Null twitches

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I'm going to try doing the twitch thing now. http://www.twitch.tv/classifiedpurple I want to do streams of me just drawing or painting in Photoshop. I think for now I'm going to start with Life is Strange. That seems to be a game people like and I've never played it before. I'm going live in the next few minutes and will probably be on for the next few hours so if you've got nothing better to do tonight feel free to stop by.

Requiem

Sounds really cool. Just finished an RP post, but I've got a youtube LP video up, so I was gonna watch that before crashing. I'll keep it in mind for the future though, definitely.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I finished the first episode of Life is Strange. I don't think anyone actually watched, but what can you expect from 2 in the morning. I still think it was a successful stream because from what I can tell everything was working. I'll keep you guys informed on when I'm doing it again.

I plan to continue "They Could be Heros" so steaming one of those pages from time to time might be an option because they're fairly simple and don't take long or I can do viewers choice or whatever, mix things up a bit. It might also be fun to do a much more involved image that take multiple streams to finish.

Requiem

Yeah, 2 in the morning is fairly late. Earlier in the day would be good though!

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I realized that I wasn't having Twitch archive my stream so I won't be able to make a highlight video of episode 1 for Life is Strange. I hope to do another stream tonight and go through episode 2. I'll try to start it no later than 8:00 p.m. pacific standard time. I'll give you guys a heads up before I go live.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I finished Episode 2. Had a lot of technical difficulties TC did some research and found that OBS doesn't really work well with Life is Strange and didn't find any solutions. So if you guys have any thoughts I'd be interested.

I do plan on continuing through streaming the remaining episodes with or without difficulties. i think I got some good clips to make a highlight reel this time.

Thank you for everyone who showed up.

I also managed to save a girl from committing suicide so I'm pretty stoked about that.

This game is really stressful.

Requiem

Life Is Strange is fantastic. You'll have even more fun with it once you get further into the meat of the game.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Hannah and Joseph and I played Life is Strange together. It's what led us to play Undertale together, and to stream it.

Also, all three of us are former RAs. So Life is Strange, and especially the Kate scene, were particularly poignant to us.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
So I plan on streaming again tonight, lest's say 8:00 again to keep things consistent.

I've been trying to diagnose the streaming issues encountered with last nights stream and have been unsuccessful. The issues I'm encountering is the video will freeze while the audio will continue as normal for extended periods of time. I messed around with Shadow of Mordor as a game that I figured would be more intense on my CPU and I encountered no issues with that stream. I will try tonight to stream Life is Strange in windowed mode as that seemed to work better with Bridge Constructor, for some reason, when TC and I streamed that.

Ignoring all the streaming problems I'm really enjoying Life is Strange so far.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Yah, I streamed Witcher 3 last night for @lynexer. Ran into my own array of issues. Mostly though my CPU is too weak to upload HD and play Witcher at the same time. So I guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a $1400 upgrade just so he can watch my stream at 60FPS in HD with 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Tonight's stream was a lot less problematic. There wasn't any freezing so apparently the windowed mode was a step in the right direction. Frame rate did leave something to be desired though, I don't think frame rate will be as annoying when I'm drawing because it's not as cinematic.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I tried streaming last night too. I had a lot of issues with frame dropping though. Tom Clancy's The Division ate most of my CPU leaving little for OBS so I dropped frames everywhere.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Hey remember this? I'm planning on drawing some stuff, not sure what yet, but I figured I'd stream it this time and see how it goes. I figure I'll start in a half an hour or so after I set things up and see how long it goes. Link should be in the original post.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I could totally watch some drawing streams. Also unfortunately the best solution for streaming that's like 99% with all games is a capture card with a dedicated stream PC. That sounds stupid expensive but you could also get away with the stream card on one PC.

Top Bottom