[OOC] Paladin Academy

Shizno

Paladin Academy, one of the most prestigious institutions dedicated to teaching young trainers how to train and raise Pokemon. Ever since its inception forty years ago by the famous Sir Victor S. Paladin, Esquire, the academy has taught trainers that have become Pokemon champions, contest victors, and even famous breeders. Truly, there is something for everyone in the academy: training classes for those that desire to be the best, more traditional classes for those focusing on academics, and many more. Paladin Academy has something for every student that walks through its gates.

The Academy itself was founded on a remote island north of Hoenn and west of Johto. This island is commonly referred to as Arche Island. The only dock on the island is on the northeastern side which quickly leads to the main campus of the academy. At the center of this campus stands the main building where many of the classes are held, as well as the dean’s office is. From there, there is the arena which has the potential to seat all five hundred members of the student body they have enrolled. The next major buildings are where the three houses of the students sleep.

The first house is Celebi Green, which the majority of new students are placed into. Celebi represents the idea of growth and time, which is perfect to symbolize the potential the new students have. The second house is Manaphy Blue. This house holds very few new students as only the absolute best can be placed into it at the start. Instead, most students are ranked to Blue after a year of studies. The final house is Victini Red which symbolises victory. This shows how hard the students have studied and trained to get where they are. Students of Victini Red are given the most privileges and are often the students that help teachers with younger classes.

And this where where you, the next year of students arrive on the island. A whole new set of young faces, eager to make their names known.

---

Character Creation:
No set character sheet because I don’t care to. Do it however you please, really. Just be aware that there must be an actual reason that your characters are attending the academy. This doesn’t mean you have to have beat the elite four already, but just that you show promise. Or, hell, your parents could have just been loaded.

As for Pokemon that you own, I’m doing this like I typically do: One pokemon to start with at its first form. If you choose one with only one form, it’ll be young. So yeah, pretty open here to whatever you want. One limitation: no legendaries. I have to put my foot down somewhere.

As for everything else, I’m pretty fuckin’ open about it. Want to be an Ace Trainer? Sure. Want to be a breeder? Awesome. A Psychic? Go for it. So long as everything makes sense. If something isn't clear, just ask me and I'll explain.

Celebi Green Schedule and Club List

Last edited:

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Character: Raven Eminence

Class: Psychic, for now.

Abilities: Fairly powerful telekinesis, not much telepathy yet.

Appearance: Somewhat short (5'3"), wears a long black coat with purple trim. Underneath wears a purple shirt, black pants, and black shoes. Purple eyes and long blond hair. 17 years old.

Pokemon: A male Ralts.

Backstory: Tolvan came to Paladin Academy from Celestic Town in Sinnoh. Tolvan was sent to the Academy on the recommendation of Cynthia, Champion of Sinnoh, who saw him with his Pokemon while visiting the town. About a month earlier, Tolvan had managed to fight off a rampaging Garchomp, and she thought he would make a great Trainer. Tolvan's dream is to search for the legends of the world (Pokemon and otherwise). He also wants to become a Champion, however.

Personality: Tolvan is highly intelligent, and his personality ranges from witty to sarcastic. He is rarely serious, but when he is, he's slightly intimidating.

Last edited:

Shizno

Manaphy Blue
I might not have made it obvious. All PCs will be starting as first years in Celebi Green.
Plus, using a Gallade and a Gardevoir is something of a trademark of mine.
That's quite an unoriginal trademark, I want to say. Like having your trademark being a team of eeveelutions. But I'll allow it; both of them will be weaker than most people's singular starter.
recommendation of Cynthia
I'd like a better reason for why 'Tolvan' is there. The recommendation of Cynthia is fine, but give an actual reason for why she sent you.
If you're going to be a psychic, state what kind of abilities your character has. This doesn't mean they won't expand, just what he can do at the start.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I think I'll make a character sheet, I'm having problems deciding on my pokemon. I am thinking either Snowrunt, Mareep, Mawhile, Beldum, Shuppet, Litwit, or Misdreavus. There are way too many pokemon.

Shizno

Any of those are fine, but I suggest remembering how to spell Mawile and Litwick if you plan on going with them.
I'm just teasing, but yeah, any of those are fine.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Unoriginal trademark? Really? I literally chose these instead of a starter or something for originality (and because they're my favorite Pokemon). I'm sorry for having 'unoriginal' favorites.

Anyway, fixed my sheet. Honestly, I just wanted to make the Yugioh joke...

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Look there are way too many pokemon, I can't be expected to know how to spell every single one.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
You're going to Duel-er... Paladin Academy. You're definitely expected to know how to spell every Pokemon's name.

But seriously, I had to look up the spelling of Elgyem earlier, so you're fine.
Let's b-b-b-b-b-b-battle! I feel really stupid for missing the Yu-Gi-Oh refernce in the first post, that being said I did not care much for Jaden. My favourite types are steel, ghost and ice, it's hard to decide which I like the most though.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Yeah I didn't watch that season, Jaden was kind of annoying. I need to rewatch the yugioh abridged series. Hmm I kind of feel like doing something outside of my comfort zone and rping a female character.

Last edited:

Shizno

comfort zone and rping a female character.
I approve of doing things differently with the characters you play.
Yeah I didn't watch that season, Jaden was kind of annoying.
I liked GX. I've been meaning to watch it, mainly for the parts where most of people get traumatized psychologically. Even Jaden become's enveloped in despair and self-pity. And all from losing at a children's card game.
Shit, I want to run Yu-Gi-Oh! now.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
I liked GX. I've been meaning to watch it, mainly for the parts where most of people get traumatized psychologically. Even Jaden become's enveloped in despair and self-pity. And all from losing at a children's card game.
Shit, I want to run Yu-Gi-Oh! now.
Yeah, the show is pretty decent around Season 3, I think.

A Yu-Gi-Oh! RP might be interesting...

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So does this academy have some some sort of dress code like in YuGiOh! Also is there anything other than mega evolutions and fairy type that got changed in gen 6? I don't know much about that gen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom