Ended RWBY Mafia: The Manga The Game: Game Over (Draw)

Rondait

Well, I'm not entirely sure what I should be finding convincing, Andy. If I understand correctly, you think we should try and lynch one of the lurkers or Wilger? While I honestly hate no lynching in general, I believe Dunsparce is town because no one else has stated that they were attacked. If I'm wrong, then I guess whoever was attacked could be keeping quiet about it, but I find that unlikely.

Firedemon is rather quiet, but I'd rather no lynch than lynch someone we have almost 0 information on and risk even more grim spawning.

As far Wilger goes, I don't find the "lynch x, wait for someone else to lynch x then lynch them instead" plan to be really useful, unless you have a better reasoning than that.

If I missed something or you disagree, feel free to say so, I'm not sold on no lynching, but I find it more appealing than other alternatives at the moment.

AndyM03

Well, I'm not entirely sure what I should be finding convincing, Andy. If I understand correctly, you think we should try and lynch one of the lurkers or Wilger? While I honestly hate no lynching in general, I believe Dunsparce is town because no one else has stated that they were attacked. If I'm wrong, then I guess whoever was attacked could be keeping quiet about it, but I find that unlikely.

Firedemon is rather quiet, but I'd rather no lynch than lynch someone we have almost 0 information on and risk even more grim spawning.

As far Wilger goes, I don't find the "lynch x, wait for someone else to lynch x then lynch them instead" plan to be really useful, unless you have a better reasoning than that.

If I missed something or you disagree, feel free to say so, I'm not sold on no lynching, but I find it more appealing than other alternatives at the moment.
I never advocated for lynching a lurker, rather pointed out the lurking being done. My only two suggestions are a Wilger lynch or No lynch.

While that is a summary of the move I pulled, it leaves out how poor Wilger's reasoning was for jumping on the lynch train. Well, I say poor, he didn't really give much of a reason. I might have saved that move for a later day but with confirmed two scum in the game Wilger moving a lynch up to 3 is at the very least notably significant. I'm actually concerned you're not sold on No lynching, especially if you don't find a Wilger lynch at least acceptable on a day 1 basis and nobody has come forward with night info. These seem clear to me to be the best townie options. Especially since it's optimal to finish this day within 8 hours and I've still yet to see an alternative lynch besides a no lynch.

Source on two scum being in the game.
I'm gonna be giving this two, maybe three days to get between 8 and 9 players. Two scum, six to eight Townies.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I honestly couldn't tell if Ro was joking or not. I went with "well, he didn't unlynch when he posted, so I guess I'll just roll with it.(?)"

Ro Ro Ro

Source on two scum being in the game.
Also, in the post that brought us into night 0, he named 7 characters from the show that would definitely be town.

I am going to put my vote onto wilger for now. He has jumped on a tractionless bandwagon, posted in tiny little blurbs that are hard to get a read off of, and has thrown his vote around wildly. This simply seems like a poorly played mafia alignment to me.

Lynch Wilger

I hope that wilger defends himself properly, or even better, that he just outright tells us that he is mafia, and then ends up being mafia. That one doesn't happen very often, but I can certainly hope for it.

Dunsparce

No-lynching is about the worst thing Town could ever do. If we don't lynch somebody, then we don't learn anything. The only reason to be arguing for a no-lynch is if you're scum yourself, or just not thinking it through.

I'm gonna go ahead and Unlynch Anatronman, even though he's a lurker piece of shit, and Lynch Andy.

I thought he was suspicious the moment he jumped on Wilger. Wilger's decision to lynch Anatron without even arguing for it was admittedly pretty dumb, but like Ro said earlier, it's not really something scum would do. Something that I do think scum would do is just sorta go with the flow of discussion until a random townie makes a mistake, and then make a play against them. And now he's trying to limit the Town's information by pushing for a no-lynch.

I'd be willing to switch my vote on to Wilger for obvious reasons, but if I learned anything from WWI Mafia, it's to trust my gut.

AndyM03

No-lynching is about the worst thing Town could ever do. If we don't lynch somebody, then we don't learn anything. The only reason to be arguing for a no-lynch is if you're scum yourself, or just not thinking it through.
It's not my ideal move, which is why I have, unlike most people in this game, had a lynch on a player and have been advocating for it.

