[Part 1 of Poll 2 Released] Apparently I'm Nate Silver, so Let's Run Some Election Polls

Steal Thy Kill

First Poll Closed.

Top Choice Votes:

1. TC (26%)
2. Coolpool (21%)
3. Tirin (15%)
4. Jeroth (10%)
5 (tied). Walrus, Zircom, None, Pally, Stone Cold Steve Austin (5% each)
6. Wilger (0%)

Favorability Ratings:

Tirin: Nearly half negative. About a third positive. 1 was the most common, followed by 4.
Zircom: Over half negative. 15% positive. 2 was the most common, followed by 3.
Coolpool: Equal numbers positive and negative. 5 was the most common, followed by 1.
Wilger: Over 80% negative. None hold a positive opinion. 1 and 2 were equally common.
Walrus: Nearly 2/3rds negative. 15% positive. 2 was the most common, followed by 1.
TC: Slightly more positive than negative opinions. 1 was the most common, followed by 4.
Jeroth: One fifth negative. Three fifths positive. 5 was the most common, followed by 4.

The Court Case:

The majority of forumers following the case look less favorably upon Tirin for his role in it, with no respondents thinking better of him for it. As for Coolpool, few forumers had their opinions affected at all by the case. Of the few changes of opinion, Coolpool gained ground overall.

Headlines and Takeaways:

Tirin: Incumbent Mayor Earns Public Ire, Losing in First Poll! Bannings set to increase as election day approaches!

The court case was a blunder and setback for the campaign, plain and simple. Is it simply for targeting a beloved forumer? Or for weak charges? Or out of some plain old courtroom fatigue? Or, likely, all of it. With over a third of voters ranking the candidate a 1, and not enough first place ballots in his favor, the incumbent needs to do work if he wants to keep his seat.

Zircom: Everybody Forgets About Candidate! Meh Opinion Forms!

Zircom still holds some popularity thanks to his agreeable platform of "No More Dunsparce" and being a pretty sweet dude, but Out of Sight, Out of Mind is keeping him at what can be roughly evaluated as third from the bottom.

Coolpool: Candidate Says He's Not Running! Half of Forum Disagrees!

The forum is sharply divided upon his candidacy. It's clear that the voters are one of two camps. Either they are adhering to the candidate's wishes, or they are going to vote for him anyway. Given his widespread popularity and likability, the biggest obstacle between Coolpool and victory are two words: "I'm running".

Wilger: Candidate Receives No Votes! Dropout Imminent!

Like Zircom, this is a candidate with no publicity. Unlike Zircom, there's nothing to fall back on. While preferential voting allows for a crowded race, the odds seem insurmountable for Wilger.

Walrus: Community Turns Out to Save Walrus Funraiser! Community Doesn't Turn Out to Vote Walrus!

To be fair, these results are slightly better than expected, but not good enough for any sane candidate to continue without a massive change in opinion.

TC: Scandal-Ridden Candidate Winning the Popular Vote! America Feeling Major Deja Vu!

TC's favorability mockup is similar to Tirin's, though slightly better. While he has a decent shot at some third choice votes, the massive bloc of 1s is a chain on his ankle. His greatest advantage is that he currently has the most top choice votes, and therefore is guaranteed to survive at least the first few rounds of culling, though how well he does in those rounds is debatable.

One respondent did rate TC a 1, then voted for him anyway, so it looks like he has the Firedemon demographic locked up.

Jeroth: Everybody's Second Choice!

With favorables unseen since Wolfy, and a preferential voting system, Jeroth is a stealth favorite for this race... if he can earn enough first place votes to move on. Many voters find Jeroth as favorable as their top candidate, but he needs to live long enough to get those second choice votes.

Full Results Here.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
My goodness, that's quite significant given the size of our voter base.

You know, frankly - I think that it may be time to go back to what works, instead of all of these newfangled tactics promising support, activity, and Tirinomics. To make Mach Entertainment great again, I'll return to what got me elected in the first place: widespread oppression of political dissidents for the purpose of suppressing political dissidence.

I will promise all of you one thing: Tyler will suffer badly for the injustices that he has perpetrated against this forum and all of its inhabitants. And lemme tell you something about the Danger - I'm gonna bring it all back!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, I'm so sure it is. We've got a criminal convicted of some serious, awful shit saying it's all back - and there's nobody to verify it but him. Frankly, Crooked TC should be locked up!

Firedemon

I'll return to what got me elected in the first place: widespread oppression of political dissidents for the purpose of suppressing political dissidence.
I mean, you've been doing this already in the court with flimsy charges that Easy could barely even punish after the defendants (foolishly/lazily) pled guilty...

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That's neither widespread nor intense enough. Besides, my case with Rondait was entirely legitimate - and, frankly, I respect him pleading guilty to avoid wasting the court's time.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I mean, you've been doing this already in the court with flimsy charges that Easy could barely even punish after the defendants (foolishly/lazily) pled guilty...
"Could" is the wrong word, but let's just say that I was not prepared to have to handle a goddamn guilty plea on that one.
Go nuts ya'll. Sorry it's sideways.
tl;dr need to edit out the C, N', DULT. Move some letters closer together, add an E and two S's. I'm not much for photo correction* myself, though. Someone wanna try asking Reddit about it?

Top Bottom