[Art] Project Black Horizon

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I've been working on this off and on for a while. I wanted to go back to some of the Black Horizon characters that I don't have much art for and do something with them. Also work on an action pose. Been wanting to do this character for a while too and do something cool with the robot arms.
Hourglass.jpg

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
This is going to be a bit different update than usual. I've got other artwork I'll get around to posting eventually, but this project is a lot different than what i usually do.

A buddy and I are tanning a couple cow hides. I've never done something like this before and my buddy has only done a deer hide once, so it's a bit of a learning experience. Yesterday the plan was to scrape all the remaining fat and meat off both hides and start soaking them in a ash and water mixture to remove the hair. We under estimated the size of the project and spent five hours scraping one of the hides.

We hope to start the second hide sometime this week and hopefully finish it this coming weekend. and after the hair is removed we'll start the actual tanning process. We're trying to work around busy holiday schedules and trying to get things done as soon as possible. thankfully it's really cold outside so that will buy us some time to keep the hides from going bad.

25139320_1532435230145402_567955278_o.jpg

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
One of my few and far between posts, but this was the latest piece I finished. A commission for a friend.
DVa Final.jpg

p.s. I had to scrap the tanning project, life got super busy a week after we started and a whole cow hide is huge.

Top Bottom