Ended Rondait's Horus Heresy Mafia: The Imperium Stands!

Rondait

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only mafia!
Well that tag line is just cheesy enough to work, I guess. Hello all and welcome to my very special Horus Heresy mafia. I've spent a lot of time and had plenty of fun coming up with roles for this, so I look forward to watching how this game will play out. No, I'm not doing any bastard DM things this game. I love the Warhammer franchise and want to run further mafia games with a similar theme (using other races and the like) in the future so I'm not willing to jeopardize that by bringing anything stupid into this game.

With that out of the way if you're not familiar with Warhammer 40k, well, the most I can say is that there are plenty of resources to learn about the wonderful grimdark world that it is. In short however the Horus Heresy refers to the time in which Horus Lupercal led a civil war against his father and the rest of the Imperium after aligning himself with the forces of chaos. All this takes place about ten thousand years prior to the main setting of "warhammer 40k" and sets up quite a bit of the story behind humanity's strife. In this game there will be plenty of flavor text and roles that consist of characters from the universe but specific knowledge of the lore won't make a difference besides knowing that the town consists of the Emperor of Mankind and the loyalist primarchs while the mafia consists of Horus Lupercal and the other traitor primarchs.

Rondait's totally not stolen handy dandy rule book.

Phase Time
Day phases will have a minimum duration of 72 hours, but votes will no longer be counted following a hammer. Without a hammer, day phases will be ended 24 hours after the most recent post of substance is made.
- "Post of substance" is a term to be interpreted at my (probably generous) discretion, but cannot be expected to include posts that are strictly comedic or otherwise non-sequitur.

Night phases will have a maximum duration of 48 hours. I will not necessarily get on your case about submitting an action during this time; any failure to send in an action by the 48-hour mark will result in a no-action for that player.

Role composition:
This will be released once i know how many players I have. I can support as many or as few people as needed (I have a list for up to 25 players, which isn't happening).

Roleclaiming
As usual, role PM's may not be quoted. Less usually, they also may not be paraphrased. Very general summations like "doctor," "vig" etc. will be permitted.

Each player will be assigned a "Primarch" role. Primarch names may also not be roleclaimed unless otherwise specified.

Talk
Day-talk is unrestricted, barring specifically mentioned exceptions.

Night-talk is allowed, provided that:
- No player makes two consecutive posts at any time during the night, and
- Any post made during night phase is limited to 20 words or less in length. Images, GIF's, videos or other media containing more than 20 words of substance will be treated according to transcript.

Talking about the game to any forumers outside of specifically approved channels is always and absolutely disallowed.

Dead Chat
Unless otherwise specified, dead chat is allowed only provided that:
- Dead chat takes place within the chat specifically created by the GM for such purpose, or individually with said GM, and
- Dead chat does not contain any content likely to influence the future course of the game, either directly or by unintended leakage.

Post Edits
Editing your own posts is allowed at any time. If you wanna risk getting called out on an edit, so be it.

Editing another player's posts is in no way allowed, ever. If you wanna risk me modkilling and/or blacklisting the shit out of you, so be it.

Memes
Warhammer 40k memes during down times (such as after the game, right now during recruitment, etc etc) only. Of course, please feel free to send me as many as you want via PM.
No, there is no meme cannon.

Players:
Tirin
Requiem
Whitetiger
Zircom
Danny

Dead:
Tim: emperor of man
Firedemon: Sanguinius
Timid: Rogal Dorn
Lotus: Leman Russ
Jeroth: Vulkan
Bigrandy69: Perturabo
Dunsparce: Horus Lupercal

Last edited:
D

Danny

Unregsistered User
I know nothing about Warhammer, and I never will.
But with that said..

/in

Dunsparce

It might make for a fun twist, but I probably shouldn't do it in a legit Mafia game. I guess I'll do it in TC's new Poop Mafia.

Rondait

I'll send out roles and whatnot after I get home from work tonight. If anyone wants to join until then they're free to.

Top Bottom