Minor Tweaks | Plz donate bby

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Over the course of the day, I've put in a few minor tweaks. Most of them revolve around the way ads are displayed and fixing features of our donor system. Oh I bet you didn't see this coming...

It is at this time that we would like to humbly ask that our users try to offset the costs of the server with a few generous donations every now and then. I've done a lot of work to try to minimize our costs and I'll be completely honest with you. It only costs $30 a month to keep the server running. That's not bad, but we have a yearly license costs too that while only yearly (Uh.... duh) are actually still pretty substantial.

I understand that the community hasn't seen a lot of activity lately. Maybe it's because things are too peaceful, perhaps there aren't enough engaging posts; It could even possibly bee that everybody got a life and moved on (Is it really possible?) but the forums are still here and I hope to make this a resource that will always be here. It may be a small community but its kinda like a home away from home, but on the internet. So, it would be kinda cool to keep this place.

That being said, donors get the usual range of perks that I've advertised before but I'll reiterate them again because I recently reimplemented them (They were lost in the move. Which one? Pffft, like we'll ever know?) and I need to inflate my ego. Any donors who give any amount will no longer receive ads for a month from donation. The minimum donation has been lowered to $2. It used to be $5 because of Paypal's way of eating a large portion of small transactions. You'll also get a little tag under your name that will say "Donator" so that you can inflate your own ego as well. These things might take a bit of time from donation to activate. If they don't work though, feel free to rage at my inbox and I'll give you a hand.

Forrest Gump said:
That's all I have to say about that.
Now, I'll mention a bit more about tweaks. The maximum width of the forum was increased to allow a larger sidebar. This, in turn, allows us to use a new ad format. Since we like to be tasteful, we have made the necessary tweaks to assure that only two ads are displayed per page. Also, ads no longer show on searches, 404 pages and a bunch of other miscellaneous pages where they could be mistaken for actual content (as per Google's requirements.)

There were also some other tweaks here and there that you'll have to find on your own.

Happy Hunting and thank you in advance for any donations or even seriously considering donating.

P.S There's a typo in this post that made me chuckle so I left it in there. Feel free to point it out if you've got snarky commentary or dank memes to follow it up with.

Dunsparce

Turning off Adblock on this site is the most charitable thing that I have, or will ever do.

Ghostery is a different story.

Top Bottom