Seth Rich

Lumpy

Seth Rich was a DNC staffer that was murdered in DC in what was determined to be a robbery. None of his possessions were taken.

For anyone that doesn't know who he is yet, he made the news when Julian Assange came out after his death, offered an award for any information leading to an arrest, and essentially insinuated he was the DNC leaker. A bit after this, an ex-UK ambassador with ties to Wikileaks also started to claim the DNC leak came from disgruntled insiders, and that he acted as an intermediary.

In response to that, many friends and spokespeople for the family members began releasing statements saying that he would never do such a thing, that he was a Clinton supporter, and that he was about to accept a job working for her campaign.

For whatever reason, that was enough to kill any suspicion that Seth Rich was in contact with Wikileaks, with people even claiming it was a conspiracy theory to suggest so. This was made even worse a few days ago when a private investigator by the name of Rod Wheeler went on a Fox affiliate and claimed he had insider knowledge, from within the FBI or DCPolice, that Rich was in contact with Wikileaks.

He has come out since and retracted everything he said in the above video. He has no sources. He has no new information. The one thing to come out of this though, other than a resurgence of interest in Rich, was that the family's new spokesman, a DNC Crisis PR manager, released a statement on their behalf that did not completely refute Wheelers claim. In that, they never verified what was on Seth's laptop. In fact, the wording very much implies they do not have it. If the police didn't take it, the FBI never took it, and the family didn't take it, where is the laptop?

The family also released the letter he was writing supposedly to accept a position in Hillary's campaign. The only line was "All my life I wanted to be in a position that I can make a difference."

Now, with Seth back in the news, a bunch of new info is flooding out. Alternate social media accounts were found. When his Reddit account was found, Reddit edited certain posts that linked the account to his email, causing yet another unnecessary uproar with people accusing them of a coverup.

And now a certain attention whore is trying to say he knew him personally. This generally wouldn't matter all that much, but Julian Assange followed up the media frenzy it created by tweeting: WikiLeaks has never disclosed a source. Sources sometimes talk to other parties but identities never emerge from WikiLeaks. #SethRich

Kim Dotcom claims the announcement will be made later today.

Sean Hannity is also going balls out for Kim Dotcom. He's basically staking what's left of his career on it. Either we see it implode today, or the Russia narrative. Win/win.

Lumpy

So, Hannity pulled back, almost apologized to the family, and has moved on to MMFA attacking him for his conservative beliefs.
https://twitter.com/seanhannity

Meanwhile, in the real world, the family's new PI is going to look into the possibility that Russia assassinated Seth Rich. That's not offensive at all for some reason. The family also wants police to release the details of the case now.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4516416/DNC-staffer-Seth-Rich-family-demand-answers-cops.html

By the way, here's the first time Assange addressed Seth Rich:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Kinda interesting overall, but the thing is, the DNC was hacked. Again, last I looked at that, all the experts they gave the relevant data to seemed to pretty much agree without reservation that the Russian government was the most likely source of the hacks, whether or not the Trump campaign was involved in any way whatsoever. Whether or not Russia did it is beside the point here, though - point being, doesn't the fact that Russian malware was used to get the DNC info seem to clash with the idea that it was an inside job, in the first place? It's not like somebody just showed up to work, downloaded all their email archives onto a jump drive, and walked off with them.

My cyber security credentials are pretty fuckin' average-pleb level, mind you. But if I were inclined to try and make judgement calls of my own despite that, I'd be pretty skeptical of the off-chance that the outside hack was actually an inside job.

Lumpy

Hard to say. For one, the Wikileaks leak coming from the inside does not necessarily rule out that Russians hacked into the server, just as Seth Rich being the leaker would not necessarily prove he was assassinated. Two, Russian malware would not necessarily prove it was Russians. It relies on that malware only being in the hands of the Russian government, and not rogue groups. Not even the CIA or NSA can make that claim about their own tools. Three, all relevant data was bottlenecked through CrowdStrike, which is a private security firm hired by the DNC. No intelligence agencies actually looked at the servers directly because the DNC would not allow them access.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Two, Russian malware would not necessarily prove it was Russians. It relies on that malware only being in the hands of the Russian government, and not rogue groups.
Yeah, naturally. But the question is why Seth Rich would be using said Russian malware, and if so, how he managed to get that done in a way that no cybersecurity or counter-intelligence experts could in any way trace back to him. Granted, that's also an appeal to ignorance on my part. I'm just assuming that all the regular bullshit that I know about wouldn't hold up to that level of scrutiny. And if he got the DNC emails for Wikileaks through some other means instead, then what the heck could those have been?

Here's a fucking retarded article.
Y'know, I read a lot of Washington Post articles... and I'm pretty confident that these two quote segments are essentially redundant. Not that I disagree with you here; I'm just sayin'.

