Pollywogs #2 - Time to Split

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
logo.png

The 2nd page of Pollywogs is now up on the comic section of the site! I don't know if there's any sort of way to follow a comic, and I'd assume there isn't since a lot of the stuff on the comic section (like comments) IS BROKEN, so I guess for updates, I'll just make news posts! Every week...

Comic: https://machentertainment.com/comics/?comic=pollywogs-2-time-to-split

GIVE ME FEEDBACK, GOD DAMN IT.
I mean uh... something.

THANKS FOR READING :3 :3

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
It's still early so narrative wise I still can't tell where the story is going. The hand written dialogue does get jumbled from time to time, but so far it's decipherable.

So far if I were to have just randomly stumbled upon the comic there really isn't anything that would catch my attention and make me come back.

it's clear your still doing some world building so keep it up.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's still early so narrative wise I still can't tell where the story is going. The hand written dialogue does get jumbled from time to time, but so far it's decipherable.
Yeah, these first couple pages are more-so setting up, sorta coming out of one story and going into the actual story. And yeah, handwriting. I'm tempted to just use the text tool, but you said it's decipherable so idk, maybe if I just spend more time making the written text look nicer. My handwriting has always been bad though.

So far if I were to have just randomly stumbled upon the comic there really isn't anything that would catch my attention and make me come back.
Yeah, I'm not really sure what could be done to keep people coming back other than maybe cliffhangers since this comic is mainly about the story and characters. Ah well, hopefully I can develop the characters well enough to keep people coming back.

it's clear your still doing some world building so keep it up.
Yeah, it's gonna be pretty much nothing but world building for a bit. Hopefully it'll get more interesting after this first chapter is done though, which is only 2 more pages.

Thanks for the feedback, Null. You brought up some points I will think about! ;3

Snarky video response
It's not really meant to be funny. There will be some jokey dialog occasionally and visual gags and stuff, but it's more about the story and characters than anything.

Walrus

First comic: Oh okay I guess. I don't really understand what's going on.

Second comic: OH! That's what's going on and now the first comic is pretty funny.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First comic: Oh okay I guess. I don't really understand what's going on.

Second comic: OH! That's what's going on and now the first comic is pretty funny.
Ah, at least there was some sort of reaction there. Perhaps it wasn't the best decision to start out the comic basically coming out of one story that no one knows about and going into the next. Too late to go back now though ;3

Since the premise has basically been established with these two pages (I think?), hopefully the story will be a bit more straightforward from here on.

Frilzer

The text was difficult for me to read on the second page, otherwise, looking forward to what you come up with.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The text was difficult for me to read on the second page, otherwise, looking forward to what you come up with.
All right, yeah, enough people have made note of the text being difficult to read, so I'm gonna go ahead and just start using the text tool, at least until I can improve my handwriting.
Glad you're looking forward to stuff though! ;3

Top Bottom