Sorry about that.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Mach Entertainment was temporarily down earlier today. I would like to apologize for that. Just to fill you in on the details, our domain entered it's grace period before being released. Due to a problem with the billing department (the most cluttered section of my desk) the payment hadn't been processed and so the domain entered a parked state. The domain has since been transferred into my sole possession, as before it was under another account. Now the bill can be paid easier and this issue shouldn't occur again.

Two-Step verification is back online as well. Users who protect their account using it may now authenticate properly.

Let me clarify right here and now, money was not an issue. While we do appreciate donations to offset the cost of the server and domains, it's actually not all that expensive and we'll manage to get by month to month.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
On a positive side note, last month we actually managed to pay for the server in ad revenue. Not really supposed to talk about it but I just wanted to say that I'm proud of the community for being active enough for that to be a thing. Never thought it would happen and I nearly had a heart attack when it did.

Requiem

I knew using my phone more than my computer would pay off. I don't use my adblock stuff on my phone.

Walrus

I use my phone most of the time...I never see ads while on the tapatalk app. Is using tapatalk hurting ad revenue?

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah we don't generate revenue from Tapatalk users. Would I say it's hurting revenue? Nah, not to undermine the single user's revenue generation but if it's more convenient for you to browse that way, do it. Ultimately the goal is to keep users involved in the community not to make lots of moneh from teh livestock. Personally I don't like tapatalk. On Android it's slow as fuck and cumbersome to navigate. I usually resort to just browsing it using a mobile browser.

Requiem

Same. Using Chrome on my galaxy s6 and the rest experience has been very smooth. Works as well as my computer I should say. The only thing the computer has on my phone is a keyboard, so when I need to type something up that's going to be long or in depth, I get on my computer. Otherwise, it's all phone stuff bby

Tag_Ross

Personally I don't like tapatalk. On Android it's slow as fuck and cumbersome to navigate. I usually resort to just browsing it using a mobile browser.
Exactly why I stopped using it an hour after downloading it, the annoying Tapatalk advert is less of a hassle than actually using Tapatalk.

Requiem

And for me that ad usually only pops up if I don't login correctly, because I logged out of Google at some point somewhere.

Top Bottom