Quick Question

How Long Should our Videos Be?

• 5 minutes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 10 minutes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 15 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OMG I don't even watch ur vids fuck off!!!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, so for those who have been watching the videos we've been making, or just like watching gameplay videos in general, how long can a video be before you think it's too long? Asking this 'cause, while I try to make the videos heavily edited to keep you interested, if the video is too long, you'll probably lose interest anyways. So attached is a poll. I'm trying to keep the videos at around 10 minutes, but hey, whatever y'all vote will influence this. Might not influence Alex, but I'll certainly listen.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I prefer 5 minute videos because they're easier to find time to watch, I'll still watch the 10 minute ones it just might take me a while to get to them.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I prefer 5 minute videos because they're easier to find time to watch, I'll still watch the 10 minute ones it just might take me a while to get to them.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Realistically though a 10 minute video to me would probably moreso be around 7 minutes, so like, no shorter than 5 minutes and no longer than 10.5. That's what I was kinda going for though.

I asked this now 'cause I'm editing the first part of my nuzlocke right now, and I just passed the 5 and a half minute mark, and it ending there would be all right, but I was curious 'cause there's still more that could go after that.

Requiem

Go for the game grumps method. About ten minutes unless something happens which requires you keep time going.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, the superior method is make all of our videos into one giant upload making it tiring and cumbersome to watch individual pieces and insinuating that it should all be watched in one sitting.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, the superior method is make all of our videos into one giant upload making it tiring and cumbersome to watch individual pieces and insinuating that it should all be watched in one sitting.
If you wanted to be nice you could always put timecodes in the description for specific parts. Why would we be nice though?

Actually, now that I think about it, putting timecodes would require us to watch our own videos and who the fuck does that, right? So fuck that.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your sarcasm implies that I actually watch my own videos.
How does one edit without watching? HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT ACTUALLY UPLOADING YOUR SEX TAPE? ALL THE THINGS YOU COULD BE UPLOADING, THINKING THEY'RE LET'S PLAYS, BUT YOU'RE NOT WATCHING THEM SO IT COULD BE ANYTHING!!!

God talking in all caps is obnoxious.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I just watch the first 20 seconds and the last 20 seconds. That's what everybody else watches right?

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Note taken, next video I'll upload will be 10 minutes long with a 15 minute intro. Best of all I'll use generic dubstep and a template to make said intro.
You're thinking too small, Alex. We also need to upload the intro as it's own separate video, with it's own intro, so that we can make twice as much money! We'll make a whole cent instead of half a cent! Think of the things we could do with a WHOLE PENNY!!!

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also, I am now un-stickying this post because it has served its purpose.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Don't forget we have to upload that videos intro separately with its own intro.
It's a never-ending cycle.

... these videos would also get longer and longer... WHICH MEANS EVEN MORE MONEY BECAUSE YOUTUBE FAVORS WATCH TIME, OMG IT'S GENIUS

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Today YouTube tomorrow we'll buy Facebook and build a fireWALL around it preventing Trump voters from getting in. Let's see how they like it being on the other side of a wall.

Top Bottom