Monsters and Misfits OOC

What sort of rules do you want.

• Total voters

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Going to make a quick retcon and say that the ship caught some really good winds and is making great speed, so the trip has only been a couple days or so. Because in retrospect it makes absolutely no sense that no one has introduced themselves to anyone this entire time.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
This is what the horned lady looks like by the way. Kind of glad I finally get to use her in something.
54738938_p0.jpg

Zapy97

Is it too late to join?
Also are objects enchanted with a life force fair game.

Dunsparce

Is it too late to join?
Also are objects enchanted with a life force fair game.
Hopefully your punctuation will improve by the time you start posting. Also, you should join the unofficial and significantly more popular Discord server, 'cause that's where most of the RP discussion takes place, aside from the RPs themselves.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Sorry if I'm still super horrible at plot hooks. But I still want to keep the rp board from dying completely, so I'll give it my best shot. Although I would like to know. What is everyone's character's goal? What do you want to do? What sort of stuff would you like to see? That would be appreciated. Oh and I guess I'll be slowly putting in more lore that your characters would probably know in the OP. But here it is so you don't have to look for what's new.

Currency:
Three standard world currencies for different regions. Some minor ones.
-Gil: The standard currency of the Giras Confederation, used mainly on the Giras continent.
-Yact: A currency generally used among the islands, but also serves as a standard currency used between merchants and traders.
-Bullion: The currency of Corcas. Widespread, but easy to forge and annoying to carry around in large amounts.

Presence/Auras:
Whether people call it killing intent, presence, or an aura, sometimes some people give off a powerful air about them. Those who have the right experience can use this to detect the presence of others. Those will strong abilities can often hide their presence from others while not in combat.

It can also be possible to discern a creature's race from their presence if one is skilled enough. Each race gives off a unique aura, but all creatures classified as "outsiders" give off an identical aura. Thus it is impossible to differentiate an angel, demon, god, or devil from another type of outside purely from their aura.

Clerics:
The touch of divinity is shown through the window to the soul.
There are mortals who are chosen by gods to be their servants, or those who have forged pacts with the gods. Such people are often referred to as clerics. Such people are easily recognizable by their eyes. A cleric will have the pupil of one eye branded with the sigil of the god they serve. Similar to how angels have both of their eyes branded.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Oh I forgot to include that I added this to the timeline. All this stuff isn't really that important, but more just general bits of the world lore. Feel free to skip it over.

-385 years ago: Birth rates begin to take a sharp dive, greatly hurting amount of youth in the population. World at large becomes panicked. Church suspects that something has happened to the goddess of fertility Ris as clerics stop receiving divine signals from her.

-71 years ago: Birthrates begin to slowly stabilize back to normal levels over the next several decades. The cause is unknown, as no individuals have received any divine intervention from Ris.

Dunsparce

What is everyone's character's goal?
Saya's goal is a little hard to put into words. Basically, she wants to become a "person" while being a fundamentally impersonal being. She wants to be sincere, even though she's a being that thrives on deception. Saya latches on to seemingly random things to attach to her personality, like being Azureoth's minion. She's grasping at straws looking for something to base an identity on, but she's also able to drop the act in an instant if she needs or wants to.

I realize that's probably not the kind of answer you were looking for. I think you wanted a more concrete answer that you can write around. Basically, Saya's going to continue working with Azureoth and Gilgaloth for as long as she arbitrarily whims it.

What do you want to do?
I like the idea of Saya being an accidental agent of chaos. Partly because of her lack of social awareness, and partly because she likes to do what ever she deems "fun," she's already had a chaotic influence on the story. I can see her doing lots of strange and inappropriate things that would have a drastic and unpredictable effect on the story.

What sort of stuff would you like to see?
Another question I don't have a concrete answer to. Honestly, I don't think the particulars of the story matter too much, as long as there actually is a story to react to.

Top Bottom