Old Republic Blues [Star Wars]

Kratoury

The Old Republic

Terror sweeps across the outer rim as a vast conflict seems to be boiling up to a beginning. Already, several planets have been attacked by invading Mandalorian forces, and the Republic is preparing for all out war. Many wait with baited breath for the Mandalorians to be pushed back, but as the death count rises some begin to wonder if even the Galactic Republic and its vast military might will be enough to beat back the ferocious enemy forces.

As refugees begin to pour in from the recently war-torn worlds, a group of youths find cause for celebration. In a happy coincidence, several padawan have managed to pass their trials all within the same week. While they may not be the same species, and they may have trained on different planets under different masters, they are as one on this day. No longer are they mere apprentices, today they are Jedi.

Hello everyone, I’m Kratour. You may know me from such classics as “Your Mother’s Secret Sex Tapes Volumes II - IV”, or “The Documentary of Someone Who is Way Cooler Than You”. Today, however, I come bearing the gift of a new game and… decent assurance that I’ll probably maybe actually run said game.

Now, as you no doubt were able to discern, this is going to be a Star Wars game. I’ve been thinking about running one for a while now, and what with the new movie this seems like the best opportunity to do so. Strike while the fire’s hot and all that.

You’re probably wanting to know about the game, so let’s just get straight to the basics, shall we? First of all, this game is going to be taking place in the Old Republic. That’s the time of KotOR and SW:TOR, if you’re familiar with the games at all. In particular, this game will be taking place near the very beginning of the Mandalorian Wars. Ideally, it’s going to be a fairly long running game that I intend to break into two part. Each part will be it’s own game, with the first having its midpoint be around the time of the Jedi Knight Revan breaking off from the Order to go and fight in the war. Obviously a big focus here is going to be how people deal with this, which side they elect to take, and so on. The second part… Well, that’s going to be a little bit later. If you’re familiar with the source, you may have a pretty firm idea of what may happen. If so, good for you.

Now, if any of this interests you at all then I would like you to know that your sentiment makes me happier than I’ll ever be willing to admit. But let’s not get all soft here, hm? First, let’s go on to explaining how I intend to run this thing. First of all, this is not going to be a first-come-first-serve sort of thing. Quality is what I care about, and if a million people send in shitty applications then I guess I’d be thinking of something else to do with my time.

So how do you go about impressing me? Well, first make sure you spell check and use good grammer and syntax. Beyond that, try to be creative. I’m not saying you need to be “special”, Jedi are already precious snowflakes. I’m saying to give me interesting things to read. If you have a boring sheet, why should I care enough to read through it? Anyways, back to the explanation.

In this game you’re going to be playing Jedi. I don’t particularly care if you had your heart set on something else, I’ve got a basic story that I wanna run and I plan on seeing it through. That said, if you decide that you wanna stop being a Jedi at some point and start smuggling meth to middle schoolers, I really don’t care (stop asking, Shizno).

Now, I’m going to be doing something that I have never done before in a forum game. I’m going to be introducing a few statistics to this, in order to have a better idea of what each character can do. We’re not gonna be rolling dice or anything, but keep these figures in mind while you’re considering rather or not you can perform whatever maneuvers. Now without further ado, let’s get down to your sheets, hm?

Vital Statistics

Name
Species:
Do a little research here. There are a lot of different species in Star Wars; I mean a fucking lot. Most of them aren’t shit, either.
Age: Try to keep in mind that you’ve been training since you were a small child. You’re probably around sixteen or eighteen in human years, though you could be older at your own discretion. Just bear in mind that if you progress too slowly you might find yourself being sent off to become a scribe rather than a Jedi.
Appearance: What your character looks like. Feel free to note their preferred mode of dress.

Lightsaber: Let’s see what you can do with this. Describe your character’s lightsaber to me; what it’s made of, it’s imperfections, the personal touches your character applied to the hilt (since they made it themself), and of course the color of the adegan crystal used in its construction.

History: I don’t need a book here, so don’t feel like you need to drag on. Give me exactly as much information as you feel you should, then move on and never look back. Just like my parents.

Trial: Here I’m going to have you go over your character’s trial, the test given to them before they were granted the title of Jedi. This culminates in your jedi making their lightsaber, so keep that in mind. And the trial can be any sort of test that pushes one to demonstrate the tenants of the Jedi Order. As an example, you may have been assigned an impossible task with your actual trial being to see if you managed to stay calm and continue attempting said task even when it seemed futile.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality

Power:
Finesse:
Endurance:

Mental Acuity
Power:
Finesse:
Endurance:

Affinities
The Living Force:

The Physical Force:

The Unifying Force:

Lightsaber Styles (Only Include the forms you have dots in, to avoid clutter.)
Form I: Shii-Cho:
Form II: Makashi:
Form III: Soresu:
Form IV: Ataru:
Form V: Shien:
Form V: Djem So:
Form VI: Niman:

Skills

______________​

And there’s your sheet. Now you may be wanting an explanation on what to actually do with the mechanical section… Well okay, yeah, that’s fair. First, let’s establish the scale. Everything is ranked from one to five. For attributes, a score of two is average and five is absolute peak. For everything else, just one rank means you’re at least reasonably competent. More specifically…

Rank 1, Attuned: At this rank, your character has received fairly extensive training and is capable of demonstrating a competent grasp of this ability.

Rank 2, Adept: An adept character is an expert. They can perform complicated feats with ease and demonstrate a substantive grasp on even the most complex aspects of the ability they represent.

Rank 3, Master: A Master is someone who demonstrates flawless expertise of their skill. They can perform even the most complex of maneuvers with casual ease, and can even develop new ways to use their skill should they have cause to.

Rank 4, Harmony: At this point, the user is one with their skill. Someone who is in harmony with an aspect of the force is likely to be so deeply affected by it that they are almost alienated by the overbearing sensations that others seem blind to. A swordsman at this level is not only one of the greatest duelists of their age, they probably developed their own style; a style so renowned that thousands of years later it will be taught by masters as a standard form of combat.

Rank 5, Prophecy: There is no separation, there is not you and your skill. No matter what you do, you will shake the foundations of the galaxy. You are your skill at it’s peak. At this level “things that are impossible” become “things that can be accomplished”. Rather devouring the life force of every being on a planet at once or tearing a star-destroyer out of space to send it crashing into a city below, the peaks of this level of power are considered unreasonable to others. Legends will be told about you; legends that will outlast stars themselves.

