Nintendo Switch

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech

Thoughts?

I'm skeptical, but I think it's a beautiful piece of hardware.

Also, our parents can't tell us to "go pick your switch" when we're misbehaving anymore, so that's a plus.

Requiem

Also, our parents can't tell us to "go pick your switch" when we're misbehaving anymore, so that's a plus.
My parents never did this. Do you need to get something off your chest, TC?

And it looks neat. If it runs well and plays more games than just Nintendo or their accepted third parties, I'd also be interested in it even more. As always, it looks like a good party console for playing with other people in the home as well as out and about, so that's a plus. I'm interested in seeing where it goes from here, but I'm also not holding my breath on it being an absolute game changer.

Tag_Ross

Yeah, now instead of a sturdy yet flexible plant stem they'll just smash us with some delicate electronics that costs hundreds of dollars.

Also, holy shit Bethesda on Nintendo, my dick is complete, I can go to my home planet now.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Interesting idea, and it sure beats the hell outta the Wii U. If it's got games and good hardware, worth.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Good hardware? It's Nintendo, it'll be built like a rock and feature tech from 15 years ago but they'll manage to make really pretty games on it anyways.

The Hound

Just Monika
Looks like a jack of all trades master of none and it has little appeal to me as I'm not a mobile gamer. I have a 3DS but I exclusively play it in my own house because when I want to game I much prefer to sit down, get comfy and play something. So basically a large portion of this thing's appeal isn't interesting to me at all. Perhaps the only thing I'm looking forward to with this is that it will drop the price of Wii U's so I can finally catch up on all the Nintendo games I've missed out on.

Tag_Ross

Looks like a jack of all trades master of none and it has little appeal to me as I'm not a mobile gamer. I have a 3DS but I exclusively play it in my own house because when I want to game I much prefer to sit down, get comfy and play something. So basically a large portion of this thing's appeal isn't interesting to me at all. Perhaps the only thing I'm looking forward to with this is that it will drop the price of Wii U's so I can finally catch up on all the Nintendo games I've missed out on.
Just imagine, not having to stop playing console games when you have to shit.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
But dat Zelda tho. Also Nintendo will finally get Skyrim and it only took 5 years. Here I thought Rockstar's PC release of GTAV after a year was bad.

The Hound

Just Monika
People play Skyrim on things other than computers? Those poor souls with their limited options of modding.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Those poor souls playing with limited graphics and choppy frame-rates because we know that the switch isn't going to be impressive hardware-wise.

The Hound

Just Monika
I was figuring that it better be able to run it well considering it's a 5 year old game, I didn't even think about that.

But seriously, without mods is there even a reason to play Skyrim? Maybe it was just me but I thought the base game was super inferior to Oblivion.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I loved Skyrim when it came out, it was my first RPG that I really go into. Luckily it was a gateway into much better RPGs and ever since I find Skyrim kinda boring. It's still kinda cool that I could play Skyrim on the go however.

The Hound

Just Monika
It's an awesome gorgeous world but it just wasn't a great RPG, and as such 99% of my enjoyment was fucking around the world with Mods.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Probably the most interest I've had in a Nintendo console in a long time. From what I've seen the graphics are okay but some games look to suffer from a lack of good Anti-aliasing which is really nice if it's going to be on a big screen. Battery life sounds awful as expected but I've already got a battery pack and cable since it's on that USB type-c shit.

GG Nintendo, I'd buy it.

Top Bottom