Considering just making a vanilla mafia.
I'm working on a RWBY Mafia that in hoping is gonna be the tits.
How keen/close to completion are you guys? Cause i'm not too picky, I'm in the middle of exams right now. What order are we feeling? Wouldn't mind a pure vanilla game from Req after a bit of chaos, but that's if he's keen enough to go right after TC's poop.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm just at the stage of basic mechanics: everybody's got Attack, Defense, Aura, and HP stats.

Damage taken = your attack - their defense. HP is very small compared to Aura, which gets depleted before HP; in the somewhat unlikely event that anybody winds up losing all Aura but still at full HP, they can still talk but they can't lynch.

Any missing HP, no voice or vote; effectively dead. Overkilled hard enough to deplete all HP or more: actually dead, and extra Grimm spawn next Twilight phase.

Grimm will take the place of an Independent faction, and (individually) attack randomly after Night phase is over but before Day phase begins - in a dedicated "Dusk" phase, so you can choose to attack Grimm instead of players during Night phase, and thereby decrease the chance of getting damaged by them that Night.

Additionally, everybody (with one exception) gets a Semblance, a role ability which costs a varying amount of Aura to use.

It may seem sorta convoluted right now, but it should all make pretty perfect sense once it's all laid out and you get that role PM.

But as for how far along I am with ensuring that, the bulk of the number-crunching and balancing work has yet to be done, and there's gonna be a lot of it required to make this a fair, fun, and reasonably intuitive kind of game. Additionally, I've gotta put real hard thought into whether I'll be able to avoid major spoilers while I do all this, or whether to just drop that pretense and operate under the assumption that anybody who cares to watch the show would have just done so already. (Anybody has any input re: personal preference, for this, please feel free to chip in here so I have a better idea of what to work towards.)

And I'll also want to come up with a better solution for making sure show-watchers don't have any extra advantage over non-viewers - something I think I did pretty well for One Punch Mafia, but can't necessarily replicate here, - besides just giving all the role info away from the get-go.

Long story short:
There's a lot of work to be done on my end, and my ridiculous work schedule hardly even allows for that kind of effort until my contract is over in a couple of weeks. So yes, right now is definitely a good time to run another game instead, especially if it's something simple and classic like some good ol' vanilla.

Edit: Also, high probability of future "PWPY Mafia" would probably make it worth running the RWBY game on its own, let alone how fun I think the actual game itself could be.

Last edited:

AndyM03

Sounds like it'll go Req->Me->Easy depending how quick Req's game goes for.
I've started writing down Roles and i'm very excited for my game now haha.

Shadow

Banned
So umm...

I have the framework for a Deadpool mafia that I wrote up a while ago but never finished. I may consider finishing it if I can find a way to make literally all of the roles other than Deadpool not completely suck.

I would need at least 9 players, but it would be much better if I could get like 12 or 13.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
NO MAN, ME FIRST NIGGA.

Shadow

Banned
NO MAN, ME FIRST lovable black man, who is my friend.
Believe me, it's gonna take a while to fix this game. Mostly because I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to consistently invest into it.

Like, both yours and Andy's games will finish before I'm done, probably.

Dunsparce

Thanks Jeroth and Easy for signing up to my Naruto game, but if I can't get more than two players in 24 hours, that probably doesn't bode well. Maybe I'll hold on to the roles I wrote up for later. Oh well.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
No it's the rp I'm working on and university. My second cosplay project is on hold for a while.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
No it's bad and I plan on redoing it eventually. Also not really the place to discuss this.

Top Bottom