Ended RWBY Mafia: The Manga The Game: Game Over (Draw)

AndyM03

Alright it might be too early to pull a Tirin but my reasoning was far from great and you're popping that lynch up to a number 3 without a backing argument?
Unlynch Anatron
Lynch Wilger

Smells awfully fishy boys.

Tag_Ross

We started on a night phase and not everyone has posted yet so there could still be some night 0 Intel that illudes us.

And yes, ending the day faster lessens the impact of grimm, but if we don't use our time in meaningful way then we may as well just go for a nolynch to ensure we don't kill a Townie and increase that Grimm counter by 60.

@Jeroth @Anatronman post anything so we can at least know you're aware that this is the thread in which the game is taking place.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Also, the title still says "Night Zero" when it's Day One.
Fuck. There's always something, isn't there?

Anyway, if anyone catches more inconsistencies like this, please do go ahead and call them out like this so I can have them fixed.

---

Current Lynch Count:

Anatron: 1 (Dunsparce)
W1LG3R: 1 (Andy)
Andy: 1 (W1LG3R)

At this point, I should probably mention that in the event of a tie, the lynchee will be chosen (from among the top candidates) at random.

Lemme know if I missed any votes.

The Grimm Counter is at 175.

AndyM03

We started on a night phase and not everyone has posted yet so there could still be some night 0 Intel that illudes us.
I agree, though I also think said people may have missed the boat to reveal information discreetly, and might not want to give themselves up to scum on the very first day. Though this is a unique game and who knows how well those individuals can defend themselves, maybe they don't care about keeping their head down.

Anyways, not liking Wilger's counter lynch either. Another strike against him imo.

Ro Ro Ro

Yeah, the short posts from wilger are kinda weird. Usually this is a town tell, as mafia tend to overcomplicate their posts, but when someone throws a lynch around, explanations are always important, and there really hasn't been one for either of his.

It's implied that the vote for Andy is just an impulsive response to being called out, but I have always found the best way to remove the target from your back isn't casting eyes on someone else, but to defend yourself properly, and after some people believe your case, scumhunt the bloodthirsty people that are still on you.

I will not be placing my vote yet, but I hope that this short posting from wilger will change. It doesn't help town very much when there isn't real discussion.

W1LG3RtheCyan

Reasons for the short posts:
1. It's been a very busy day and my time to post has been limited.
2. It's my first mafia game in over a year.

Reason for the lynch on Andy:
He hopped on the Anatronman bandwagon and then immediately changed his vote to the person who hopped on after him.

I lost 5 aura in a self-defense maneuver last night and didn't attack anybody.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
post anything so we can at least know you're aware that this is the thread in which the game is taking place.
I'm aware the thread is going on. I was honestly chit chatting with @Easy and @Tirin all day yesterday while playing Monster Hunter, so I never poked in the actual thread.

For now, I think @W1LG3RtheCyan is just town. I feel like @AndyM03 is going through the motions of the standard bait and switch meta that we've established on the forums: Start a bandwagon on someone, then once it hits a certain number, jump off and attack them.

but if we don't use our time in meaningful way then we may as well just go for a nolynch to ensure we don't kill a Townie and increase that Grimm counter by 60.
Thinking about it, but that could be a legitimate strategy if we all have offensive capabilities. On the other hand, we lack the knowledge, so it's more detrimental to us when it comes to actually attacking scum.

As far as my night went, I was targeted by quite a bit of people and I'm wondering who targeted me and why.

Rondait

Well i'm not necessarily advocating for a no lynch, but this game we are more punished than usual for being wrong.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Current Lynch Count:

No-Lynch: 1 (Ro)
Andy: 1 (W1LG3R)

The Grimm Counter is at 187

Without a hammer (5 votes), Day 1 will end tomorrow at 11:45 PM EST.

Tag_Ross

Damnit, I didn't hit send.

Reason for the lynch on Andy:
He hopped on the Anatronman bandwagon and then immediately changed his vote to the person who hopped on after him.
But... But you lynched him before he switched to you, that's not why you lynched him, that's why he may be suspicious now.
but if we don't use our time in meaningful way then we may as well just go for a nolynch to ensure we don't kill a Townie and increase that Grimm counter by 60.
Thinking about it, but that could be a legitimate strategy if we all have offensive capabilities.On the other hand, we lack the knowledge, so it's more detrimental to us when it comes to actually attacking scum.
Yeah, I thought so too, the problem though is the grim counter is still going to rise and we want to kill those Grimm too, since they're a known threat. So our offensive capabilities will go to waste killing Grimm since they'll just keep spawning at higher and higher rates.

AndyM03

Um, Tag. He switched first by 2 hours, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.
This is true

You might be right @Jeroth but that cheeky trick has worked enough times for me to stand by it for now, and I knew there were some players here who wouldn't have been expecting it. Unless you guys seriously get behind a no lynch I see a lot of people wasting time while Grimms are spawning, and nobody has any semblance of reasoning for a lynch besides me and I guess Wilger. There's a fine balance between rushing the day and scum delaying for Grimm spawns, and with the day ending tomorrow I think it's fair we get crackin' with something.

@Firedemon has been quiet i'll point out, and @Dunsparce hasn't made a post in awhile.

I dunno about you guys but in my mind I was waiting for Jeroth to come in and change the course of the day, either by providing information or committing to a lynch or no-lynch. His post hasn't technically furthered the game, but this observation might be jumping the gun a tad since we're still technically early in the game (Though ideally I think we should have posted a lot more). If you really were keeping an eye on the thread for most of the day via Easy/Tirin chats, I would hope you would have had more time to make a commitment to something. This is also really unfair on Jeroth to expect more from him but yeah Idk, just some thoughts boys. I feel like if we're burning daylight we should at least be grilling people. Ro is also guilty of posts that ride the line of inaction but we haven't played together in awhile.

Anyways happy to No Lynch as well I suppose, I might re-read the game rules but for now yeah. Also think if we decide to off someone Wilger is still the best bet. (Sorry dude).

W1LG3RtheCyan

Unlynch Andy

Lynch Nolynch

FD and Dunsparce have indeed been quiet, but it's still day 1. I say we get to Night 1 so that we can get more intel and minimize grimm spawn. That post is certainly enough to get you out of my crosshairs for the moment, Andy.

Rondait

Well, alrighty then. Unless someone is able to present something more convincing
Lynch Nolynch

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Current Lynch Count:

No-Lynch: 3 (Ro, W1LG3R, Rondait)

The Grimm Counter is at 192

Without a hammer (5 votes), Day 1 will end tomorrow at 11:45 PM EST.

AndyM03

Well, alrighty then. Unless someone is able to present something more convincing
Lynch Nolynch
I'll take this as a default reply as to say you don't find my argument convincing.

In 8 hours we'll hit a point where another level 1 Grim can spawn (we'll hit 200/50) so I will try to end the day (Nolynch) if it's in my power before that.

For players who only skimmed the OP and are just taking peoples word for it
- Day Phase length: For every hour to elapse between the start and end of a Day phase, the Grimm Counter will increase by 1.
- Townie death: Every time a Townie dies, the Grimm Counter will increase by a number equal to [# of surviving Townies at phase start] x 10.
- Townie damage: Every time a Townie takes damage without having their Stamina reduced to 0 or below, the Grimm Counter will increase by an amount equal to the damage taken.
These three points are the arguments for a no lynch.Though if we do mess up, Grimm will end up being a nuisance for scum as well.

Requiem

This will be my only post in this game until it ends (unless I need to post if Easy asks me to or something? Maybe?).

Just to clear it up since it seems people aren't understanding what Ro was doing when he said Lynch Nolynch, he wasn't suggesting a No Lynch vote, he was making the joke that he wanted to actually lynch someone named Nolynch.

I only clear this up in the case that a No Lynch vote actually goes through and Ro isn't able to post to explain that he was just joking/didn't realize his vote wasn't entirely clear.

If needed, I can delete this post, just wanted to avoid technical and clerical errors that might negatively impact the game.

Top Bottom