There are three reasons why a No lynch would be acceptable, and that is as such:
1) Until Req pointed out the mistake, a No lynch vote had 3/5 needed. In roughly 7 hours now (?) we will hit 200 on the grim counter, which will leave us to deal with another grim tonight.
2) Since we have had a night 0, any information gatherers who wasted a shot now have even higher chances of finding scum tonight, making not killing those players more valuable.
3) Not only that, but if we do kill a townie it will increase the Grimm counter even more.

Despite all this I agree with you, I'd still rather kill someone today. There was no guarantee you, Jeroth, FD or Anatron would come in time to deliver a lynch on a player in that time frame. Just because I have given acknowledgements for the no-lynch does not mean it's my preferred move. My ultimate goal is to end the day in 7 hours to counter the Grimm, which doesn't rort us of too much conversation since the real deadline is tomorrow. If you alleviate your gut for a second and consider me town, I don't know what other actions I should be taking. Taking a leaf out of papa Tirin's playbook is all I had at the time, and I mentioned why I decided to try and use it today rather then later. I'm glad your willing to switch your vote to Wilger because I think it's the best play today.

Rondait

No lynching is a terrible move in most games, but most mafia games don't have RPGesque mechanics that have a potential to snowball if we screw up, so I disagree that it's dumb or strictly anti-town in this case. With that said, in the interest of time, I'm not unwilling to lynch. I don't particularly trust Andy more than I trust Wilger, but at the least Andy is adding more value overall to the conversation, so if people are dead set on lynching someone and its currently looking like it's between the two of them...
Unlynch Nolynch
Lynch Wilger

I'll be awake for another hour and a half more so I'll be checking the thread and I am willing to change, but I doubt we'll get enough votes in time to avoid yet another grimm even if we get it right.

Tag_Ross

Um, Tag. He switched first by 2 hours, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.
It was late when I was writing that(hence forgetting to send it before I passed out) I must not have paid as much attention when I typed that part because I don't even know what that was about.
In 8 hours we'll hit a point where another level 1 Grim can spawn (we'll hit 200/50)
Also, if we kill a Townie that +60 will spawn a level 3 Grimm.

Anyways it looks like nolynch is nogo. Since it looks like like Wilger will be the one to die I'll Lynch Wilger.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Current Lynch Count:

No-Lynch: 1 (W1LG3R)
Andy: 1 (Dunsparce)
W1LG3R: 3 (Andy, Rondait, Tag)

Lemme know if I missed any votes.

The Grimm Counter is at 196

Without a hammer (5 votes), Day 1 will end tomorrow at 11:45 PM EST.

Tag_Ross

He has already said why he made his actions, what else can he say?
I was just trying to come to a conclusion of day 1 so we could gather intel.
Reasons for the short posts:
1. It's been a very busy day and my time to post has been limited.
2. It's my first mafia game in over a year.

Reason for the lynch on Andy:
He hopped on the Anatronman bandwagon and then immediately changed his vote to the person who hopped on after him.
If he's town then he's playing pretty bad, if he's scum he's still playing pretty bad.

Firedemon

The not bad person in me wants to lay off Wilger for this day because he's just returning for his first game in a while. But that can also be said of Ro, Rondait, and Tag. Oh wait, Tag has been playing I just blocked that whole Lusitania incident from last game out of my mind. But still, we're looking at like 1/3 of the players that meet this criteria so I think I'm just gonna have to drop this chivalry for this day 1. [irrelevantmetarambling]I think day 1 tends to result in new guy lynches relatively often anyways, so maybe I should just not bother with this approach in the future anyways.[/irrelevantmetarambling]

It doesn't help town very much when there isn't real discussion.
Not that I've done any better this day phase, but we're constantly ticking up the Grimm counter and working with an absolute time. So this isn't even not helping town, this is (in)actively(?) hurting the town.

Yes, I did just accuse myself of actively hurting the town.

While I honestly hate no lynching in general, I believe Dunsparce is town because no one else has stated that they were attacked
I'm a little exhausted as I write this, so maybe I got some posts out of order here, but Wilger claims to have spent some Aura on a "self-defense maneuver" which I think means he was attacked. I suppose he could be claiming some kind of self-targeting doctor, but I think it's more likely that was a reaction to being attacked. Jeroth also claims several people targeted him, which I took to mean he was attacked as well.

I guess clarification from Wilger and Jeroth on that would be nice. You don't need to reveal what kind of damage you took or anything, but it would be nice to have a more clear yes/no on being attacked. Given the ticking Grimm counter though, I'm not going to wait on that small confirmation - I'd just like to have it for clarity.