Through intense training, most people can achieve Rank 3 in their skills and abilities. Through immense training, natural talent, luck, and perhaps something bordering on divine providence one can possibly attain Rank 4.

Your attributes are a measure of innate ability in one field. The two categories are physical and mental, which should be pretty straight forward. The aspects of those are Power, Finesse, and Endurance. Power is your raw ability to apply yourself to a situation, lifting a heavy object or running through calculations would be examples of this. Finesse is your ability to apply yourself in a more subtle fashion, such as sneaking around, performing acrobatics, or solving a puzzle or other test of wit. Endurance is your ability to withstand punishment, such as enduring a long trek through a desert or holding back information while being tortured.

Your affinities are your basic ability with the three aspects of the force. The Living Force is the “Control” aspect, which allows one to manipulate the objects around oneself. The most notable example of this is the characteristic telekinesis demonstrated by most force users. The Physical Force is the “Alter” aspect, which allows one to manipulate the people around oneself. The most notable example of this would be the mind trick that that allows a force user to exert their will over the thoughts of another. And the Unifying Force is the “Sense” aspect, which connects one to the world at large. The easiest examples of this would be the ability to sense the feelings of another, or to see glimpses of the future.

The “Lightsaber Styles” section is where you will keep track of your character’s knowledge of each of the six forms that they may learn to practice. While I don’t feel like going over each of the forms here, you should probably try to familiarize yourself with them here.

Skills are your specific abilities. They can be anything from “Blaster Pistol Accuracy” to “Archaeology”. The skill represents your competency in something specific, and also encompasses the various force techniques. Skills are the easiest statistic to gain, and your character will accumulate a fair number before you’ll get even your first attribute advancement.

Now for how you’re going to set up your statistics.
-Each attribute beings at one dot for free, and each character gets eight dots to distribute among the six attributes at character creation. The cap at character creation is four dots in any one attribute.
-Your affinities all begin with no dots, and you have three to distribute among each of the three.
-Your character will begin with one dot in Shii-Cho; think about what form(s) you want to focus on now that your basic training is complete.
-You begin with the skills “Lightsaber Offence: 1”, “Lightsaber Defence: 1”, “Lightsaber Deflection: 1”, and one force skill of your choosing at rank one. You also gain two miscellaneous skills at rank one, such as piloting or gambling. These miscellaneous skills should be at least somewhat supported by your history and personality.

And there you have it. I don’t think I missed anything too important, but you are absolutely welcome to ask any questions you may have in this thread or directly over Skype.

TL;DR, read the damn post it’s not that long.

Chickenspleen

Vital Statistics

Name: Valo Kirak
Species: Arkanian Offshoot(Human Hybrid)

Appearance: Like most offshoots of his variety, Valo has white skin and white hair, which he lets grow long and hang behind his head like his hero, Arca Jeth. He has blue eyes and soft features, which give him a look of serenity and innocence. Valo has attempted to emulate Arca in clothing as well, wearing robes reminiscent of the Arkanian hero’s.

Lightsaber: Like Arca Jeth, Valo wields a green lightsaber. However, everything else is his own design. The hilt of the saber is very swordlike, complete with a crossguard(not one made of energy) and a pommel. Valo’s hilt is strikingly ornate, made from combinations of various alloys. It sports swirling patterns that seem to shift in color when viewed at different angles and is encrusted with Arkanian diamonds.

History: Valo was not born on his species’ homeworld of Arkania, but on Coruscant, where both of his parents lived as Jedi. They had been compatriots of the legendary Arca Jeth before his death, and Valo grew up listening to stories of the wise and powerful Jedi. He, being force sensitive, wanted to be a Jedi as well, but his parents disallowed it. Having fought in the Sith War, they knew the tragic and lonely path most Jedi trod. Valo did not understand this, and instead resented his parents for keeping him from his dreams. It was not on the friendliest of terms, then, that Valo’s parents said goodbye to him and left to combat Mandalorian skirmishes in the Outer Rim. He would never see them again.
After learning of his parents’ deaths, the very young Valo was sent to Arkania to live with his uncle, who worked with metal in a major factory. It was on Arkania that Valo first experienced the prejudice that full Arkanians had against Offshoots. Valo was constantly berated, looked down on, and beat up by the prejudiced Arkanians. This caused Valo to get into many fights as a youth. As time passed, Valo had to take more and more care of his uncle. Years of hard labor in the factory has broken him, and his health began to deteriorate more and more rapidly. Valo was aghast that his dying uncle was still forced to go to work every day. Angrily, he stormed into his uncle’s workplace, demanding the employers give the old man time off. The employers agreed, provided Valo take his place. Still only twelve years old, Valo began a life of hard labor.
He would have worked in the factory for the rest of his life had a visiting Jedi not taken notice of him. In a tour of the industrial sites of Arkania, the Duros Jedi Master Cul Kywa spotted a young boy who looked very similar to the young son of the Arkanian Jedi couple who had died several years back. Kywa took Valo out of work for a day and tested him for force sensitivity, which it was soon discovered the boy had. Valo was excited to finally pursue his dreams, but he didn’t want to leave behind his dying uncle. To Valo’s surprise, however, his uncle begged him to go, telling his nephew that he must seize any opportunity to get away from the oppressive political climate of Arkania. Valo stayed with his uncle until the old man breathed no more. He was taken back to Coruscant soon afterward to train as a Jedi.