Lumpy

Yeah, naturally. But the question is why Seth Rich would be using said Russian malware, and if so, how he managed to get that done in a way that no cybersecurity or counter-intelligence experts could in any way trace back to him. Granted, that's also an appeal to ignorance on my part. I'm just assuming that all the regular bullshit that I know about wouldn't hold up to that level of scrutiny. And if he got the DNC emails for Wikileaks through some other means instead, then what the heck could those have been?
There are a few theories here, and it really just depends on what you believe in the first place. Really, the whole DNC leak is just a fucking mess. Going to rank them from least likely to most likely.

1. Seth Rich worked essentially alone - this requires him actually being a decent enough hacker to exploit what little access he had to DNC servers. He'd have also needed to reach out to Wikileaks alone. Problem is, even though he was programming an app, that wasn't his background. From the description of the app, seems like it was pretty basic. Also, how would one just get into contact with Wikileaks? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich#Conspiracy_theories

2. Seth Rich worked with someone like Kim Dotcom - It'd give him at least somewhat of a tie to Wikileaks. This basically means buying Kim's story that Seth went by the name Panda and wanted to create an Internet Party. Very unlikely. His parents said they've never heard him talk about the need for an Internet Party.

3. He worked in a group - there were multiple whistleblowers in different areas of the DNC working to pass things to Wikileaks. This would be the UK ambassador's angle, since he claimed it was disgruntled insiders. Seems like someone would have spoke up or leaked some evidence in this case though.

4. He worked with a hacker named Guccifer 2.0 - since Guccifer's method of breaching the DNC was never officially determined, it could be that he had someone on the inside. There is also a leaked conversation supposedly between "Guccifer 2" and a model named Robbin Young where he claims Seth Rich was his whistle blower. Although the conversation is likely real, real enough to warrant the FBI speaking to Young, there are a few problems there. Some theories suggest that Guccifer2 is in fact an entire gaggle of Russian hackers. Other theories suggest he isn't even the leaker/hacker at all. Both have far more compelling evidence than him being a lone hacker. Though, the latter doesn't explain why Wikileaks uploaded the Robbin Young conversation. http://g-2.space/

5. He didn't do anything - The only way this makes sense without Assange intentionally peddling conspiracy theories would be if Guccifer 2 was in fact the leaker(s), that they didn't have any relationship to Seth, and they latched on to his death as a misdirection. This calls into question why Guccifer made so many contradictory and false statements, but it would fit with the way Assange originally framed it, saying the death concerns his sources. It would also explain why Wikileaks retweeted the conversation with Robbin Young. Either that, or Assange is creating this controversy for no reason at all other than maybe hype, or to aid someone else. Either way at the potential cost of his own integrity.

So, Hannity's advertisers are bailing. Good chance he'll be gone soon.

Kim Dotcom claims he'll send a letter to Mueller on Monday. That'll likely be where his involvement ends. Unless he includes something damn good in there, I don't see Mueller ever taking it seriously, or even a reason why he should.

And the media is actually going with the "Kim tried to phish the info for a dead man's email by getting him to sign up for his own website" angle. I have no clue what they're thinking or why they care about discrediting him so much. They are also pushing an old debunked story about him faking an email.

Last edited:

Lumpy

To give an update of what happened in the last week or so:
The family asked for DC police to release everything they have about Seth's death.
DC police followed by shutting down all public communication about Seth Rich's death.
Lobbyist Jack Burkman filed a lawsuit for the release of information.
JudicialWatch will also begin sending FOIA's soon.
WND claims that Butowski claims that the father told him Bauman was assigned to the family and he has "no idea why".
Butowski also claims Burkman won't listen to the family and they asked Butowski to stop speaking for them. Be wary of WND though. They aren't exactly a reliable source of news.
I'm still waiting for someone to contact the family and debunk this one.
Friends and family are pretty adamant this wasn't in Seth's character.
Kim Dotcom's letter to Mueller. Still nothing. Again, media still had to misrepresent it by saying he was trying to get a pardon.

Reward for information leading to an arrest is sitting around $450,000 if everyone stays true to their word. DC Police, Wikileaks, Burkman, OAN, Martin Shkrelli, a few others I can't remember.

Old info to flesh out the Seth Rich/insider whistle-blower theory:
Josh Uretsky was recommended to Bernie's campaign by DNC staffers and hired to as his national data director. Josh was fired for accessing and possibly saving or documenting voter data belonging to the Clinton campaign. A Sanders adviser accused the DNC of recommending Josh as a saboteur. Some people have suggested Seth Rich was one of the three people to recommend him to Bernie's campaign, but as far as I know, no one has found anything to link the two. Of the four unique IDs to access other DNC users private data, three were fired.

Craig Murray, who has worked with Wikileaks in the past when he exposed US/UK backed Uzbek torture programs, first claimed to The Guardian that it was an insider leak and that he'd met the person. Within a day the phrasing slightly changed to insider leaks. Four days after saying he knew the whistle-blower, he claims there were several sources of the leaks and that he had received the emails from an intermediary for disgusted Democratic insiders and handed them over to Wikileaks. He was scheduled to be in D.C. late September, and was at least momentarily barred from entering the U.S., but considering there's a video of him giving the speech he was meant to give, I'm guessing he made it.

Assange said Murray is not authorized to talk on behalf of Wikileaks.

Top Bottom