Monster Hunter: World

13thforsworn

So I don't know anything about this game but I bought it on a whim because three of my other friends got it for PC. Anyone else playing?

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The steam reviews on it seem to say that the port has some performance issues and lacks a couple of graphics options that PC gamers are used to (like turning off motion blue) can I get confirmation? Steam reviews can be written by absolute morons who don't know what they're talking about.

Zircom

The steam reviews on it seem to say that the port has some performance issues and lacks a couple of graphics options that PC gamers are used to (like turning off motion blue) can I get confirmation? Steam reviews can be written by absolute morons who don't know what they're talking about.
yeah I waited a year to buy it on PC and I'm very disappointed. The first couple hours are nothing but cutscenes and tutorials, for fucks sake this is like the 4th MH I've played let me skip this shit. The co-op is janky as well, doesn't let you group up unless everyone in the group has seen certain cutscenes/on same part of the quest, and constant disconnects and errors trying to group up. mouse controls are complete shit, instead of actually implementing proper support they just put it in as a simulated joypad stick and so there's a deadzone. turn limiting smoothing/mouse acceleration...it's not great

13thforsworn

My Monster Hunter experience so far:

Unintuitive UI
Frequently crashes
Have yet to finish a quest where a party member didn't drop connection
Weapon controls on keyboard/mouse are clunky and very
frustrating

Don't buy this game.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Okay this sounds awful. I'll wait on it until they patch it better or catch it on a sale so steep it won't hurt to write it off. Sad, looked like a great game to have fun with some friends, maybe someday though.

Salsy

I've had no problems myself as far as tech issues. Honestly, I never understood why people care for mouse/keyboard on a game made for controllers for years, but i guess that must suck. Never played multiplayer but from what I've heard, it sucked to group on consoles too, so at least they didn't make it worse.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I got it for console way back when, played it for about a week until Kingdom Come: Deliverance came out and I haven't touched it since. I should really go back and finish it since it was really fun.

Salsy

Not even high rank yet but having a lot of fun solo.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Got to try the game using a friend's Steam account and I have to say that it's actually pretty damn fun. Performance wise it's doing just fine, after I patched in SK:MHW. Was running solid 60 with high-ish settings. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself. I can't be sure how long it will hold my interest but for now it's fun and I'm now seriously considering picking it up now that my suspicions of performance and stability (at least for me anyways) have been nullified.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
My game runs super well. I hit 60fps consistently and I never crash. Also if you guys ever see me hunting feel free to join my session.

Lumpy

I had some strange artifacting going on in the main hub area the first day, but haven't noticed anything since. The game seems to run fine other than that.

Top Bottom