Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer

13thforsworn

Thoughts? Personally I can't gt over the fact that Emilia Clark will always be either Daenerys Targaryen or simply Emilia Clark. But anyway, having only just relatively recently become a star Wars fan, I can't say that anything in the trailer has me upset or annoyed, or assuming that it will be bad. I hope it's good, of course. I think Burnie Burns said it best, something along the lines of 'the most die-hard Star Wars fans love Star Wars except for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, and Rogue One movies'.

AndyM03

Y'all know I see fuckin everything and as a star wars fan I'm gonna see it no matter what. If it bombs hard I wanna see why and if it's surprisingly good then all's well. If it's average I just like going to the movies so I'll still have a good time.

So yeah I'm keen.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm definitely gonna watch it myself. Looks like the next few months are real good for movies, get hype.

Milamber

Donor III
I wasn't particularly hyped for the Solo film, but the trailers have piqued my interest enough that I'll give it a shot.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
A lot of people I know are saying that a lot is ridding on how well they pull off the character of Han Solo since it isn't Harrison Ford anymore. So far from the trailers I'm liking what I see. I'm going to watch it anyway because it's Star Wars and I'm curious about how much of the old EU that get re-canonized. Plus a hist film set in the Star Wars universe still sounds like a lot of fun.

Milamber

Donor III
A lot of people I know are saying that a lot is riding on how well they pull off the character of Han Solo since it isn't Harrison Ford anymore.
I'm curious why they feel like that because I assume the Solo film or films will have much impact on the main trilogy.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
I'm curious why they feel like that because I assume the Solo film or films will have much impact on the main trilogy.
Mostly it's just old fans that have a hard time liking anything other than the original trilogy. They feel Harrison Ford made Han Solo who he is and if Alden Ehrenreich portrays the character in a way that they can't imagine then they'll cry, "They ruined Han Solo!" and reject the movie. Similar to the portrayal of Anikan from the prequel trilogy, that 9 year old got death threats from disgruntled old nerds. I'll admit there are certain things I'm expecting for how Han Solo will be portrayed simply because he's been cemented so well into the Star Wars universe for decades, but nothing from the trailers feels off so I'm excited to see what they do.

AndyM03

It had its problems, but ultimately I liked the film. It's best bits were really good, and it's worst bits weren't that bad.
The first ~10 or 15 minutes of dialogue was really bad. Apart from that and some cinematography issues, it was a great fuckin movie. It was just fun.

AndyM03

Oh Christ I was so scared for the film right then. I'd bet money those were the parts that were re-shot.
I had the same fears as you after the news of the production and what not, so oh my god that start did not help alleviate my fears. However it was kind of great for me because I went from full *taking notes on everything wrong* to just slipping into child-like enjoyment of everything.

Top Bottom