Ended Small Vanilla Mafia: Mafia Victory

Dunsparce

Andy, you sly little shit. You're out to get your revenge for last game, ain'tcha? You're trying to pull a damn Zemo gambit and cause a rift between me and Firedemon. And you almost got away with it, except for one thing: you're the only motherfucker left who hasn't made a roleclaim. You've given yourself just enough leeway so you can still claim either doctor or vanilla townie. But I'm not gonna fall for it, and neither is Firedemon because he's seen through your little ruse. The power of our friendship is stronger than any of your lies.

Lynch Andy

AndyM03

Except for the fact that I'm a vanilla townie and my ambiguity was sort of an attempt to get scum to hit a self protecting doctor and sort of something I just ended up rolling with. I thought the idea was to role claim today, not yesterday, but I may have misread something.

Anyway, most of that doesn't matter, especially after Firedemon 's claim yesterday and the fact that you didn't counterclaim after it, and instead hammered the day. The only information scum needed out of day one was a confirmation on who the doctor was to guarantee their night one kill. I suppose once you got that the day was done in your eyes.

It's obviously clear to me that Dunsparce is scum, (and not just a dingus with some fun to read prose) but I suppose the fun and tenseness of today will be convincing Firedemon. I'll be in the office in two hours and will continue my post there. For now though,

Lynch Dunsparce

Youve been busting people's balls all day, and the way in which you've done it has been pretty suss. Posts and analysis will follow assuming Firedemon doesn't beat me to it.

Firedemon

You're trying to pull a damn Zemo gambit and cause a rift between me and Firedemon.

*SNIP*

But I'm not gonna fall for it, and neither is Firedemon because he's seen through your little ruse. The power of our friendship is stronger than any of your lies.

Lynch Andy

See, funny story Dunsparce. I totally wasn't on your side. I actually never even commented on your assumption of my innocence. But it actually strikes me as highly suspicious that I posted math and was immediately a vanilla townie in your eyes. As scum, you would know that everyone else is pro-town, so offering trust comes at little risk to you, but can foster reciprocation. I don't trust you for trusting me, and that misconception seems to be the basis of your argument for lynching Andy.

Dunsparce

It was a joke, bro. I understand that my chances of convincing you are pretty small.

The reason I thought you were a vanilla townie was that you wouldn't stick your neck out like that if you had a power role, better to keep under the radar so you don't attract scum's attention. Every time I made a leap of logic on the basis of you being a vanilla townie, it came with the caveat that you might not actually be one. I jumped on Andy initially because I thought he was roleclaiming, and that I figured the whole damn game out. Turns out I was just accidentally right.

There's really not a whole lot else to say, other than fuck you, I'm right. You're gonna have to use your own judgement, even though you're probably gonna judge wrong.

AndyM03

Current theory: Dunsparce is scum and was trying to end the day on day one and appear townie for doing so despite Firedemon's math.

Four posts in, and you already lost the game. After Firedemon's post, I figured he was a vanilla townie, since he wouldn't do all that math shit if he was scum, and he wouldn't put himself out there if he had a power role. I knew that between Jeroth and Andy, one of them was scum and the other was the doc. Since I'm a vanilla townie, that means whichever of the two of you claims that role is lying.

Unless Firedemon actually is the Doctor, in which case it could be either of you.
Key quote: "You've already lost the game"
I'm surprised you actually made that claim, 'cause like I said, whichever of the two of you claims that role must be lying. You're 100% confirmed scum to me now,
Key quote: "You're 100% confirmed scum to me now" (to a different player this time lmao)
Hypothetically we could win this game today if we all agree to lynch Jeroth, but I have no expectation of that happening.
The culmination of previous aggression: Setting the tone for a day 1 lynch for the "quick win".

It went from 50/50 to 100% confirmed because you claimed to be vanilla townie, which isn't possible because there's only two of them in the game, me and Firedemon (which he could disprove any time, which is why I want to let him post first). I don't know why I'm even bothering to explain this when I actually explained it in the fucking post you're quoting. This isn't even stupidity, it's just a blatant misrepresentation of what I said.
The reason Dunsparce could be so confident in trusting Firedemon is because like you said yourself FD, Dunsparce had more knowledge then any of us by virtue of being scum. He clearly had a hunch you were the doctor from the start after the math post, in which you made the key calculations the doctor needed to make to win the game. He basically deduced 'confirmed townie' + 'more care factor then other players' = 'doctor'. I'm sure if Dunsparce was actually a scum hunting townie he'd give you grief for the same reasons Jeroth and I started deducting, but of course he knew the best bet was to trick the doctor.

If I claimed vanilla townie initially like he thought I did, he would have continued to apply pressure onto me throughout that day instead of needing to pivot to Jeroth. I'm definitely an easier player to pressure, and it makes sense he was so eager to go after me, so much so he misinterpreted my post towards his own ends. My possibility of being a doctor completely threw a wrench in his plans and ruined his perfect play. In a game with limited days and players, it kind of makes sense to ignore the math route and go the personable "reasonable deduction" route that makes mafia so fun. I can definitely see a world where Dunsparce convinced a lynch on someone yesterday. I think that first slip up took the wind out of his sails and ruined his plan for a decisive day one.

I think most of that makes sense. A ballsy plan that fits an already aggressive player regardless of affiliation.

Dunsparce

Current theory: Dunsparce is scum and was trying to end the day on day one and appear townie for doing so despite Firedemon's math.
Alternative theory: I believed everything I said I believed for the reasons I said I believed them.

