[Art] Project Black Horizon

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Long story short I have decided to make a webcomic and I figure I can use this thread to keep you updated on the progress. I'm going for the sci-fi dystopian future spy thriller thing.

Right now everything is preproduction and I'm roughly sketching out pages and writing dialog. I plan to get several quickly done to see if the story and progression make sense before I begin working on the actual pages. After I get somewhere between 20-30 pages done I will make a site and begin posting once or twice a week depending on how long the finished pages take to ensure I keep a regular schedule and have a good buffer of finished pages in case life happens one week or something.

I'm not really expecting to make much money at all on this mostly its just for fun and I have the time to do it.

Here's some concepts. I'm mostly just building off some of my previous works and ideas.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Sounds really cool Null, with your art skills I'm excited to see what it will turn out like. Best of luck with this project.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Writing dialog is probably the hardest bit for me right now, but that's where I'm least skilled. So far that's whats taking the longest.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I should really update this more, if anything to keep me motivated on the project.

So progress has been slow, I have about 7 pages planned out as sort of an introductions for the characters and the world. I plan to finish these pages fully because they work well enough on there own and I can take the story wherever I want afterwards. I plan to think about the next pages when I finish the first seven because I will probably have a better idea on where to take the story after I work on things a bit. I also have recruited Colonel Thunder to help co-write because He has more of a knack for that sort of thing then I do.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Weekly update. So I wanted to know if it would be possible to keep my projected schedule of releasing one page per week, so over the last week I focused on completing one page. Between videogames, unexpected social events, and regular life stuff I have one page roughly 90% done.

I would have like to have the page finished by now, but this week did have an above average amount of just extra unplanned activities, that I wasn't even able to work on the project some days. Also I could do better at prioritizing work and videogames. as such I feel I can keep the projected schedule.

Frilzer

Thats awesome. No need to rush. Even if you wanted to build up a stock of a few pages and release them slowly, you could. But I dont know if you would feel the need to do it if you were only showing us so far. Maybe when you have a site up and all. But never be afraid to post stuff. Sharing helps us support you, which in turn gives you more motivation.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I really do want to show off what I've got, but I have a few reasons for holding back. For starters I want to keep to a regular release schedule. I'm also considering Mach Entertainment to host the comic and buy posting here what I have done and then in the set aside webcomic area would be redundant.

That being said, if I can come up with a good way to give you guys a teaser every now and then I will try to do that.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Mach Entertainment to host the comic and buy posting here
the comic and buy posting
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING!? I'm a poor bastard begging other people for money to keep us alive!!

I am just going to assume you meant "by" instead... yes that's definitely what he meant.

Obligatory video.

I also feel there's some form of joke involving art careers and making no money but I'll refrain from that. I have too many friends in art careers that I hope make it big someday and I wish for the same for you.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Weekly update again.

I've started work on the next five pages, mostly just line work and dialog. probably the hardest part about these pages, details and filling everything in takes a little longer, but it requires less thinking. I've also started on a teaser, so expect that in the near future.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I need to let you guys know plans are changing. Life threw a curve ball and I got a new job. I now have considerably less time to devote to this project as before. I originally wanted to launch the comic on May 23rd, but I may not even be in town that weekend to make that happen. I will not be able to keep my original scheduled. I'm still debating what to do, but right now I'm leaning toward still working on this when I can and releasing pages as I finish them. The problem being the irregular release schedule and long periods of inactivity between releases will likely result in loss of interest and viewership. I may even loose interest and just never finish the thing.

Anyway just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I originally wanted to launch the comic on May 23rd, but I may not even be in town that weekend to make that happen.
Funny you say that, I might be migrating the server which might makes some plans a little bit more complex. The box we're on is way too expensive and Mach is probably not going to host anymore games which would makes us able to get a cheaper box.

Bryaugh

Unknown
Wow.... I am in awe of your talents, Null. Do you draw for a living? Because you totally could.

Top Bottom