OVERWATCH

13thforsworn

> My season rating was less than the team average
> Two players disconnect 2-3 times each during the game
> Gold medal in healing because I'm playing Mercy
> Lose FIFTY-FIVE (55) points for the loss

FUCK THIS GAME MAN, WHAT THE FUCK

13thforsworn

Someone posted a GIF on the Overwatch subreddit that I felt ended prematurely. So I fixed it.

First time using Sony Vegas, so if I make any more videos in the future, hopefully they'll be higher quality than the MS Movie Maker stuff.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I keep telling people in comp.

"Guys, seriously, anyone can get one of those things..."
Someone posted a GIF on the Overwatch subreddit that I felt ended prematurely. So I fixed it.

First time using Sony Vegas, so if I make any more videos in the future, hopefully they'll be higher quality than the MS Movie Maker stuff.
I still feel like it ends early.

I had an incident in Nepal a few days ago, as Lucio, where an enemy Roadhog hooked me to a drop, let me fall... I started the long climb back up. Several seconds later, our Pharah blasted him off of the same heights, and the bastard hooked me again on the way down. However, he died before the chain actually went taut, so I managed to find the wall and keep going again. I ultimately died to a Tactical Visor before ever managing to regain the floor, but in the meantime, Roadhog's allchat frustration was both plentiful and heartwarming.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Easy and I played her on the PTR yesterday, and I'm inclined to agree with you on that one. She's a solid tank to group around and can put out much more damage than any other tank (except for, possibly, a high-charge Zarya) at medium range; her ability to become immune to CC is great and allows your team to survive what could otherwise be an absolute wipe, and her right-click has incredible utility if you use it the right way - between good timing and shield placement, I used it to 1v1 a tank mode Bastion yesterday, and it has much broader utility.

The only area she feels a little lacking in is HP; I think she'd play a little more tank-y if she got +50 health or armor, but she'd need a damage nerf to compensate. It's super easy to pass 10 or even 15k damage with her as is, provided you're not an awful shot.

13thforsworn

New Nexus 2.0 Challenge is out for Heroes of the Storm, so that means Overwatch promotional items!

Most notably is the Officer D.Va skin. There's other stuff as well, like a repeat on the Oni Genji stuff, sprays, and loot boxes for OW as well.

Somewhere, some nerd is looking at that new D.Va skin and thinking, "This is all of my fetishes. O_O"

EDIT: In order to get the stuff in the later weeks, you have to do the previous weeks' tier first.

Week 1
Play 5 games with a Friend (in Vs AI, Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked) to receive the following rewards:

• Overwatch
    • Genji Oni Skin
    • Oni Genji Icon
    • Oni Genji Spray
  • Heroes of the Strom
    • Oni Genji Portrait
    • Oni Genji Spray
    • Oni Genji Banner
    • Orochi Hovercycle Mount
Week 2
Play 5 games with a Friend (in Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked) to receive the following rewards:
Week 3
Play 5 games with a Friend (in Quick Match, Unranked, or Ranked) to receive the following rewards:
  • Overwatch
    • Officer DVa Icon
    • Officer DVa Spray
  • Heroes of the Storm
    • Officer DVa Portrait
    • Officer Dva Spray
    • Officer DVa Banner
    • Overwatch Nexagon Mount
Week 4
  • Overwatch
    • 10 Loot Boxes
  • Heroes of the Strom
    • 10 Loot Chests

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
This Nexus challenge looks so, so much better than the last once. I think I'll actually bother with it this time for the sake of the skins, and maybe for the loot boxes as well.

13thforsworn

This Nexus challenge looks so, so much better than the last once. I think I'll actually bother with it this time for the sake of the skins, and maybe for the loot boxes as well.
To be fair, Nexus 1.0 Challenge was their first crack at cross-promoting between Overwatch and HotS, and the Oni Skin was fucking baller. I suspect that they lowered the number of games played needed to unlock each individual tier based on their internal statistics in regards to who started the challenge and actually finished it.

Btw, on the HotS side of things, you can choose from four different bundles that gives you 20 free heroes, so now is the time to take advantage of both promos.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, well, you'd think that but...
I don't wanna play HotS...

I, like many, am the kinda guy that almost never uses the second-best skin in my possession for any given hero, at any given time. Forget it. Don't need the extra luggage, anyway.

13thforsworn

Yeah, well, you'd think that but...

I, like many, am the kinda guy that almost never uses the second-best skin in my possession for any given hero, at any given time. Forget it. Don't need the extra luggage, anyway.
Which is your preferred DVa skin?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If your favorite D.Va skin isn't Palanquin or Junebug, you can get the fuck outta my face with your inferior taste. Junebug's easily got the best color, while Palanquin's (arguably) got the best design.

13thforsworn

If your favorite D.Va skin isn't Palanquin or Junebug, you can get the fuck outta my face with your inferior taste. Junebug's easily got the best color, while Palanquin's (arguably) got the best design.
I use Palaquin, but my favorite one is easily Taegeukgi. Never got it as a drop though. >: (

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Which is your preferred DVa skin?
Palanquin. Junebug's my second-favorite, but loot boxes have given me every D.Va legendary but that one. So, my runner-up is B.Va.

Taekeugki's pretty good, though I don't have it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom