Roleplaying Rules and Suggestions

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Newbies, I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of those huge ears of yours and listen close. We've got rules that you need to follow if you intend to RP on this forum, because if you don't follow them nobody is going to want to RP with you and your posts may be ignored and/or deleted.

1. No bunnying or godmodding. Bunnying refers to taking control of another person's character without confirmation that you can do so; this is a problem because it stops another person from roleplaying their character. Godmodding refers both to having your character succeed at something without leaving a chance for him or her to fail, as well as giving your character ridiculous items, powersets, or skills that they could not believably have, especially for their age.

2. Absolutely no metagaming. Metagaming refers to using out of character knowledge of what's happening in the RP to decide on how your character will react; for example, if you are metagaming you may have one of your characters have known that someone intended to backstab the party all along, despite evidence in character contradicting this belief.

3. Use proper spelling and grammer when describing your character's actions, or it will be difficult to take you seriously. The main exception to this is in the way your character speaks. Furthermore, do your best not to switch between tenses, especially not within a single post or biography/history section.

4. The DM/GM/whoever's running the RP has the final say in what happens. If your character gets crippled, dies, or something else terrible happens to them, you can certainly try to appeal to the DM to make that not happen, but you absolutely cannot ignore it entirely.

5. It's generally best not to post with colored text in character. While this is hardly a big deal, it usually looks gaudy and unpleasant, and may give off the impression that you're trying to make your character super special by giving them colored text.

6. Please don't double post.

7. Tirin never dies.

Zapy97

8. On the rare occasion that Tirin dies, Zapy97 did it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I've edited the rules a little. The only change that really matters is that they've gone from guidelines or suggestions to something I intend to seriously enforce if it becomes necessary (excepting rule 7).

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
No, as I expect that that'll be taking place over Skype or Roll20 or something, and it's pretty rude to demand people abide by forum rules while not on the forum.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
No, as I expect that that'll be taking place over Skype or Roll20 or something, and it's pretty rude to demand people abide by forum rules while not on the forum.
Can confirm. Will be doing D&D thing over roll 20 and Skype.

Top Bottom