Rank Your Steam Library

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Steam updated it's library options so it's a lot easier to customize. The organization Nazi in me enjoyed spending 2 hours last night renaming and resorting all my games into relevant categories.

I sorted all games into rather utilitarian categories. (Complete but May Replay Someday, Currently Playing, Not My Jam, Unplayed, Want to Start Playing).

You can put games in multiple categories though, so I also ranked all the ones I have played. It was fun to issue judgment on over a decade's worth of PC gaming. I did not sort them with any particular rules, but I tried to make them roughly equal with the exception of the S tier.

Here are my S and A Tier rankings:

S Tier:
Dark Souls: Remastered
Elite Dangerous
FTL
Mount and Blade: Warband
Spec Ops: The Line
Stardew Valley
TF2
Undertale
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

A Tier:
Firewatch
Half-Life (1, 2, and 2 episodes)
Mass Effect series
Nidhogg
Portal (1 and 2)
The Stanley Parable
Transformice
The Walking Dead (Season 1)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Some friends and I hung out on Discord last night while we all sorted. Several of us had revelations about what our favorite games tend to be. I couldn't find a cohesive theme for my S tier, since it's such a smattering of different genres and tones. If there's anything that unites the majority of them, I'd guess it's masterclass world-building and existential themes?

It was easier to spot a pattern in my A list games. Almost all of these games take place in a nearish future where humanity is facing (or has already faced) an extinction level threat.

Please judge my judgment and tell me why I have shit taste, or at least tell me why my pattern analysis is wrong. Then sort and share your own Steam library.

Top Bottom