OVERWATCH

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
You guys would have gotten fucked in the ass if their team had had some Genjis and Pharahs, and I could believe it happening anyways.

Dunno why the fuck they'd keep Soldier 76, though.

13thforsworn

So I finally got my new PC built minus the GPU (using a GTX 760 temporarily) and I'm getting 70 FPS on high and 45-70 on epic, BUT I'm getting this horrible screen stutter every 10 seconds or so (I lag). Never got this beforehand. Is this something that is happening for anyone else since the newest patch?

Also, fullscreen still doesn't work and the menu is still unclickable on my brand new machine. How the fuck is that even possible. Blizzard have really dropped the ball with this game.

Last edited:

Salsy

Never have had any issues with this game myself. Tried messing with settings and couldn't replicate your problem.

13thforsworn

Screen stuttering has seemed to have stopped, which is really nice. Fullscreen and clicking issues still persist, but at least the gaming experience is good when I finally get into a game.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Make sure your video drivers are up to date. Also post up your specs. I'm a technophile and need more material for the wank-bank.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
You should definitely get more RAM when you get the chance but everything else considered there should be no performance issues. I'd go with the 1070 though. AMD is nice but nVidia GPUs get more support in video games and generally seem to be less problem prone. Also the GTX will get you CUDA cores which a lot of programs are taking advantage of such as the Adobe suite.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
My team and I were getting ripped the fuck apart defending King's Row for the first two points. I had died three times and gotten two whole elims. Then I switched to Reinhardt and went ham on the last point, going 26 elims to two deaths. We kept them off of the payload for like ten minutes straight and ended up winning.

I'm honestly not sure why I play anyone other than Reinhardt. He's the fucking best.

Walrus

Played a friend's copy of Overwatch last weekend. This is a much cleaner design than TF2. Charging ultimates rewards players for accomplishments and gives them something to look forward to even if they're regularly dying. Making all abilities/attacks a MOBA-style hotkey is easier and more intuitive than switching weapons and dealing with switch-times (a boring but necessary skill in TF2 and other shooters). The wide variety of support and defensive abilities makes for a more interesting dynamic with room for team synergy (whereas in competitive TF2 players tend to lean towards generalist characters).

Good job, Blizzard. Your biggest mistake is not having a class as fun as the Spy, but Reaper is pretty close.

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Looks like they just released competitive play for PC.

Who wants to group up and place in competitive together? We'll like, figure out a schedule or something. Mics preferred.

Salsy

Already ended up going 7-3 in my placements. Wish more randoms used voice chat.

AndyM03

I'm honestly not sure why I play anyone other than Reinhardt. He's the fucking best.
I've grown to love him, he's fuckin awesome. When i'm not doing good I can be a vital support to the team, when I am doing good i'm getting mad multi kills. He's great.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Oh, I should probably post here since I own the game.

He's my favorite tank from what I've played on the PS4. Pop your shield, push the objective while your team fucks around. If anyone tries to get you, just melee and rocket blast. The only other that I enjoy about the same is Zarya due to her just shielding people and getting stronger from it.

Junkrat is the character that I play the most. He's pretty fun with his kit and he's gotten even better once I learned that you can use your mine to do a rocket-jump. On defense in Hollywood, I feel like I can clear the map in seconds with it. His ultimate is incredibly satisfying if you get it off.

Following that, it's Tracer since I know her kit decently from Heroes of the Storm. She's pretty satisfying and I'm getting better at her.

I've played Mercy, but Zenyatta is more interesting to me with his orbs, so I've been playing as him.

I have a playstation 4, so I can also stream and I'll be streaming Overwatch tonight, so if folks feel like watching me make either good plays or the worst mistakes then I recommend it.

Top Bottom