Trial: Valo was nearly deemed to old to complete his Padawan training. Having only begun his training as a young teenager, it seemed that he would be forever behind his peers. However, Valo threw himself into his training and quickly developed a rare skill for Battle Meditation. Valo's trial was simple enough. He was tasked with spreading his parents ashes, as they were still in the custody of the Jedi Council. Valo's parents had wanted their ashes returned to their home of Arkania. Master Kywa had arranged this trial to confront Valo's biggest weak spots, his hatred of his home planet and his regret toward his treatment of his parents. On Arkania, Valo was once again confronted with the brutality of the prejudice toward his species. Made to conceal his status as a Jedi, Valo found himself once again attacked verbally by bigoted Arkanians. It was almost too much to take, but help came in the form of a young group of full-blooded Arkanians, who were trying to bring an end to the inequality throughout the planet. Through these people, Valo was able to overcome his own prejudice. With the trial done, Valo had overcome the demons of his past and was finally ready to devote his life to the force.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality

Power:*
Finesse:***
Endurance:**

Mental Acuity
Power:***
Finesse:***
Endurance:**

Affinities
The Living Force:

The Physical Force:**

The Unifying Force:*

Lightsaber Styles
Form I: Shii-Cho: *

Skills
Lightsaber Offence 1
Lightsaber Defence 1
Lightsaber Deflection 1
Battle Meditation 1
Metallurgy 1
Cooking 1

Last edited:

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Name Aaseo Kla’krogu
Species: Zabrak

Appearance: Aaseo has fair skin, dark brown hair, green eyes, as well as the crown of horns, and tattoos that are typical for Zabraks. She has six horns in all featured prominently on her brow, two being larger than the rest. Her tattoos are very organic composed of thin almost wispy lines darker than her skin tone, but not quite black. She normally prefers grey robes accented with dark brown and usually wears her hair pulled back in a ponytail.

Lightsaber: Aaseo’s lightsaber emits a purple blade and feature quillons of vented energy from the overcharged crystal. Unlike traditional quillons that are perpendicular to the blade these are angled outward creating a “V” shape. (Similar to the guard on a Scottish claymore.) The reasoning for this feature was not only to protect the hands of the wielder, but also to catch and trap an opponent's blade. The hilt is mostly made out of forged durasteel folded in on itself thousands of times and then dipped in an acid bath causing a metallic grain pattern. (Think damascus steel.) The hilt also features two side panels of durasteel that run almost the entire length of the hilt. They have been blued to a obsidian black finish and bordered by brass inlays. The grip is an elliptical cylinder instead of the usual circular shape, the design is more ergonomic and allows for greater control over the direction the quillons face. the grip is also longer than usual about fourteen inches in length and towards the end it flares out into a scent stopper pommel. (The pommel isn’t intended to act as a counterbalance, a lightsaber blade is weightless and needs no counterbalance, the pommel is simply more comfortable to rest the lower hand against in a two handed grip.)

History: Like most Jedi apprentices Aaseo was taken from their family at an early age when her connection to the force was discovered. As such she has no real memory or strong connection to her family or homeworld. From then on she grew up and was trained in the way of the Jedi. Her master always preferred the rural outer rim worlds and as such much of her training was spent roaming the Outer Rim traveling from world to world wherever the council needed them. The constant travel between worlds eventually led her to become skilled at piloting spaceships. This suited her master just fine as he preferred to meditate on their journeys instead. She picked up lightsaber combat quickly, however mastering the force in other areas, besides guiding her blade, came slower. Her master always found her to be too impulsive and aggressive for his liking and tried to delay her trial, however he eventually agreed after pressure from the council.

Trial: After voicing his concerns to the council her master came up with her trial and the council agreed. Taking place back on Coruscant, Aaseo was asked to defeat the Order’s Weapon Master in single combat. Eager to prove her combat prowess to the council the battle began with a flurry of blows. Victory, however, was impossible, she was facing after all the Master on Weapons. Several minutes into the battle, which felt like hours to the combatants, Aaseo still hadn't broken through her opponent's defences. Exhausted, sore and half numb from strikes with a training saber she finally saw the pattern. Every time she would strike the Weapon Master would counter attack,but he had yet to be the first to engage. Realizing this she waited, no attack came. For nearly thirty minutes Aaseo and the Weapons Master stood there facing each other. Finally after what seemed like an eternity for her the Weapon Master deactivated his lightsaber and bowed his head admitting defeat. Aaseo had passed her trial and graduated into knighthood.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality
Power: ***
Finesse: ****
Endurance: ***

Mental Acuity
Power: *
Finesse: *
Endurance: **

Affinities
The Living Force: ***
The Physical Force:
The Unifying Force:

Lightsaber Styles
Form V: Djem So: now learning

Skills
Lightsaber Offence 1
Lightsaber Defence 1
Lightsaber Deflection 1
Force Push 1
Spaceship Piloting 1
Survival 1

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind

Vital Statistics

Name: Kajin Saizhou
Species: Anzat

Appearance: Kajin’s Anzati ancestry was impossible to assess based off of his appearance alone; he appeared to simply be a human, and a fairly attractive one, at that. Standing at 5’9 with a slim build and pale complexion, the muscle he had put on over the course of his training was easily hidden by his thick, deep blue robe and white tunic and underclothing, giving the impression that he was a good deal weaker and more fragile than was the case. His face was narrow, with soft – almost angelic – features (save for a slightly broad nose) lying beneath a short fringe of light brown hair. Most prominent among these were his wide, bright blue-green eyes, which gleamed with incredible patience and pure benevolence, only narrowly beating out his stunningly white and similarly kind smile.

Lightsaber: Kajin’s lightsaber was constructed out of the fairly simple materials available to him in the last hours of his trial, and made much greater than the sum of its parts. The straight casing of the weapon is primarily chrome-plated durasteel, though bears a transparisteel “window” near the top through which one can see its blue adegan crystal, and was of sufficient length to allow Kajin to wield it two-handed. The hilt further possessed ridges running along its length to improve grip and some small additional features – a chrome knob near the top to control power output, a pressure sensor implemented within the grip which deactivated it if dropped, and a circular guard at the top of the hilt, just below the blade itself (which Kajin hoped to upgrade using lightsaber-resistant metals). The lightsaber, though fairly complex, was constructed with a great deal of patience and finesse, and so bore no imperfections associated with its construction; any fault with the lightsaber was the result of a fault of the young Jedi’s skill at design, rather than his ability to realize it.

History: Sixteen years prior to the start of the Mandalorian Wars, an infant boy was delivered to the doorstep of an orphanage on Coruscant, discarded by a mother with no desire to raise a child. This placement was merely transitory, however; soon after, he was brought to a medcenter for mandatory inoculations and blood testing, and determined not only to be Force-sensitive, but one of the legendary Anzati as well. The Jedi Council was alerted immediately; their opinion was relevant for any such dangerous being, let alone one gifted with strength in the Force. After days of deliberation, a conclusion was reached, and even then not unanimously: the boy would be trained as a Jedi and learn to suppress the hunger that made his species so dangerous. If he failed in this, he would face exile, and his powers in the Force would be stripped from him.

The Temple was the only home that the boy, who came to be known as Kajin Saizhou, ever knew, and the Jedi his only family. While no other initiates (and, later, Padawans) were aware of his species – he and the Council both felt it best to keep it a secret – several Knights and the majority of Masters were informed for the sake of the Temple’s safety. Over the course of his training, Kajin’s mind and body were strengthened to an incredible degree, and he developed a greater control over not only the Force, but the hunger and telepathic powers that came with his heritage; he obtained more mundane knowledge through studying linguistics and technology within the Archives. Having demonstrated substantial natural skill and power with the Force, as well as great self-discipline, Kajin was selected to become a Padawan when he was ten years old, learning under a well-respected Jedi Sentinel.

Over the course of the next six years, Kajin travelled throughout the larger Galaxy with his master, gaining experience and strength from the countless missions that he faced. Unlike many other students, he did not grow proud or arrogant over his increasing power, but rather more self-disciplined, his hunger acting as a constant reminder of what he stood to lose. His maturity and reliability coupled with ever-greater self-sufficiency led Kajin’s master to recommend him for the trials as he neared his sixteenth birthday; shortly thereafter, the pair returned to Coruscant and the apprentice underwent the first of his trials, and the greatest – the Trial of Spirit, which would finally determine whether or not he was worthy of the title of Jedi.

Trial: In theory (and in practice, for many species), Kajin’s trial was simple: he was to design and build his lightsaber in solitude within the Temple, over the course of two weeks. Each day he would be supplied with food and water enough to make survival easy, as well as tools and parts to aid in building his lightsaber, as requested – delivered in person by an initiate. The true challenge was not in the isolation, nor in creating his lightsaber, but in overcoming the hunger of his species and ensuring that he could keep himself from indulging it. The first three days of the trial were easy, but each day afterward was successively worse; the initiate began to look less and less like a sentient and more like a meal, the hunger clawing away at Kajin’s reason and willpower. By the end of the first week, his body trembled when the initiate entered; he kept his eyes closed, wild with hunger as they were, in the hopes that denying himself the sight of the youngling would make the potential meal less tempting, and wrote his requests out to minimize the time the initiate spent in his chamber. On the tenth day, after what seemed an eternity of ceaseless starvation and an entire day spent without progress on his lightsaber, Kajin fell into a meditative trance, and experienced a terrible vision of hunger left unchecked; this vision awakened a new resolve in Kajin, allowing him to overcome the cravings that had plagued him for so long. In the remaining days of his confinement, Kajin greeted the initiate with a kind smile and his eyes kept open, his hunger defeated – and his true trial thus complete.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality
Power: **

Mental Acuity
Finesse: *

Affinities
The Living Force: **

The Physical Force: *

The Unifying Force:

Lightsaber Styles

Skills

Lightsaber Offence I

Lightsaber Defence I

Lightsaber Deflection I

Force Healing I

Racial Telepathy I

Linguistics: Shyriiwook, Mando’a

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Name: Gaarbecca
Species: Wookiee

Appearance:

Gaarbecca was a bizarre sight to those unfamiliar with him or Wookiees, seeming reminiscent of a smaller, forest version of a wampa. The Wookiee towered over most of his companions at a height of seven feet and three inches and weighed around 300 pounds. His only features that could be seen among his shaggy chestnut coat would be a pair of piercing green eyes, thin black lips and a tiny black nose.

The only clothing that Gaarbecca needed was his simple, long flowing brown robes to symbolize his connection to the Jedi temple. Aside from that, Gaarbecca had his chestnut coat to keep him warm and comfortable.

Lightsaber: The construction of Gaarbecca’s lightsaber was the crowning moment in his otherwise depressing life. Ripped from Kashyyyk at a young age, he yearned to experience the connection of the nature that his species prided themselves on. In an attempt to honor his lost heritage, he opted to construct his lightsaber hilt out of wood when the task was announced. Choosing the wood of a Veshok Tree for his hilt, he decided to fletch it with his claws, considering the construction of his saber as a substitute for his species’ Rite of Passage. Patiently clawing away at it, the mahogany-colored wood was stripped and carved. The wooden hilt was notched, allowing for a firmer grip on his saber. The reddish-brown wood was polished carefully, yielding a shiny red that gleamed against the brown. Using a scrap of leather armor, he fastened it onto the lightsaber so that it would never be lost - a firm reminder of his escaped fate.

Gaarbecca resolved to choose his crystal based on his goal of becoming a Jedi guardian. The deep blue adegan crystal called out to him.

History:
Gaarbecca was born on “Edean” as the Czerka Corporation insisted that it was called, but he knew it by another name: Kashyyyk. The furry wookiee’s memories of his home world were overwhelmed by the vivid memory of him being ripped away from his parents and tossed into a metal container with some of his younger kin. The slaves screeched and yelled as they were contained inside of cages. A pale-faced man sneered as the numbing sensation filled the cages, stunning his kin and leaving them silent. Only Gaarbecca was left screaming. The man’s face twisted into that of disgust, pulling out a metal baton to beat Gaarbecca with. That was when Gaarbecca’s rage grew silent.

The stunning sensation disappeared as did the man as Gaarbecca was left with his thoughts. His inner mind yelled out in pain, wallowing on the ship until a strange feeling nagged his brain. He felt as if he were tugging on a string or on something. Time had passed as he attempted to tug at that string. Ushered off onto the ship and onto an unknown planet, he was put to work. The days blended together - Work, Eat, Sleep. That was his life - until that day. They weren’t put to work and the guards had seemed careful to contain him and his brethren. All he did was sit there quietly and tug on his string. The sounds of yelling grew near until the door was forced open and he opened his eyes to the sight of two men wearing brown robes - one younger and one older. Both of them had an emotion that he didn’t recognize - something that he would learn was pity. They were liberated from their life as slaves. His kin were brought to a sanctuary while Gaarbecca was unable to leave. For some reason, the man understood him. According to the man, he was sensitive to a power called the “Force” and he was being brought to a temple to train.

Trial:

Gaarbecca’s trial was focused on mastering the third line of the Jedi mantra.

Emotion, yet Peace.

Brought to the subterranean lake, he began his meditation. The lake began to fade away, replaced by the cold metal of the Slaver’s ship that he wished to forget. The sound of a child crying rattled his brain as he witnessed a familiar memory - a child-like Gaarbecca being prodded and beaten by a slaver for being noisy. The very sight made his blood boil, letting out a guttural roar as he pinned the slaver up against the metal wall of the ship. His hand reeled back into a fist that trembled in place.

Emotion, yet Peace.

The words rang out in his mind as his eyes stared at the slaver. His rage began to cool, seeming to fade away until it had dissipated. Letting the slaver fall to the ground, he felt at ease. He turned to comfort the child only to be greeted by a claw that slashed along his cheek. Sliding back along the floor of the ship, he looked up at the shadowy form cloaked in dark robe - Gaarbecca.

“Fool. By subduing your rage, you have only succeeded at being weak.”

The hum of lightsabers being activated as two beams were alit in the metal ship - one of raging red and one of calming blue. The aggressive strikes of his shadow managed to put him on the defensive, managing to only block and deflect the strikes of the Madclaw Jedi.

“GIVE INTO YOUR RAGE! GIVE INTO IT AND SEEK GREATER STRENGTH!”

The howls of his tormentor echoed within his mind. The shadow was right. It was much stronger than he could ever be. His eyes darted along the body of his aggressor, seeking to find an opening as the clashing of blades grew faster. There it was! An opening! Gaarbecca’s blue blade found its way across the body of the shadow.

Emotion, yet Peace.

The red lightsaber deactivated as did its aqua twin. Standing over top of the avatar of his rage, he let out a deep sigh.

“You may be able to subdue your rage for now..” The figure began to smoke, fading away as the voice echoed out. “But it will never truly be gone..”

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes

Physicality
Power: ****
Finesse: **

Mental Acuity

Affinities

The Living Force: **
The Physical Force:
The Unifying Force: *

Skills
:
Lightsaber Offense I
Lightsaber Defense I
Lightsaber Deflection I
Force Pull
Woodcarving
Linguistics: Galactic Basic & Shyriiwook

Last edited:

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Vital Statistics

Name: Erilath Dioles
Species: Vahla

Appearance: Erilath has long black hair worn in a ponytail and lavender eyes, and pale gray skin, unusually light for his race. He wears grey and black robes, rather than the usual Jedi brown, and usually wears a red amulet as a reminder of his home and former culture. Erilath is around 5'9", but will likely grow to 6 ft or more when fully matured.

Lightsaber: Erilath's lightsaber is elegant, but slightly sinister. The hilt is modeled after Vahlan ritual swords, and bears a rapier-like guard. Its curved handle has a base of durasteel, with three rings of obsidian near the top and obsidian spikes reaching up past the edge of the handle. The butt end of the lightsaber has a larger, blunt obsidian spike as well. The lightsaber is set with a lavender adegan crystal, matching Erilath's eyes. The blade, when ignited, is slender and focused, allowing for more precise combat.

History: Erilath was born to a family of low-ranking Ember of Vahl cultists. Of course, he never knew them, as they were killed in a Republic raid when he was a newborn. The Jedi leading the assault found Erilath and took him back the Coruscant, where he was raised in the Jedi Temple for almost his whole life. His caretakers were ever aware that his heritage and dormant connection to the Dark Side could pose a danger to those around him, and it was for this reason that his upbringing was sheltered in comparison to his fellow Padawans. In addition, beyond simple meditation, Erilath's Force training was rather lacking for much of his early childhood.

As he grew older, Erilath began sneaking out of the Temple. He would never go very far, simply finding a tall building and climbing to the top of it. He wasn't caught until he was fourteen, when he fell off of a Senate building. Erilath's fear sparked his latent potential, allowing him to survive the fall. Soon after, he was assigned a master, the same Jedi who led the raid against his village a decade and a half ago. Seeing his potential, the Jedi trained him in earnest, much less cautious than the caretakers at the Temple. Fortunately, Erilath showed no signs of turning from the light, and his training progressed smoothly.

Trial: Erilath stepped into the old temple, feeling the power of the Force flow around him.
Calming...
Soothing...
...Erilath woke up, torches ablaze around him. Though he didn't know it yet, this was the place where he was born.
"Eri, are you alright? You seemed to be having a nightmare. Did the Flame send you a vision?" his mother asked, worried.

His mother? Erilath's gaze darted around the room. His mother... and there, his father, tending a fire. Of course, he was home. Why wouldn't he be? Erilath relaxed, convinced that everything was as it should be.

Hours passed... and a flash lit up the village, moments before the shockwave hit. Erilath's mother hit a wall, collapsing, motionless. His father grabbed a vibroblade and ran towards the noise, eyes ablaze with rage... only to be cut down by a silhouette holding a blade of light.

Erilath screamed in rage, in fear, in denial. Everything had been stolen from him in an instant. The screams of his village echoed in his ears. Flames formed in the air, swirling around him, lashing out violently yet hitting nothing... and he remembered.

A trial, nothing more.

He looked again. The fire his father had tended - skulls, littered around its base. The man with the glowing blade - his master, here to stop the Ember of Vahl's encroachment in the system.

Erilath dropped to his knees, clutching his head. The wild flames surrounding him sputtered, dying. Thoughts whirled through his head, until at last he remembered his training, and... let go. The meditation training that had been drilled into him almost from birth returned to him, and slowly he stood. His flames calmed, becoming a gentle light and, slowly, enveloping him.

...Erilath awoke on the cold stone floor of the temple. His master stood before him, a proud expression on his face.

"You passed."

