[Meta] Vocal Mayoral Debate

Elliot

Confirmed Robot
Hey folks! First of all I want to make it clear that no debate whatsoever is to take place in this thread. Rather, this thread is for organizing and discussing the vocal debate which will take place on Thursday, 5th April, at 10:00 PM (EST) at the Wolfy News Network Headquarters. Candidates, please show up early if you can so that we can start right on time. Members of the public are welcome to attend and ask questions, although only those participating in the debate will be permitted to speak. Don't worry if you can't make it, though; I'm gonna do my best to moderate this thing with the help of my assistant Craig and have a recording released shortly thereafter, but I don't actually know a ton about recording so keep that in mind.

Members of the public, please send in any questions you'd like the candidates to answer! You can send questions for all the candidates, or for individual candidates. You can post them publicly here in this thread for other members of the public to "like", or you can send them privately if you'd like to remain anonymous.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I should be able to do this Thursday evening; before then is a no-go while I finish up the last of my work for the semester and I absolutely, 150% cannot do Friday. Saturday or Sunday should work, though.

Walrus

An opportunity for vocal debate has been long awaited by the Nostalgia & Games Party. I will happily engage with my peers in this election Thursday evening, as early as 6:00 PM Eastern Time.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
An opportunity for vocal debate has been long awaited by the Nostalgia & Games Party. I will happily engage with my peers in this election Thursday evening, as early as 6:00 PM Eastern Time.
I am also free this Thursday evening, probably around 7:30 PM.

I know Candidate @Colonel Thunder is free around 10:00 PM EST, probably.

BlookyHannah

Thursday in lieu of stream is okay with me and candidate TC.

Walrus

Due to work obligations, I try to go to bed on Thursdays between 10 PM and 11 PM eastern, so I'd prefer starting as early as possible (which sounds like 10 PM Eastern for TC and Blooky; I can try to take a pre-debate nap to compensate, and would hope that the debate does not continue to midnight)

Last edited:

Elliot

Confirmed Robot
Once again, the debate is taking place tomorrow no later than 10:30 EST at WNN Headquarters (discord link in the OP). Attend live if you can! This event is open to the public, and we are still taking questions from citizens and members of the press who deserve to have their voices heard and their questions answered.

The event will also be recorded and posted here as soon as possible, but there may be a slight delay on that; if you're listening live, you'll get the news right when it happens.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I would like to add, in text, an addendum to what I said at the end - even though this is before the actual debate has been released.

Thank you, Wolfy, for taking the time and effort to sponsor and host this debate, thank you forumers who take the time to listen to all of us jabronis, and if any of you would like to hear my opinion on something or just to talk, my PMs (or DMs on Discord) are open anytime.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Thank you, Wolfy, for taking the time and effort to sponsor and host this debate, thank you forumers who take the time to listen to all of us jabronis, and if any of you would like to hear my opinion on something or just to talk, my PMs (or DMs on Discord) are open anytime.
I concur with what Tirin had said. It was a fantastic time and Moderator Wolfy did a great job to put this together.

Also, enjoy this meme.

MachDebate.jpg

Requiem

(Kind of a) Point by point response:

"blooky of the ass eating party"

*laughter*

Pure gold.

2. The like economy. Likes are good, but what about the message economy? You only get big numbers if you post more. Just liking stuff isn't enough, even if it's a nice thing to do. If you can't post in other people's topics, then make topics of your own.

We need to get them message number up, yo. That's where the real action is. Likes don't do as much as other things in this economy. It's not enough for people to be "around" and saying they're present, but to never post, make topics, or get involved if they're just doing likes. But yeah, just saying, likes aren't enough and focusing on those won't go as far as some people might think.

3. Innovation, activity, getting back old members, finding new members, and TC discussing his failures: let's be reqless and fail often.

Hm. But seriously, yeah, people need to do shit and just be active and make whatever they wanna make, but "making" is the goal, even if the things we make don't work out. This also goes with past candidate content creation. Nice shit everyone. Failing isn't bad, it's necessary. But yeah, more shit. Let's make more shit.

4. Just a side note in relation to mafia stuff and because I think people won't now think I'm lying when I say this (that's kinda what happened last time. Maybe not lying, but yeah, trying to take credit), Jeroth definitely did strong Mafia stuff and more or less made it what it is, no doubt, but CG&N didn't exist until I made a mafia game and asked 0corn where it needed to go and told him maybe a new section of the forum could be made for stuff like mafia. Mafia hadn't been really big on the forum when I first joined in late 2007, before the Adventurer's Clubhouse, and my first game wasn't anything too huge, but yeah, it wasn't there until I helped get CG&N made. Not trying to steal or take any credit or anything like that, it doesn't really matter, but that's the history of things. Seriously, that isn't me trying to steal anything from Jeroth, his work with mafia was important and it's part of our identity as a community, for sure. I'm just super, super trying to make that clear as the last time I brought this up, it came off poorly and not as I intended.