On the subject of the merits of no lynching, I agree that in some situations avoiding a Grimm threshold might be a good idea. I'm unsure of the real merits of stopping one level one Grimm from spawning though. Of course, if we ride this day phase out all the way AND lynch a town, that's gonna give us an extra two level one Grimm AND a level three. Here's the thing though, we have no (stated) way to lower the Grimm counter until at least one mafia dies. It doesn't matter if we kill all of them, they will respawn and the mafia's attacks will keep increasing how many spawn. So we may avert the spawning of that level three, but unless we get a really lucky early scum kill we're probably going to see quite a few of them throughout the game anyways. Ultimately, I would argue we not no-lynch for this.

I will drop a Lynch Wilger here to contribute to keeping the day phase from reaching that threshold. Wilger is jumping around a little with these short, uninformative posts, and of course he is the most possible lynchee at the moment. I don't think

Ro Ro Ro

I am debating just dropping the hammer now. With the Grimm counter rising, Wilger could potentially be doing his job as mafia just by keeping quiet and waiting.

AndyM03

I am debating just dropping the hammer now. With the Grimm counter rising, Wilger could potentially be doing his job as mafia just by keeping quiet and waiting.
I reckon go for it fam.

Firedemon, or anyone of the other inactives giving a post like that was inevitable and i'll have to wait until the next day phase before I judge it's scumminess. But I won't be letting @Firedemon skirt around the inactivity line like I've seen him do before, regardless of how out of his hands it was.

AndyM03

If the tick over is on the 45th minute of every hour then we have 20 minutes left.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Jeroth also claims several people targeted him, which I took to mean he was attacked as well.
Yes. I was attacked assuredly by multiple people and probably scum.

I'll be honest, Sunday's I work then spend time with my friends for D&D. I'm super sleepy reading this(and literally falling asleep), but my two cents and it'll be brief.

Andy appears scummy to me to whisk an easy lynch on wilger. It doesn't help how wilger is playing either. There's an element to snake oil salesman to it.

I'm pondering the capability of the Grimm and if we should focus them or keep guessing on our night actions.

For now, I would feel more comfortable lynching Andy.

AndyM03

Honestly fair enough that i'm the only player with enough points to analyse besides Wilgers clear mistakes, but I dunno what to say. I can be scrutinised tomorrow, Ro has waited around and allowed an extra Grim to spawn, I'd like to put him on my hitlist but it's such an obvious mistake it's hard to put him on there. Surely he wouldn't bait that on purpose? Or is that an old mates razor, who knows. Rondait, Fire and Tag at least raised their shoulders and said fuck what else we got lads, may as well and joined me on a lynch. Maybe that makes those three the most suspicious? I'm clearly not an investigative role, because I said earlier I was hopeful for some direction.

I was trying to hold a higher standard for a day 1 lynch because of a night 0 and heard naught. I tried to hold a lynch anyways but was also happy with a no lynch and instead @Jeroth @Dunsparce @Ro Ro Ro @Anatronman had better things to do then to make a decision before an extra grimm spawned. I've also been targeted for both my lynching and also by my humble advocate for a no lynch respectively which is a cool meme.

The diminishing returns curve with this games balance looks like a parabola rather then a negative exponential so idk when you lads are waking up but the need to rush has passed for the most part, although that can be argued. I still am curious to see if Wilger made a clumsy mistake after not playing for awhile, but there's been clear players who have prolonged this day and players who haven't. I pretty much am only happy with myself and Rondait at the moment. That's not ignoring Tag who has made observations and decisions this game, i've just found a more townie vibe to Ron's comments.

Rondait

Ah, I misunderstood you then Jeroth, I assumed when you said you were targeted by multiple people you meant by abilities, not attacks. Still, that is definitely interesting. Either a town attacked, the mafia has a strange ability, or someone is lying.

Anatronman

@Anatronman had better things to do then to make a decision before an extra grimm spawned.
Sorry boys, finals. I don't even know what ing me does, I didn't get emailed.

I took a decent slice of last night's damage. I'm assuming there's no better option than to attack the Grimm if we spawn a baddie today, so there are definite benefits to the No Lynch. I feel like I have a good understanding of everyone's position today so I'd like to wait for @W1LG3RtheCyan to return before I make any unnecessary reveals or analysis.

Top Bottom