After his trial, Erilath forged his lightsaber in flames of his own creation, using a crystal gifted to him by his master. He designed the hilt after the vibroblade his father had wielded, as a final memento of what could have been.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality

Endurance: *

Mental Acuity
Finesse: ***

Affinities
The Living Force: *

Form II: Makashi: *

Skills
Lightsaber Offense I
Lightsaber Defense I
Lightsaber Deflection I
Force Pyrokinesis
Acrobatics
Meditation

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Vital Statistics

Name: Robot Neek
Species: Cyborg; mostly synthetic

Appearance: At first, second, and all other glances, RN-K appears to be some sort of custom-made, heavy duty titanium-clad protocol droid. Actually, only his arms and legs are fully robotic, but you'd have to cut him open to know it. The head, otherwise an expressionless metal oblong shape, displays grill-covered openings where mouth, nose, and ears would generally be expected, all of which serve as air vents for oxygen circulation as well as speaker or microphone placements. The eyes are large, otherwise dark circles within which lighted yellow "pupils" move around to track his focus. This color changes continuously to indicate his mood, tending towards red to indicate anger or frustration, and towards blue for happiness or excitement. His torso is generally covered by the unassuming brown robes of his Jedi attire, but when it is not, it can be determined upon some examination that the right side of his chest contains a slide-open compartment for what RN refers to as: "BIOFUEL INSERTION."

Lightsaber: Somewhat atypically for lightsabers, the hilt is an eight-sided column instead of a rounded one, made of common structural steel rather than the more resistant materials most Jedi prefer to use, and features a power button on the bottom instead of having it placed on one of the column's faces, which for their part are completely featureless and uniform. Aesthetics have little to do with this design; the flat, angled faces fit neatly against the rigid, unyielding fingers of Neek's mechanical arms, and the common steel of the faces provides a stronger "lock" against his activated palm magnets than tougher materials would. The bottom-facing switch is largely an aesthetic modification, but the cyborg is also pleased that it serves to make powering the weapon on while holding it the wrong way around an effective impossibility.

All unusual quality of the weapon ends at the top of the hilt. When activated, a standard mid-yellow Sentinel blade extends from the column.

History:
F: "We should cut the tubes. This... thing... is an abomination. It is without all decency and nobility."
D: "We should resolve to teach him, then. Besides, if he wakes up when you unplug him... what then?"

This much had to be said for ISCRO, the Inter-Stellar Cybernetics and Robotics Organization: they knew good science. They didn't do good science, at least not where ethics and other related categories of "good" were concerned, and that was why the Republic raided one of their research stations near Lotho Minor when they found it there. But they did know it, so they kept very good records of many shockingly effective experiments performed at shockingly low costs. The "RoboNeural" project, consisting of subjects RN-J through RN-O, were among these experiments. All were thirteen months from birth at the time (package deal from the slavers), though that certainly didn't show from inside their fully adult-sized robotic bodies. They were unconscious and connected to various tangles of power and life support, and only a look at the project notes even revealed that they were technically lifeforms at all. Since a full medical examination revealed one of them, RN-K, to be Force-sensitive, even if only a little bit, that particular bureaucratic nightmare was promptly transferred off to be the Jedi Council's headache instead. Their choices, then, were quickly argued down to the options of either reviving him and taking a new student, or cutting off his life support.

After carefully-redacted release of operational and medical records to certain trusted staff, it was eventually decided that with certain safeguards, RN-K could be safely awakened. Although power to the cyborg's extremities had been cut off, to the best of all available knowledge, as this was happening one of the attending Councilors instinctively grabbed for his lightsaber when the machine suddenly began jerking and screaming:

"OOAAAOOOOAAAOOAAA"

Another Councilor's hand gripped that of the first, and held it down. "Wait, Fa'Les," the second man hissed. "Don't you see?"

"
OOAAAOOOOAAAOOAAA"

"He's crying."

L: "It's not the prosthetics. He fights like a thug swinging a length of pipe. Without style. Without grace. Find a Guardian to take him on instead. He will do well among them. I myself require more discipline in an apprentice."
F: "The Council will respect your decision, Lodu, but the... boy... does not lack discipline. He simply has not had any need of it. He needs a Sentinel to show it to him. Someone who can think
and who can fight. Someone like you.

When Jedi Lodu witnessed RN's combat and acrobatic exhibitions, thirteen years later, he judged immediately that this was someone too rash, too brazen, too simpleminded for his tutelage. Later, when he grudgingly agreed to speak the cyborg in his quarters, he reversed this thinking entirely. Walking in to find a series of mechanical diagrams projected throughout the walls, while RN carefully worked on the newest prototype of an arm unit, changed everything.

Before, in the lightsaber combat demo, Lodu had thought that the cyborg had simply been using brute force to make up for a lack of skill. Now he understood that RN's brute force was a skill - the result of his own proper application of mechanical aptitude. In the excitement of this revelation, he even remembered the acrobatic exhibition in a different light: Before, he had thought of it as crude and unsporting when RN had immediately smashed all accessible laser heads in the arena rather than use his cunning and agility to avoid their randomly-waving beams like the other students did. In this new context, it struck him more now as a sort of elegance of strategy, where the desired result was achieved with an optimum balance of reliability to effort.

It is very nearly certain that he later regretted this line of thinking.

Trial
:
"You use power like a drunk uses a tankard. Unceasingly. Not needlessly, but carelessly, without caution. Without pause."
"I USE ANY TOOLS AVAILABLE TO ACCOMPLISH ALL OBJECTIVES WITH MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY."

Over the next two years, Jedi Ludo could not fault his padawan, whom he called "Neek," for his intelligence, obedience, or efficacy. Nevertheless, he always felt dissatisfied by R-NK's cut-and-dry, straightforward approach to almost every situation. Whatever mission he went on, including those that Ludo himself felt could have been most easily done with total subtlety and discretion, he tended to leave behind a lot of damaged or destroyed equipment, battered (but always living) bodies, or both. Finally Ludo, who had been hoping to teach a proper Sentinel, gave up on further field tests and brought Neek back to Coruscant for trial - or, failing that, possibly outlook-altering humiliation. He spent the day of the trial alone in meditation until the Jedi came to visit him.

"You have a powerful body, young Padawan," he stated. "You use it often, and fairly well. But do you rely on it? If so, take this blue training saber. Your first test will be a standard arena duel against Eilo Tasaka's padawan. I am told she is an exceptional fighter. You will need all your speed and strength."

He held out his other hand. It held another training saber. "But what of your mind? A Jedi Guardian can rely on speed and strength forever, but a Sentinel should know cunning. When challenged from a position of weakness, can you succeed? If so, take the yellow training saber. Your first test will be a modified arena duel, with random obstacles and shifting terrain. Zigi Taler's padawan will be your opponent - a modest fighter, but sharp and agile. You will need all your wit and skill."