5. I don't have a lot to say on us being better now than we were before. We definitely are. We're all getting less toxic, I would have to agree. It's one of those things I appreciate about us. We're doing better and we'll keep doing even better as days go by.

6. DnD Stats:

Yeh boi, one of my questions. This is just fun, so I don't feel the need to remark on each response. Suggest listening if you haven't already.

Actually, one highlight: TC. Definitely listen to TC's answer because oh boy, he tried to clean up something, literally.

7. Aussies: keep them out of here, dey tukk arr jerbs

But nah, let them run and work in the government, boyos. Let Andy be a good boi.

8. Community organizer - Definitely needs to be a thing, but doesn't have to be just the mayor's job. Definitely, utilize the people in the community and their strengths. They shouldn't be "mods" or anything like that, but as we grow, it would be smart to use the people we know can do things that help. Does it need to be a title? Probably not at all, but we can definitely do a good job of building each other up and saying, "This is what you have proven yourself to be good at, let's find a way to get your more involved in that." The goal is the content they can create and building them up to more confidently make that content.

Maybe not have them be "community organizer" or anything like that, but yeah, having the Mayor push to try and organize stuff and/or putting people together and encouraging them to organize stuff on their own would be a good idea, whether they got a fancy name or not (and I'm inclined for them to definitely not get a fancy title, but yeah).

9. What will you do when you lose?

Good question. More or less, everyone is gonna do what they've been doing. Go, everyone, you rock. Also, oooh, some sassiness in the answers to this question!

10. Walrus saying "you will always be mayor if you've been elected mayor before." No.

11. What meme encapsulates you and your campaign? Another one of mine. It was supposed to be memes overall, but yeah, some good answers! TC for Serial Killer Villain 2018. Move over Tim!

12. Songs. Smooth jazz. I'd love for hour long youtube uploads so that we can archive moments in Forum History and go back to them whenever we want. But yeah, open it up to the community.

13. Who would you endorse besides yourself? Interesting choices.

14. What would the forum look like as a physical place? Too bad Blooky went first, there's a lot of lore behind the idea that was in others' answers, so it would have been nice to see her build off those answers. Fair to have her be entirely uncolored by other people's answers.

15. Take every opportunity to eat some ass. Yes. Yes, queen. Slay. Do the wiki, yeah man. Tabletop Simulator, let's do it. Create content, yes. Then we hear ass eating happen on stream. Nice. TC was making some great points before the ass eating ;) Overall, everyone seems to be agreeing, we need to do what we're doing and build ourselves up more. Focus inwards, then grow outwards.

But yeah, good shit everyone.

Lumpy

Who left/was re-educated to have made the community less toxic? Dunsparce is literally still here.

Quite honestly, I don't think we've ever had a "toxic" community. But I'd say people seem to hold more "toxic" views here than ever, and a running joke of ours is whether or not traps are gay. (Trap, by the way, is a pretty offensive term to many trans people)

I just found this a strange thing to say is all.

Take every opportunity to eat some ass. Yes. Yes, queen. Slay. Do the wiki, yeah man. Tabletop Simulator, let's do it. Create content, yes. Then we hear ass eating happen on stream. Nice. TC was making some great points before the ass eating ;) Overall, everyone seems to be agreeing, we need to do what we're doing and build ourselves up more. Focus inwards, then grow outwards.

BAM!

Last edited:

The Hound

Just Monika
I think by less toxic req means we're less likely to ever have a forum meltdown again. Plus I'd say a lot of forumers here have matured a bunch (especially myself) which leads to a less toxic environment.

Dunsparce excluded obviously.

As for the traps being gay thing even that's less toxic than previous memes like DC;HA or and I loath to even bring this one up but N-wordF-word.

We're improving I'd say.

Lumpy

Nah, the toxic thing was about transphobia or something. Again, I don't think this community has ever been defined by it's transphobia, but I'd say it's more transphobic at this moment than at any other. Particularly with how widespread the "Are traps gay?" meme has become these days. Where is our progressive candidate willing to take a stance against the bigotry creeping into this forum?

AndyM03

for fellow late listeners timestamp 1:43~ish for the first glorious Canadian aboot (about)

Top Bottom