Mayoral Debate Thread: The Happening

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
When I get home I can release the books Tirin has requested.

In the meantime, are there any other candidates in this debate thread, or are Tirin and I the only ones running?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Of course, TC is giving himself plenty of time to go ahead and cook those books up so that he doesn't look like a filthy, thieving crook. I bet the tax man isn't ever gonna see the real ones, never mind us.

Colonel Thunder

Mayor Tirin, I value the opinions of all forumers equally. Everyone here is included in my council, as we all ring something to the table. Even Dunsparce has done more to promote community growth than yourself the past several months! (Don't let him call you a deplorable, @Dunsparce !)

I criticized your assumptions about how the Twitch platform works. I did not criticize your monetary contributions, my friend. (It is the only area of your forum life that I have observed as "generous".) But I can't blame you for shifting to a different topic since you are rather lost here. My Patreon account has no forumers supporting it as you have incorrectly assumed (again!) and I do not see why my Twitch viewers' donations to my stream have you concerned. All donations received by the stream fund are put back into the stream through the purchasing of new games and equipment.

To your second point, Danger was restored very quickly after the outage caused by an automatic software update that StreamLabs has since apologized for. The Danger has been back for almost a week now, as I have stated multiple times.

pic.PNG

I am glad to hear that your economics plan is working well in the RP board, despite your recent complaints in Discord that you were struggling with your economics assignments.

Are there any more attacks on my character that we would like to discuss? Or can we stop wasting the forum's time and begin working to benefit our community?

@Requiem . You have been increasingly active the past few months despite a new job, and you have always striven for community growth. You deserve a good mayor to support your efforts. What are you looking for in a Mayor this election?

Requiem

Good looks. Cute, but doesn't try to be beautiful. Doesn't have time for love because he's busy getting everything else right. Altogether not looking for power at all, but still the right man for the job nonetheless.

Coolpool. I'm looking for Coolpool.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Frankly, TC - aside from how evidently those books were cooked, I was referring much more solidly to the books surrounding your stream and Patreon, which you still have (unsurprisingly) not released. Further, I resent the implication that I was "struggling" with my economics assignments; I was merely despondent at having to spend valuable time doing them when I could be doing something much more appealing, like working towards the betterment of this fine community or drinking myself partway to death.

You have failed to promote significant growth (outside of your friend group); you have failed to improve the like economy, one of our most historically-relevant issues. Instead you criticize a man who has done both and acted as an immensely capable and fair moderator - sorry, make that two such men, considering both @Jeroth and I are running. You should be ashamed.

Colonel Thunder

My books are undergoing a routine audit, and I see no one aside from yourself asking that they be released.

I apologize for misunderstanding your complaints about your assignments. However, I hope you understand that the mayor will need to be involved in such humbling work if they wish to be a good public servant and delve into the weeds of public policy. Your two-term record of opting for self-destructive drinking over building this community will come to an end this election.

I have brought more members to this community than any others have in recent years, my private ventures have seen continual growth, I have created more engaging threads and content than any of the candidates running, I have the most likes out of any forumer (1000 more than yourself), and am more active than anyone else on an ongoing basis.

I would hardly say you've been an immensely capable and fair Mayor, and even your record of moderating is suspect to minor abuses. You can dispute these claims all you want, or perhaps crawl into a crooked dimension where they are false. But that won't change what the polls say now and what Election Day will finalize - the people want you gone.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm alright with the people wanting me gone, for the purpose of democracy is to represent the will of the people - but not if that replacement is someone with a record of massive historical incompetence, skewed self-prioritization, and clearly cruel and heartless ambitions. I will gladly put in the work and, in fact, have plans to for the post-exams period whether I am still mayor at that time or not.

I am one of the greatest proponents and prosecutors of our civil (or civil-ish) Forum Court and any who would challenge my record of moderating on Mach is kidding themselves; for the most part I am the first and best line of defense against untold hordes of spambots and reported content, and evaluate things as objectively as possible when taking punishments into consideration. Of course - I suppose I could be more fair by looking into reports you have received, candidate Tyler. Given your extensive criminal history (as compared with my near-flawless one) and documented corruption in said Forum Court, I would reconsider your approach in this regard.

I've also, of course - and would readily admit - that I prioritize my education above the building of this community, as shown by the massive value I have been receiving and will continue to receive from it with posts such as "I'm going to be going to fucking Princeton" or "I won a massive scholarship". Furthermore, I am working on improving our forum's like economy from the ground up in the hopes of improving like ratios and raw numbers, and thus engagement. The RP board is seeing massive activity, as are dozens of threads, and we have an active population engaged in the democratic process at all levels.

Tell me again how I've failed as mayor, because I just don't see it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
My first election was a long, long time ago - enough so that I am legitimately not sure when it occurred, but it was on Urealms and I had to take it up from Wolfy, himself a great mayor.

I negotiated with Rob as well as I could, despite his being an extremely unreasonable and shitty admin. I saw us through the moves from Urealms to Geek2 after 9/11 and Geek2 to Mach after the Pizza Party and Raining Blood incidents, when both of those previous homes became obviously unsustainable. I created a temporary forum to protect us if the time came that we had to get the fuck out and had nowhere to go. I've preserved and reposted threads such as Fantasy Nations (in which myself, Easy, and Stoney effectively acted as joint GMs) after the move and done what I can to keep roleplaying alive despite our relatively small community. I've successfully prosecuted a number of forumers in court with only one failed case (which was at an extremely high standard for evidence), and ensured that forum crime has remained low despite the high population of savages and Australian savages. And I got re-elected because the people were happy with me (or at least more satisfied than they were with the other candidates), and I hope they still are.

But what else, you might ask? I created and administrate the first Mach Discord, which sees an assload of activity and which you yourself have used while playing Jackbox games. And, to top that off: per postcount and likes I am the third most active member of this forum (and have a steadily improving like ratio). If we go just a little further to right now, you'll see that - shocker - I've been one of the most engaged candidates and done everything I can to ensure that our voting ends up going smoothly. I've also recently made some of the posts with the most likes in... jeez, probably the history of this forum, with 10 and 11 in the Forumer Chat Thread.

Do I have regrets? Have I made mistakes? Of course; I won't deny that I don't create a lot of threads, because I don't think I have a lot of good ideas for them. I'm not good at recruiting people because most of my real life friends aren't really interested in forums, nor are most of the other communities I'm involved in. Sometimes I get inactive if I'm busy as fuck with school or other projects. But in the coming months I'll have more time than ever to post and grow this forum and community, and that's what I intend to do. Already have some ideas for alt-history forum lore - actually inspired by your Legends of the Great War, so thanks for that.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'd like to add, by the way - that isn't all of my accomplishments, just the ones that I felt were most relevant.

Lumpy

-You failed to negotiate with Rob.
-You "oversaw" some of the most destruction this community has ever known, twice over.
-You failed to divide the community with your unsuccessful forum.

I mean, should we even read the rest, Tirin? Because I, for one, didn't and won't.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
-You failed to negotiate with Rob.
-You "oversaw" some of the most destruction this community has ever known, twice over.
-You failed to divide the community with your unsuccessful forum.

I mean, should we even read the rest, Tirin? Because I, for one, didn't and won't.
-Everyone failed to negotiate with Rob and I did a better job than most.
-I was not the cause of that destruction either time and we managed to find salvation.
-I never advertised that forum to anyone beyond a potential backup for us to hide in and put threads if Danny went apeshit again. It was fortunately never necessary because we came here instead.

Certainly worth reading the rest, though. It's pretty great.

Lumpy

See, that's your problem, Tirin. You're all excuses and no action. It's time for change.

Requiem

To be fair, Danny found Mach, started talking with them, I started exploring it, made an account, then asked Recon about possibly moving everyone over here since things were going haywire at Geek2.

It wasn't all me, but we didn't move here to Mach until a lot of different things happened, one of which was me saying, "Hey guys, let's check this out" and then Danny told us to just switch and it happened.

Top Bottom