PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG)

13thforsworn

In case you've been living under a rock, PUBG is the hottest game on Steam as of a little while ago, having originally dropped in March, surpassing even Dota 2 and CSGO in concurrent player count. The premise is essentially a Battle Royal/Hunger Games game mode. 100 people (yes, 100) drop out of an airplane at the beginning of the match with nothing, and must scavenge the island they drop onto for weapons, equipment, and supplies. As people die, the game will push players into an increasingly smaller and smaller playfield with the use of a poisonous gas that envelops the island. The win condition is simple; be the last person (or squad) alive.

Anyway, is anyone playing this game? It's hella fun, and scratches that itch that previous games like Arma 2 DayZ and H1Z1 just couldn't. Yesterday I won my first chicken dinner playing in a squad with some friends. The last two circles were absolutely exhilarating.

13thforsworn

My friend today: "I've never ever been killed in the red zone."

*UAZ carrying fully-geared squad hit by an artillery shell not even 3 seconds later*

-_____-

Top Bottom