Neek didn't have a facial expression, per se, but his nervousness was clear from his posture and the darting, weakly-pulsing yellow green of his eye modules as he stood up. The metal of his hand went click around the yellow saber hilt as suddenly Ludo reached out, flipped a particular switch on Neek's chest, reached into the compartment it had opened, and pulled out Neek's primary power cell. The cyborg's legs gave out, his vision blurred, and his head spun for a few moments, while his body automatically adjusted to diverting emergency power to his mechanical units by drawing from biofuel reserves.

"I am pleased with your choice," he said, as he left the room. "But this is a test for your mind, not your body. Win, and I will sponsor your promotion to Jedi. Fail, and I will continue to train you as my padawan. You have ten minutes to prepare." Neek's vision cleared and he got to his feet, slowly. Clumsily. He ran through his options. Like this, he was weaker than the average human. Almost certainly weaker than Taler's padawan. He'd be slower, too. His skill with a lightsaber wasn't bad, but...

He stared at the training saber. He sank back to his knees, and pulled something from a slot on his arm.

Ten minutes later, Robot Neek strutted into the arena at full power, humming monotonously, sky-blue eyes glowing brightly and with sparks occasionally jumping from joint to joint. As he closed his hands into fists and adopted a defensive unarmed combat posture, his robes parted to reveal, at the hip, an open lightsaber hilt and crystal, minus one power cell.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality
Finesse:**
Endurance:****

Mental Acuity
Finesse:*
Endurance:*

Affinities
The Living Force:
The Physical Force:*
The Unifying Force:**

Lightsaber Styles

Skills
Lightsaber Offence: 1
Lightsaber Defense: 1
Lightsaber Deflection: 1
Restful-sleep-in-danger: 1
Mechanical Aptitude: 1
Surgeon: 1

Last edited:

Dragonruby

Name: Karas Relioe
Species:
Human, because that's what I prefer

Appearance: A few years older than your average newly knighted Jedi, Karas stands a fair bit taller than most of his peers who may still have a little bit of growth left in them, and even then, he's fairly tall as far as your average man goes. His height leaves him rather thin looking, though he is by no means weak, more wiry than stick-like, especially seeing as his master emphasized his physical training quite a bit.

It's fairly easy to pick Karas out from a crowd, even ignoring his general height. The top of his head is covered with a shock of spiky red hair, and his green eyes twinkle with a sense of mischief that is rather uncommon among Jedi. His face seems set in a rather constant smug looking smirk, and all in all, he seems like a fairly handsome and charming person.

Lightsaber: Karas' lightsaber is a simple thing, one that sacrificed all form for function. Crafted out of titanium, which was slightly stronger and lighter than regular durasteel, it bore a curved-hilt to fit in the palm of his hand better and to give him an edge in lightsaber duels, despite the complications that Karas had to suffer through to be able to build it, even being a novice. There are no unnecessary adornments, and while the lightsaber is new, the handle is already worn, as Karas' master insisted on having him go through hours upon hours of sparring and practice with it before he would deem him worthy of becoming a Jedi Knight. It bore a simple green blade, the same as his Master's

History: Two decades before the start of the Mandalorian Wars, the Great Sith War was ended. During the final battle on Yavin 4, the Neti Jedi Master Hass Arnuu, was saved by a Republic soldier, Zolian Relioe, Karas' father. With his dying breath, Zolian asked Hass to ensure that his newborn child back home would know of the sacrifice he made and that he would be raised safely. It was a promise that Hass swore to keep.

Over the course of Karas' childhood, the old Neti Jedi became a common sight for him, as he visited regularly, particularly after Karas' mother took ill. While Master Arnuu did what he could to help take care of Karas' mother, it seemed to be to no avail. When it became obvious that Karas was force sensitive (albeit a fair bit later in his life than most), his mother convinced Master Arnuu to take him on as his apprentice and Padawan, so that she could at least die knowing that her child would be raised properly.

Master Arnuu himself was rather unconventional for a Jedi, and while his plant-like nature and ancient age might hint at patience and wisdom as Hass' core tenants, he instead was a proponent of applying force as necessary. While he still guided himself with temperance and understanding, he believed that too often the Jedi Council hindered itself by holding force as a solution until it was the only possible solution left. 'It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war' he would often say to Karas in many of their lessons. While Karas proved to be fairly inept at the simple force of push and pull that his Master preferred when it came to the use of the Force, his abilities to sense and see through the Force were more than enough to aid him in passing his lessons.

Trial: Karas' trials were rather simple in nature. A number of timed trials and puzzles that Karas must beat in succession, and failure of a single one meant that Karas would be forced to start from the beginning. These trials ranged from riddles, to obstacle courses, to annoyingly challenging puzzle boxes. These trials would beat a sense of stubbornness and coolness into Karas mind, as well as helping him somewhat with his memory skills.

Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality

Mental Acuity

Affinities
The Living Force:

The Unifying Force: **

Lightsaber Styles

Skills
Lightsaber Offense I
Lightsaber Defense I
Lightsaber Deflection I
Force Sense I
Blaster Pistol Accuracy I
Mechanic I

Last edited:

Shizno

Name: Sya-Ni Nuan
Species: Miraluka

Appearance
When one sees Sya-Ni, the first thing people many notice would be the young girl’s face. Or more specifically, the thing that’s obviously blocking her face. Most of her facial features can actually said to be quite cute. With a small, delicate nose that centered her face, it seemed to go quite well with her reddish lips that contained the slightest amount of pout. But what sets her away from other humanoid teenagers, and once again the thing that draws most people's’ attention, is the light purple piece of cloth that works as an eye wrap. This eye wrap often reveals the young woman’s identity as being either that of the Miraluka race or some other humanoid that likes head accessories. When the fact of the matter is that that eyewear is meant to prevent from anyone seeing the truth that instead of eyes, she merely had two empty holes.

