NHL Hockey Talk

The Hound

Just Monika
I don't get why the Sabres would make that trade, "Yea lets trade for that guy who was unhappy playing for an under performing small market team, he'll be a perfect fit for our under performing small market team."

I saw this comment today which made me laugh, it went something like "The Sabres will really regret this trade if Myers turns into a Charasaurus Rex."

Shadow

Banned
So the LA Kings are officially out of the playoffs.

Not a single tear was shed.

13thforsworn

Honestly, I've given so few fucks about hockey this season. The Leafs poor performance turned me off so much, and I have better ways to spending my time rather than watching them lose every night. As a result, I haven't even been following the standings until about a week ago, and I'm really happy to see three Canadians teams in the west clinching playoff spots, Hopefully Ottawa will follow suit on Saturday if they get that one point from Philly. Playoffs should be exciting with four Canadian teams in the running.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Montreal. They're in it too.

Last edited:

Shadow

Banned
The Leafs poor performance turned me off so much, and I have better ways to spending my time rather than watching them lose every night.
Leafs were throwing for a better shot at getting McDavid. That's the only plausible explanation for how brutally awful they've been this season. Also, Phaneuf and Kessel need to go. Like, now.
No kidding! Me too!
Go away.

13thforsworn

Leafs were throwing for a better shot at getting McDavid. That's the only plausible explanation for how brutally awful they've been this season. Also, Phaneuf and Kessel need to go. Like, now.
As soon as I heard that they fired Randy Carlyle but weren't going to sign a new head coach until after the season, I knew they no longer gave a fuck and had essentially written off the season. Why should I give a fuck if they clearly don't?

I'd keep Kessel, last time I checked, he was the only one who was trying.

Shadow

Banned
Dunno what the story is over there, but from what I've heard, Kessel doesn't want to be there anymore, and if that's the case, then it's probably better to trade him. Oh, and Nonis is getting fired. I'm expecting the announcement on Monday.

Also, Boston missed the playoffs.

The Hound

Just Monika
Oh shit, shows you how much I pay attention to the West XD

And yea, I've given up the facade of being anonymous, for anyone who didn't realize I'm just Sideshow Bob. So of course Boston.

I still can't believe I didn't realize the Canucks made it, totally was only paying attention to the Bruins. Speaking of which they might trade Lucic, for the sake of my only jersey I hope they don't.

13thforsworn

Oh shit, shows you how much I pay attention to the West XD

And yea, I've given up the facade of being anonymous, for anyone who didn't realize I'm just Sideshow Bob. So of course Boston.

I still can't believe I didn't realize the Canucks made it, totally was only paying attention to the Bruins. Speaking of which they might trade Lucic, for the sake of my only jersey I hope they don't.
I legit considered sending you a message asking if you were Bob, but I was afraid I'd make a fool of myself if I got it wrong. Hence my Boston guess. :p

The Hound

Just Monika
I honestly thought I told you awhile back... Now I'm confused on who I told, whoever it was apparently did a good job keeping the secret.

The Hound

Just Monika
Bruins fired Chiarelli, if I was the Leafs I'd be at his doorstep this instant begging him come on. He'd be their first competent GM in years and they could get him to stop killing them from the other side on trades. (Though he's been pretty good at killing his own team recently on trades)

13thforsworn

Brendan Shanahan seems like a smart dude, I hope he'll turn this team around.

Fun fact: Brendan Shanahan went to my high school and my science teacher in grade 9 is his cousin.

The Hound

Just Monika
Well I can say he certainly looked smart firing the entire staff the Leafs had, and would look even smarter hiring Chiarelli.

Shadow

Banned
I feel like one of the problems that the Leafs have is that there hasn't been any pressure from the fan base to improve the team from an attendance point of view. One of the reasons that the Canucks decided to overhaul the team this year was because there were a lot of empty seats at Rogers Arena by the end of last season (because the team sucked, and nobody was willing to pay to go to a game), and the ownership didn't like that, because empty seats means they're not making money.

Leafs fans, however, are so loyal to their team (or just plain stupid) that they're willing to spend exorbitant amounts of money to go watch a crappy team attempt to play hockey. Like, you could pretty much dress a bunch of baboons in Leafs sweaters and throw them out on the ice, and they'd sell out the building. The point is, MLSE is still making their money because there's always a butt in every seat, even though the organization has been putting a crappy product on the ice for almost 50 years.

Top Bottom