NHL Hockey Talk

The Hound

Just Monika
I'd just be happy if someone on Toronto took a run at him, since the league decided he didn't need any punishment after boarding Carlo and getting no call for it. Oh but of course Marchand got two games for caressing a guys nuts with his stick, by the way that guy came back into that game 3 minutes later while Carlo will miss at least game one.

13thforsworn

I dug up this thread just to bitch about this. I don't even follow hockey that closely anymore, but this is ridiculous. So it's 5-2 for St. Louis, and one of their players slashes Leafs goalie Fredrick Anderson in the face, sending him to the ice. Seconds later, St. Louis scores into a two-thirds open net. The referee signals the goal, coach Babcock says nothing. Are you fucking serious? You're just gonna let your goalie get slashed in the face and not even challenge the goal? I don't care what the score is, you defend your goaltender regardless if he's having a bad night. And the final score of the game? 6-4. Imagine if that goal gets discounted, or if the Leafs scored another goal. His players should be furious with him, especially Anderson. What the fuck Mike Babcock, I expect better from you. If you don't defend your goaltender, then who will?

Last edited:

The Hound

Just Monika
Thanks Req, though I don't have much to say since I don't watch the Maple Leafs and didn't see the play.

That is surprising that Babcock wouldn't ask for a review, though maybe the refs told him that they deemed it unintentional. Otherwise I have no clue.

The Hound

Just Monika
Yea in back to back Bruins games there were egregious boardings and neither were called but you bet your ass the weak ass slashings were.

Requiem

Yay, Shadow and Bob are both here! I knew Hockey had to have some sort of benefit to the forum.

13thforsworn

So this was the best clip I could find, on Hockey Night in Canada they show it from 10 different angles and it was pretty clear but anyway... Watch it at 0.25 speed on Youtube and you can see him get hit in the head. On the replay of the game on the NHL website, even the American commentators mention him getting hit in the head.

EDIT: So the timestamp does't work, skip to 3:06.

The Hound

Just Monika
That is strange, even on a shot you have to be responsible for your stick. Definitely needed to be looked at.

13thforsworn

This is one of the most amazing stories I've ever seen in sports. If it was a movie, people would have complained that it was the cheesiest, Disney-esque bullshit ever. "Real NHLers would have scored 10 on him!" Those were some dangerous chances by Byfuglien and Stastny too. You couldn't have written this any better.

The Hound

Just Monika
Yea I loved seeing that, could you imagine that happening in any other sport? Like some rec league basketball player having to go up against Lebron. Absolutely awesome.

Oh and since this thread got brought back up, how bout dem Bruins.

13thforsworn

Yea I loved seeing that, could you imagine that happening in any other sport? Like some rec league basketball player having to go up against Lebron. Absolutely awesome.

Oh and since this thread got brought back up, how bout dem Bruins.
How about dem Bruins go fuck themselves?

The Hound

Just Monika
Bitch made? I think you mean tough as nails, if you're talking about bitch made Shadow's two girls just retired.

Also two? What's my other team?

The Hound

Just Monika
Oh yea I forgot that I probably mentioned I don't mind my hometown team. Especially since nobody here talks about the Hawks at all since they're not good this year.

Top Bottom