Sya-Ni’s eye wrap is more often than not draped over by the girl’s dirty blonde bangs that frame the sides of her face. While said bangs don’t even reach half-way down the girl’s eyewear, the rest of her hair does. Though it is often tied into a ponytail that reaches down to the end of her neck, when let down, it can often reach all the way down to just reaching her shoulder blades. There is quite obviously a reason why she doesn’t keep it like this often, if ever. When it comes to attire, Sya-Ni had always prefered to wear robes and various other loose clothing, so the jedi robes seem to be quite comfortable on her. Under her robes, her frame is quite lithe; not really having much muscle at all, she is much more limber than flexible than powerful, even at a first glance. Certainly her slender stature does not make it easy to be intimidating or to get some to take her as seriously.

Lightsaber
Sya-Ni’s lightsaber is almost deceptively simple in its design. When creating it, the girl was not concerned with making her weapon flashy or elegant, the final product proving to be just as modest as its creator. While it is rather slender, the entire handle is silverish and seemingly smooth. The only details that prevent it from being a metal rod is the black grip that centers the handle. Although despite this, there is much more to the lightsaber than what meets the eye at first. Imperceivable unless holding or inspecting it closely, the hilt contains several runes that are etched into the surface. Said etching are of the jedi code: “Peace”, “Knowledge”, “Serenity”, “Harmony”, and “the Force”. The carvings were entirely a personal touch, a way to ensure that Sya-Ni always upheld the code and the jedi way wherever she went.

Due to her fascination and dedication to studying the Jedi way, it should be no surprise that when she constructed her lightsaber, she gave it the color of the consulars. When activated, the blade shines a bright emerald green that symbolises her connection with the force and desire for peace. The only question that remains unanswered is if Miraluka can even see color in the first place.

History
Sya-Ni was born to parents of faith on her home planet Alpheridies. While she never really knew her parents, she knew what they did at the very least. The two were religious figures in a church to their deities Ashla and Bogan, figures both both the light and the dark side respectively. Though they had a few children over their lives, Sya-Ni was the first, and the only, that was found to have a connection to the force on such a level to have the potential to use it. Being priests of the force, in a sense, they felt it was their duty and an honor to allow the Jedi to take in their girl in to be trained. She was found at a young age and therefore had not time to develop many memories of her parents. A few vague memories of her mother, father, and siblings’ faces, but even those have most likely faded to the point that most of her memories are wrong.

Through her training as a Jedi, Sya-Ni did the things that most padawans did. She learned how to both to utilize the force in some basic ways as well as the first form of lightsaber combat. However, through a mixture of her mentor’s urging, guidance, and a good part of her own interest, she spent far more time than she needed to on studying. From various history books or the philosophy of the Jedi order entirely, there was rarely a time that she would allow a bit of knowledge to escape her grasp. To better understand oneself oneself and one’s place in the galaxy requires one to know about the galaxy itself. And because of this desire to understand her own place in the galaxy, she continued to search for meaning in her own existence. To figure out what purpose the unifying force had for her. But to do so, she needed to know more about the worlds that she could, the places and governments that were available to her, and the reasons why they existed.

In essence, Sya-Ni is a girl that has been, and may always be looking for her purpose and looking around her to figure out what purpose may be. To find out what her destiny is and how it relates to the force that she believes in with such fervor.

Trial
Sya-Ni’s trial to become a jedi was quite the peculiar one, and ever as fitting. She was not tasked with overcoming some obvious obstacle or completing some objective. Instead her trial was to simply travel to ruins that stood long ago on the planet that she was trained on. There, she was to go to the center where everything was silent and begin to meditate until she believed she needn’t to anymore. The instructions of such a mission were hardly the clearest, but she understood what actions she needed to do and set-out for her destination.

The ruins themselves were empty, just as she had expected, not a single sound to be found in their halls. Picking one of the larger rooms as she best place to begin, she sat down in the lotus position and began to meditate. Controlling her breathing, she felt herself become centered the longer that she went on. But no matter how long she meditated, she just couldn’t seem to come to understand what her purpose was. She shifted positions after a few hours, instead sitting on her knees in an attempt to once again find any progress. But once again, there was nothing but a slight frustrated sensation at not being able to accomplish something that was so vague in the first place. Again and again she shifted position and even changed which room she was in a few times over the three days that she was in the ruins. And no matter what room or position she mediated in - even the one where she handstands - the outcome was the same.

That is, until the end of Sya-Ni’s time in the ruins where she finally decided to do something to think about other things. She began to reach out; see the force with her Miraluka vision. And what she realized may have been the greatest epiphany of her life. Even in the almost desolate and silent ruins that she was in, she began to detect that there was more. Through the force, she saw everything; she heard everything. From the small bugs that crawled on the walls that were all but crumbling to the slight drips of water that were so faint that they may not might as well not have been there at all. But there was no question that all of it was quite real. She began to explore the details, learning what was there and how everything, even the smallest creature or sound, managed to fill the area with life. What at first glance seemed empty and barren actually had subtle, but significant activity.

And that was what Sya-Ni had learned through her trial. That no matter what, no matter how insignificant one might think themselves, they have importance in some way. That no matter if they have doubts, the force is and always will be with them. With her head clear, she returned to her master to give the answer that she had found for herself. And with that task completed, the young girl was finally on her way to becoming a full jedi.

---
Mechanical Statistics

Attributes
Physicality

Mental Acuity

Affinities
The Living Force: *

Lightsaber Styles
Form I: Shii-Cho:*

Skills
Lightsaber Offence 1
Lightsaber Defence 1
Lightsaber Deflection 1
Force Sight 1
Jedi History 1
Politics 1

Requiem

Is this still a thing? I wanna play it. I've been away from the Internet, not counting Facebook, for a little while and I'd like something to channel my writing through since I don't have any creative writing classes this semester.

Chickenspleen

I had almost forgotten about this thing. Come on, Kratour, I need more Star Wars.

Kratoury

Well fuck, I guess now I have to run this thing. Great, thanks Druby.

I'll announce acceptances... tomorrow, probably.

Kratoury

So, what I'm gonna do is go ahead and make acceptance announcements one at a time. And when I accept a character, I'm going to put up a starting post for them in the IC (to be made tonight or tomorrow (since I came down with a stomach virus this morning)). That way I won't have to write up a whole mess of introductions all at once, and I can more-or-less ease myself back into the whole "running a game" thing.

Top Bottom