The reason Dunsparce could be so confident in trusting Firedemon is because like you said yourself FD, Dunsparce had more knowledge then any of us by virtue of being scum. He clearly had a hunch you were the doctor from the start after the math post, in which you made the key calculations the doctor needed to make to win the game. He basically deduced 'confirmed townie' + 'more care factor then other players' = 'doctor'. I'm sure if Dunsparce was actually a scum hunting townie he'd give you grief for the same reasons Jeroth and I started deducting, but of course he knew the best bet was to trick the doctor.
Uhh... Have you been playing the same game we've been playing? Every damn thing I said yesterday was based on Firedemon not being the doctor.

If I claimed vanilla townie initially like he thought I did, he would have continued to apply pressure onto me throughout that day instead of needing to pivot to Jeroth. I'm definitely an easier player to pressure, and it makes sense he was so eager to go after me, so much so he misinterpreted my post towards his own ends. My possibility of being a doctor completely threw a wrench in his plans and ruined his perfect play. In a game with limited days and players, it kind of makes sense to ignore the math route and go the personable "reasonable deduction" route that makes mafia so fun. I can definitely see a world where Dunsparce convinced a lynch on someone yesterday. I think that first slip up took the wind out of his sails and ruined his plan for a decisive day one.
Never actually wanted a lynch yesterday no matter how many times you fuckers try to say I did. I agreed with Firedemon's math shit, but I wanted to exploit the first day as much as possible for info because in a normal game that's what you want to do (I realize now that wasn't the best plan, sorry not sorry). It kind of backfired when FD claimed doc and revealed who he was gonna protect, but that's really more his fault than mine.

I think most of that makes sense. A ballsy plan that fits an already aggressive player regardless of affiliation.
I'm a wild card player. Sometimes I completely ruin my team's chances of success. Other times I manage to pull an unlikely victory out of my ass. And sometimes I even do both in the same breath. My playstyle tends to work out better in games with more people.

AndyM03

Uhh... Have you been playing the same game we've been playing? Every damn thing I said yesterday was based on Firedemon not being the doctor.
It wasn't the longest of days, so apologies if that thought sounds overarching. It was more your initial mindset/hunch that led you into forcefully misinterpreting myself. Once I created the ambiguity of being the doctor, your hunch (Which in your mind, was a pretty safe bet) was completely fucked. So yes, a majority of your posts were based on Fd not being the doctor, after our initial confrontation messed up your perfect play gamble.

I think most of us play better with less constraints on days/information, but i've enjoyed this so far! Assuming Firedemon doesn't fuck me/the town over like he did last game! (though that was mainly Anatrons fault... still, deja vu baby).

Dunsparce

Your theory doesn't make any sense. If I thought FD was the doc, I wouldn't have busted your balls for claiming vanilla townie.

You must have a really low opinion of Firedemon if you think he's gonna fall for this. I know for a fact that FD is a smart and charming person who isn't gonna be fooled by your attempts to butter him up.

Firedemon

ItAssuming Firedemon doesn't fuck me/the town over like he did last game! (though that was mainly Anatrons fault... still, deja vu baby).
Urge to joke lynch rising.

I think I've made my decision, no point in making you guys fight over me longer. Lynch Dunsparce the trust issues and ending the day prematurely are pretty damning in my mind. The only thing I have to reconcile here is that Jeroth died. Jeroth is the only logical kill for Andy (or correctly calling my self protect bluff, scrubs) but I kind of felt Andy would be a better kill for Dunsparce. But killing Jeroth still makes some sense, so I can't conclude that Dunsparce would necessarily have come to the same conclusion as me and killed Andy.

tl;dr sorry I didn't save you Jeroth, it was a tough choice.

Firedemon

By the way, now that game is over, here's what happened with me day 1.

I realized that no lynching was a terrible idea. Basically, we were giving the mafia the chance to stack the deck against us. By no lynching, we gave the mafia a pretty good shot at getting to pick their opponent and their judge. But I realized that the situation with two confirmed pro-town players is really strong because the mafia will have a player they specifically did not want around sitting on their jury of two, AND the mafia still has to persuade two pro-town players to mislynch instead of one. So I figured the optimal play would be to fool the mafia into definitely not trying to kill me so that I could protect someone and possibly force the two-confirmed situation. Obviously I guessed wrong. Even better, if Dunsparce hadn't ended the day and I could have baited a hypothetical scum into counter claiming me, I had a 50/50 chance of saving someone because killing me would have been met with an instant lynch. Since I also was pretty confident I sold the mafia on me self protecting, I could safely drop misleading suggestions about how I would vote in certain match ups, to try to bait mafia into hitting whoever I protect or revealing themselves with an obvious night kill.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Congrats on the win Andy!

Andy was mafia
FD was doc
Dunsparce was vanilla townie

I'll join the conversation proper later, in a rush right now.

Really like this small game format, and I'm stoked my boi won it all. :)

AndyM03

By the way, now that game is over, here's what happened with me day 1.

I realized that no lynching was a terrible idea. Basically, we were giving the mafia the chance to stack the deck against us. By no lynching, we gave the mafia a pretty good shot at getting to pick their opponent and their judge.
Yeah I was almost about to claim doctor when everyone started thinking I was, but I eventually decided the ability to do this was good enough.

AndyM03

GGWP everyone! Thanks for running this game TC, it was quite different to what i'm used to and I had a great time. Was really on the edge of my seat for most of it.

Top Bottom